(!) = MAX OK

Throws
Death Blow – (close) ;bk/ ;fd + ;c
Backlash – (close) ;bk/ ;fd + ;d

Command Normals
Monstrosity – ;fd + ;a

Special Moves
Deicide –  ;hcf +  ;b/ ;d (*)
Gorefest – (close)  ;hcb, ;fd +  ;a/ ;c (*)
Splash –  ;dp + ;a/ ;c (*)
Mayhem –  ;qcb +  ;a/ ;c (*)
   ∟ Splash • Derivation [Mayhem]  ;qcf + ;a/ ;c

Super Special Moves
Negative Gain – (close) ;hcb ;hcb + ;b/ ;d (!)
Overkill – (in air) ;db ;qcf ;uf ;up ;dn (!)

Climax Super Special Move
Obscura –  ;hcf ;hcf +  ;a/ ;c
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 07:07:06 AM by Mr.Minionman »

Mr.Minionman

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Vice
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 10:15:12 PM »
http://youtu.be/Ul_SNHPHn9Y
This is weird, but at least it's reminiscent of older combos. Also I did work on the Vice wiki. Check it out:
http://www.dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vice_(XIV)

I just want to say, as far as combos go, I really really dislike climax cancelling Negative Gain. I liked the old neo max >_> Also I mourn the loss of  cr.B special cancel.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 08:19:07 PM »
I fixed a couple stuff like hcf D doesn't combo into qcb P in XIV.  I mourn the loss of d.B, d.C link they had even up to the Evo build but they took out now :(

Mr.Minionman

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 09:12:45 PM »
Hey thanks for the edits, There's always something :P And I miss the link too. And cl.D~D. Vice feels very... different in this game to say the least >_>

And I rolled back the hcf+D > qcb+C combo. I can see why you could miss it, but I have tested it. They just made the link stupid tight in this game for whatever reason

EDIT: also, If anyone can do that last combo feel free to add in the damage value. I know for a fact it works, but it has been giving me a really hard time.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:15:26 PM by Mr.Minionman »

Sheen

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 05:19:38 AM »
Hey, I was wondering if someone can confirm that the combo in the video still works. I can't seem to link the second EX Deicide after the cl.D and i was wondering if I'm just mistiming or the video was mislabeled and it was actually patched out in this version. Been at it for an hour now and nothing.

Also:
- The damage on the last combo is 710. I would edit myself but i'm not very familiar with how and i'm having a weird time logging in :/
- Gorefest sets up for a very easy safe jump. If midscreen, jump forward then (hyper)hop forward. If in the corner, you can do either neutral or forward jump as well as either neutral or forward hop.
-If it turns out that the combo in the video no longer works, i have a remedy that I will save for a different post that will include max mode combos once i sort them out.

Nereus

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 03:06:47 PM »
Anyone make a video on Vice's AA routes yet using MAX Mode Cancel?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 10:28:12 PM »
And I rolled back the hcf+D > qcb+C combo. I can see why you could miss it, but I have tested it. They just made the link stupid tight in this game for whatever reason

What?  It works?  I kept trying it out at WNF and I couldn't get it to work in a match lol.  I guess I should try it in training mode. :)

Anyone make a video on Vice's AA routes yet using MAX Mode Cancel?

What do you mean, like a tutorial? https://twitter.com/DC_Kane317/status/768961029162139648
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:31:07 PM by Kane317 »

Mr.Minionman

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 10:35:08 PM »
Yeah. I never get it in match though lol. I like gorefest ender better anyway lol.

@Sheen I'll add it in. Thanks for doing that. That damage is really disappointing though, considering its only 200 dmg more than what she get with 1. I'm just sticking with 1/2 bar combos.  You did get the level 2 super right? And yeah, Gorefest is great for safejumps and roll mixups both. I should put that in the wiki too.

@Nereus not yet. bet it's just
> cl.D f+A qcb+AC qcb+A~qcf+P
or
> cl.D f+A qcb+C qcf+P Overkill
90% of the time anyway though, lol
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:39:54 PM by Mr.Minionman »

MarshDTeach

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 07:21:12 AM »
How are you guys going about with pressure using her? I don't quite know how to keep going after the opponent has blocked a string (cr.b,cr.a or cr.b x2, cr.a). I'm close enough that if I try to hop again I'll get hit by whatever the opponent is pressing yet

Mr.Minionman

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 03:19:08 AM »
Vice's mix up is pretty honest, all things considered, so you need to have good fundamentals to open people up. Since this is your first post, I'm wondering have to you checked out the Incomplete guide or the rule of 2 vid? All the same rules apply for vice, and it can take awhile to get used to. tl;dr though, if you are trying to reapproach, keep this chart in mind:

The secret with Vice though is you focus first on punishing them for being in the air, after which your run up gorefest, splash, and the sleeve start working for you. And if you really want to keep pressure going, end combos with sleeve > gorefest instead of mayhem. The hard knockdown it gives is safe jump-able and you can try to open them up with whatever you like. And if you do get pushed out, Vice is strong mid-range too. Most of her normals have about the same reach to them sans jab, so get comfortable with their max ranges, then get used to the range where st.CD, sleeve, A version splash and hyper hop will work. those are essentially the ranges where you are most effective.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 08:46:39 AM »
Hey Minionman, does the safejump still work post patch?  Tried it against Iori and he keeps winning lol.

Mr.Minionman

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 08:41:03 PM »
It still works. maybe you are timing the hyper hop a hair late? Also speaking of which, I saw a new fun one: https://twitter.com/SpiidiOnNoita/status/775675847256764416

Doubt I'd use it because I like the guaranteed damage better, but Vice does have some decent max options. Not as crazy as Mature's, but still pretty good.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 10:07:45 PM »
I didn't know you could land an Overkill after resets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSPv8nJnbHI

It seems you can land one in any situation where you normally can't juggle, such as after a Gorefest.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 01:31:10 AM »
I didn't know you could land an Overkill after resets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSPv8nJnbHI

It seems you can land one in any situation where you normally can't juggle, such as after a Gorefest.

Yeah it's an Anywhere Juggle now.

Mr.Minionman

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 07:06:52 AM »
I've only landed it a few times so far. It's really satisfying to connect. I'm always buffering super in air-2-airs now, probably to a fault. (Not 13 ex sleeve combos though)