Author Topic: NGBC - Tung Fu Rue  (Read 8404 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: NGBC - Tung Fu Rue
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 11:30:43 PM »
Hey I know I've had the discussion with you about the muscleman timing... I've got a vid request... If ever can you show us Tung players the timing via vid??? I think that could help unless of course the number of hits can also be determined on the character Tung is fighting against... I was almost lead to believe that they nerfed Tung in the xbl version, because it just seems easier to do on the jps2 version...

Dark Geese

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 12:02:59 AM »
Sure thing I can make a video with "The Many Faces of Tung Fu Rue" RemiX since now I can make the video and add an annotation to it explaining where to tap the MuscleMan... and then making a sound explaining the timing...

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 07:48:07 AM »
Wouldn't NJ. A leave you in a extremely punishable position?

You can mid air cancel it with dive kick.
Ah didn't know that, been taking a cursory look at Tung for a few days now, alot of the info you two have been posting has been helpful. Still iffy on switching out Washizuka for him.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 07:05:03 PM »

Can you do the dive kick after a ;uf ;a ??

Yes you can!!! After both you can do the dive kick or the twirling mid air punches.

I just tested that a few days ago, and I haven't been able to cancel it into the dive kick. Is there specific timing required, or do I have hold ;up in order for the cancel to work???

If I do manage to get it, I'll post up how it's done... As of now, for the XBLA version, its not possible-- for now...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:08:11 PM by jinxhand »

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 03:27:21 AM »

Can you do the dive kick after a ;uf ;a ??

Yes you can!!! After both you can do the dive kick or the twirling mid air punches.

I just tested that a few days ago, and I haven't been able to cancel it into the dive kick. Is there specific timing required, or do I have hold ;up in order for the cancel to work???

If I do manage to get it, I'll post up how it's done... As of now, for the XBLA version, its not possible-- for now...
It's possible, but the j.A has to hit.

Tung's muscleman gets raped by sweeps, projectiles, certain DP's, Ryo's 63214C, and a bunch of other things.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 09:27:11 PM »
Ok, so back to the j/f MM trick...

How does the input differ in these situations:

Anti-air? Also, does the input vary if the opponent is in the air, but behind Tung (i.e.- failed crossup)?

Tung standing in front of player?

Tung standing behind player?

Tung using 5D, 6C?

I've been trying to see if negative edge can affect this or not as well. The highest I can get on the XBLA version is still 20 hits, and that's both from using 5D to 6C, or 2A into MM. I was able to hit 20 off of a cross up as well, but nothing further. I'd eventually like to make a chart of some sort showing certain situations, and how to j/f MM to get the max amount of hits in each scenario. I also wonder and want to test to see if character sizes can affect anything related to j/f MM outside of range due to hitboxes.