Author Topic: Hello! Nice to meet you.  (Read 2093 times)

X

• New Challenger
  • Owari no shiyose
    • View Profile
Hello! Nice to meet you.
« on: May 19, 2016, 05:11:59 PM »
Hello and nice to meet you guys. I am someone who's recently got into KoF through 02 on Fightcade and XIII on steam. I've been mainly someone who's played SF competitively for a very long time with a dash of GG, but I was interested in KoF for quite a while and I find this series to be amazing.

Along with SF it is now the series that I will be playing competitively (If I get enough money to travel to events ;_;) because I love the series.

I hope I'll be able to find people to play with very seriously to get a lot better. I've mainly been in training mode for KoF XIII by finding combos for my team and making sure I get them down perfectly (Which I haven't finished yet) because the online matchmaking is unfortunately dead since I got into the series very late.

I live in the UK, so unless it's 02 on Fightcade I won't be able to play against North Americans in XIII which makes me sad.

If you are interested in adding me on Steam my ID is:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/SIG-MA
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:20:25 PM by X »
KoF XIII - EX-Kyo/K'/EX-Iori
KoF 02 - Kyo/K'/Iori

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello! Nice to meet you.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 05:56:22 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

I'm from Germany and playing people from the east coast or canada still gives you 2 bars (yellow). I currently don't have access to my computer for a while but check out the online section here, there's a list for users/platforms/regions so feel free to add people from EU. Most of the current XIII online play takes place by requesting games from the FL in my experience.

If you get bored from practice mode try the missions section and do the trials, they might not be "meter efficient" but you can get some things down with the characters.

Have a nice stay ^,~

X

• New Challenger
  • Owari no shiyose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 08:50:06 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome :)

I am glad to know that I'll be able to play people from the East Coast/Canada since 2 bars is still playable. And training mode is one of my favorite modes in fighters next to offline-versus/online versus so I'll be using it a lot but I also did the challenges/missions which I found to be a bit helpful.

I also managed to find a match online and it was a veteran. I lost but I found it to be a helpful experience because I can see what mistakes I did and know what to do to improve.
KoF XIII - EX-Kyo/K'/EX-Iori
KoF 02 - Kyo/K'/Iori

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 09:17:27 PM »
That's a good attitude, you can also save the replays from matches and rewatch situations where you didn't know how to respond or were noteworthy etc.