Author Topic: Kyo Combo's  (Read 9251 times)

Coliflowerz

• Strongest Tiger
  • #topshelfesteem
    • View Profile
Re: Kyo Combo's
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 10:14:33 PM »
Only the 182 Shiki increases in damage.

In the lab right now. Orochinagi does 190 uncharged. Charge for one second, it does 210. Two seconds does 240. Max charge does 270.

Respectively, 182 shiki does 165 uncharged, 179 for one second, 222 at two, 241 Max.

EX Orochinagi, with the same charge times, does 313, 342, 370, and 399.

EX Shiki, 328, 356, 385, 423.

This can be useful; st. C xx df. X xx qcf D D > orochinagi does 272 is the orochinagi is done immediately. If charged a little, it can do 288.
I do nothing but post KOFXIV tech so gimme a follow if you like that
https://twitter.com/coliflowerz
https://www.youtube.com/user/Coliflowerz

KrsJin

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 03:45:31 PM »
Dang so you can charge it a little bit in standard combos. Time to get the timings down. Thanks for doing that research.

Shirakani

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 08:43:33 AM »
Only the 182 Shiki increases in damage.

In the lab right now. Orochinagi does 190 uncharged. Charge for one second, it does 210. Two seconds does 240. Max charge does 270.

Respectively, 182 shiki does 165 uncharged, 179 for one second, 222 at two, 241 Max.

EX Orochinagi, with the same charge times, does 313, 342, 370, and 399.

EX Shiki, 328, 356, 385, 423.

This can be useful; st. C xx df. X xx qcf D D > orochinagi does 272 is the orochinagi is done immediately. If charged a little, it can do 288.

Well, holy shit x.x

First KOF ever where Kyo's Orochinagi actually gains from a charge... This definitely solidifies my claim that 'less is more' then. If you were to simply perform the MAX Orochinagi after  ;dn ;df ;fd ;d upkicks and do nothing but charge... you're going to get a lot more mileage out of it than if you were to supercancel and let it go. The fact that the MAX Orochinagi is like its XIII self (1 frame execution on release) means you can really delay RIGHT to the last moment for the highest damage possible...

You're probably not going to see the MAX 182 Shiki used in the same way too much... well maybe, but this really does give a reason to play the 'unblockabait' game with the move. Lets say, score a hard knockdown in the corner via the Aragami -> Migiri Ugachi combo and then back off a step or two and just charge the move... By the time the opponent starts to get up, they don't really have many options. Most will be just holding block by pure habit and will eat the unblockable. I keep thinking back on that one filthy ass unblockabait super Orochi Yashiro had in 98 which literally executed right as an opponent rose from a hard knockdown... and it was unblockable at max. Wonder if this can be used in a similar way...
PSN/Steam: Shirakani

Coliflowerz

• Strongest Tiger
  • #topshelfesteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2016, 09:17:32 AM »
idk man i think you can just roll :/

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2016, 09:36:14 AM »
Just small info, if you want to do a faster orochinagi, use the A version, just hold it and release. I don't think you can do this with the C version.

Also if you want to use it qcf+D ,D you can charge 182 shiki easier for better dame than orochinagi. The orochinagi has better range though. So maybe better to use orochinagi midscreen and 182 shiki in the corner.

Shirakani

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 04:25:22 AM »
idk man i think you can just roll :/

Step back outside of roll range. The move still has more than enough step in reach and speed to hit. This also makes it so that unless they have a super long fast poke, they can't hit you out of it either so their options are really limited.

Granted the invincibility on the move is nowhere NEAR what it was in KOF99. In KOF99 even if they jumped, you could wait for them to stick out an attack and blow right through the jump attack... But with the way XIV is I guess it'd be way too much to expect that level of hax.

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 04:32:35 AM »
2 meter anywhere, anchor: j.D cl.D df.D(2) MAX cr.C df.D(1) dpb+BD qcf+B~B qcf+BD SC qcfx2+P

577 dmg

What kinda damage values have y'all been getting for 2 meter combos? that's the biggest one I've come up with so far
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:38:16 AM by Mr.Minionman »

Shirakani

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 11:50:36 AM »
2 meter anywhere, anchor: j.D cl.D df.D(2) MAX cr.C df.D(1) dpb+BD qcf+B~B qcf+BD SC qcfx2+P

577 dmg

What kinda damage values have y'all been getting for 2 meter combos? that's the biggest one I've come up with so far

That's more or less the best you're going to get. You may get more if you DON'T do any supercancelling and just charge the supers and release them as late as possible, going by the discoveries earlier in this thread. Standing C into f+B after the MAX activation may give like... 10 more or some pissant amount that really isn't worth debating :P

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 05:17:52 PM »
Err yeah, that's mb it wasn't a super cancel, that's actually what I did. Ex kicks to put them as high as I can, then charge the qcfx2 for as long as possible.  Timing takes some getting used to, but it's pretty easy too otherwise. I didn't know f+B cancelled in max, gotta tack on that extra damage lo

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2016, 03:47:29 AM »
Actually just nabbed a combo I saw on that china exhibition set:
2 meter anywhere, 1000MAX: j.D cl.D df.D(2) MAX cr.C df.D(1) dpb+BD qcf+B~B dash forward dp+C SC (hold) qcfx2+P

568 dmg

It's almost the same as what I did, but it can be done without the extra max meter >_> Anchor combos all seem to be more trouble then they are worth...

EDIT: also

2 meter corner, 1250MAX: j.D cl.D df.D(2) MAX cr.C df.D(1) dpb+BD qcf+B~B qcf+A dp+C SC (hold) qcfx2+P

583 dmg

these guys are really optimizing their damage >_> No idea how long it'll take me to implement this stuff

EDIT 2: I uploaded a quick vid of the 2 combos. the first uses a really neat buffer tech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpWuRJdFZCE
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:51:26 PM by Mr.Minionman »

Coliflowerz

• Strongest Tiger
  • #topshelfesteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2016, 08:23:33 AM »
Are you sure that second combo is anywhere? o.o

That second combo, you can make it work even on 1st position in the corner by using a CD instead of cr. C df. D. It'll save just enough time for the super at the end to be an EX.

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2016, 06:50:55 PM »
another day, another notation error -_- yeah, that's a corner combo. And niiiiiice doing what you suggested net 604 damage. that's really scary for only 2 bars. :o

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2016, 07:05:38 PM »
If you're aiming for max damage, no matter the difficulty, you can get 627 for 2 bars starting from midscreen. Also the SDM Orochinagi seems to do 5 more damage (and comes out faster) than the other SDM for the same amount of charge time.

jp d C, CD xx hcb B (whiff), D xx BC, D xx rdp BD, qcf B xx K, qcf AC, qcf A xx qcf A xx SDM (charge)

I could be wrong about the last part since I'm typing from memory.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:11:21 PM by Persona »

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2016, 06:58:17 PM »
cr.C to df+D has gotten really inconsistant too. What are the max combos people are using with him right now? My demo muscle memory on this character has gone to shit so I've been putting him. skipping the command normal seems to work, but are one of the other damage routes better?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2016, 06:46:57 AM »
I'm trying to find that too since we may need to redo some of the combos in his wiki. Now I just do cr. C, rdp+BD after max mode activation coming from cr. B, cr. A, df+D. From a jump-in attack, its basically impossible.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."