Author Topic: Clark Still (Arcade Version)  (Read 66608 times)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Clark Still
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2010, 01:06:34 AM »
From the videos i've seen more changes. If you are comparing XIII to XI or 2K2. Refer to my last post to see what changed.
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2010, 01:28:39 AM »

In terms of normals, I think only their jump B&Ds are different, I haven't really tested out their properties (speed, priority, recovery).

As for Ralf being better than Clark I've heard no such thing. I think they are just different (and if you're into preliminary tiers, then Clark's actually higher than Ralf).

it seems I worded that post wrong. What I meant to say was I've been told Clark is better than Ralf in every way.
Just wanted to get some insight. Also could anyone point me out to some good Clark vids (Nico included) as i doubt I've watched any kind of Clark play outside of the technical references.

krazykone123

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2010, 01:48:20 AM »
it seems I worded that post wrong. What I meant to say was I've been told Clark is better than Ralf in every way.
Just wanted to get some insight. Also could anyone point me out to some good Clark vids (Nico included) as i doubt I've watched any kind of Clark play outside of the technical references.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWVuJXkwHkg#t=1m30 Link renamed -Kane317

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 08:00:18 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2010, 08:07:16 AM »
Messed around with him some more, most of these are variations of the combos from the 1 page:
(I just noticed s.D, df.A does more damage than s.C [1hit], df.A)

Add 30dmg for s.D, df.A starter
-s.C [1hit], df.A, hcb x2+P DM/Ex DM (332 dmg/430 dmg)
-s.C [1hit], df.A, Ex Punch, hcf+K~qcf+P (341 dmg)
-s.C [1hit], df.A, Ex Punch, DM / Ex DM (440 dmg/520 dmg)
-s.C [1hit], df.A, Ex Punch [3hits], [DC] A Gatling Attack (c.b~f+A), A Gatling, j.D (349 dmg)
-d.C, Ex Gatling, A Gatling, j.D (315 dmg)

Notes: Sadly, s.C [1hit], df.A, Ex Punch, NM does not work.  His NM catches people of the air outside of combos but strangely I can't get it to connect after the A version Gatling (I can't be for sure, but think I only tried it after two A Gatlings, maybe it works after only one).  His shortcut for d.B, s.A, DM still works (d.B, hcb A, hcb P).  Yes his cool d.B --> hcf+K link still works (remember it's not canceled, it's linked) but it made redundant since you can do d.B, d.A/s.A, hcf+K again.

Clark is still cool as shit.

---
EDIT: Apparently the Mook says Clark can do:
-s.B --> s.C --> whatever...
-j.A, s.C [1hit], C Gatling [2hits], [DC] Ex Gatling~dp P
-(Corner) j.C, s.D, df.A, HD, s.D, C Gatling (2hits), [HDC] Vulcan Punch [3hits], [HDC] C Gatling, (Vulcan Punch [2hits], [HDC] C Gatling) x3, A Gatling, j.D (534 dmg)
-j.C, s.D, df.A, HD, s.D, df.A, Ex DM, [MC] hcb x2+BD NM (921 dmg)

---

Rather suprised about the  ;dn;b, ;df;a chain, that sounds pretty nice. Maybe I won't miss his old Stomping  ;fd;b command normal as much in this game!

My bad, I meant s.B, df.A :(

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 01:21:01 PM by Kane317 »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2010, 03:20:15 AM »
is s.B a low hitting move? if so Clark just got an Iori upgrade... and does jump C work as a solid jump-in? and does Clark have any cross-ups?

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2010, 02:52:34 AM »
is s.B a low hitting move? if so Clark just got an Iori upgrade...

Sadly, the s.B can be blocked high according to the mook. 

and does jump C work as a solid jump-in?

Jump C is still a good jump-in as is Jump A.

and does Clark have any cross-ups?

Skimming the mook it doesn't make mention of anything, and not that I've personally noticed--but then again he was never about crossups, it's block or no block, high or low.

---
More playing notes:
s.B, s.D on wake up works wonders since ppl tend to want to jump after a blocked normal (closeup) against him.  Another is d.B (blocked), df.A (not a real link) since they tend to jump.  You can cancel the df.A into Step (f+BD) for added pressure (makes me wonder if he can still do his s.A, as a juggle, air throw like in XII).

C Gatling can be followed up with A Gatling sometimes (I got it to work near the corner).  A Gatling follows up on Ex Gatling easily.  Seems like all of them are unsafe but C and Ex Gatling have great priority.  The BBS makes mention that do a d.B (blocked), if they so much as twitch do a Ex Gatling --> follow up.

Oh and:
A Gatling, A Gatling, j.D, Air throw works :) :) (Worked near the corner at least).

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2010, 05:25:19 AM »
WHAT!!! so you mean EX b~f.P, b~f.A, b~f.A, j.D, DLD (air throw) will work?? that's too good... O_o

imo Clark should still be able to AA with s.A > DLD...

Clark's hop C has the potential to become a cross-up... he could cross-up with jump C+D in XI so why not now...

and after you do f.B+D... do you have time to charge for b~f.A??? i wanted to see if this was possible...

anti-air d/f.A xx f.B+D, b~f.A, DLD (air throw)

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2010, 11:12:36 AM »
WHAT!!! so you mean EX b~f.P, b~f.A, b~f.A, j.D, DLD (air throw) will work?? that's too good... O_o

I couldn't get the jump D to connect afterwards.  Could be some height issue but I can't be sure (looked like it should hit).

imo Clark should still be able to AA with s.A > DLD...

Should, but unconfirmed for XIII.

Clark's hop C has the potential to become a cross-up... he could cross-up with jump C+D in XI so why not now...

Coz his jump CD is different from XI; it looks more like Ralf's now.  Even if it looked the exact same, the hitboxes have changed, especially after XII.  Now if it crossup'ed in XII then that would be a different matter.

and after you do f.B+D... do you have time to charge for b~f.A??? i wanted to see if this was possible...anti-air d/f.A xx f.B+D, b~f.A, DLD (air throw)

Naw, it's too fast.  I couldn't even do BC activation.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2010, 08:10:26 PM »
thanks for the quick reply Kane...

oh and i meant his jump C could possibly cross-up? not C+D...

and maybe at least this works? ---> anti-air d/f.A xx f.B+D, DLD (air throw)

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2011, 01:00:56 AM »
thanks for the quick reply Kane...

oh and i meant his jump C could possibly cross-up? not C+D...

and maybe at least this works? ---> anti-air d/f.A xx f.B+D, DLD (air throw)

I'll try to test that out.

EDIT2: Still need a confirmation on that but here's a tidbit from the Ralf thread:
Just wanted to make a small note about an observation: awhile back in one of these threads we were discussing the similarity of Clark and Ralf's normals and I said they were basically the same except the jump attacks.  They have a different s.CD and I noticed that some normals have different speeds than their counterpart (in this case, Ralf's).  Far C seems faster with Ralf but s.D is slower.  e.g. Clark can do s.D --> df.A but Ralf cannot.  Ralf can only do s.C --> df.A

---
UPDATE: Corner to corner combo:
Ex Gatling Attack (c.b~f+AC), Vulcan Punch (Press P rapidly) [2hits], [DC] (Gatling Attack A) x3.  Most likely could do two Weak Gatlings and do a j.D or air throw (or both!).

---
UPDATE2: (It's been awhile)
屈B>屈A>EXガト3HIT>バルカン2HIT>DC強ガト後半2HIT>弱ガト2HIT>弱ガト2HIT>JD
の14HITだと366ダメージ
--> d.B, d.A, Ex Gatling (c.b~f+AC) [3hits], Vulcan Punch (rapid P)[2hits], [DC] C Gatling [2nd half 2 hits], A Gatling [2hits], A Gatling [2hits], j.D --> 14hits 366 dmg

屈B>屈A>弱ガト2HIT>DCEXバルカン4HIT>強ガト3HIT>派生デスレイク投げ
--> (Corner?) d.B, d.A, A Gatling [2hits], [DC] Ex Vulcan [4hits], C Gatling [3hits], dp+P followup --> 12 hits 353 dmg

屈B>屈A>弱ガト2HIT>DCEXバルカン4HIT>強ガト3HIT>弱ガト2HIT>弱ガト2HIT>JD
--> (Corner?) d.B, d.A, A Gatling [2hits], [DC] Ex Vulcan [4hits], C Gatling [3hits], A Gatling [2hits], A Gatling [2hits], j.D --> 16hits for 370 dmg
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:42:02 PM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2011, 09:53:44 PM »
(I just noticed s.D, df.A does more damage than s.C [1hit], df.A)

thats actually quite normal, thats the same thing in any game (sf, kof, ff or any other normal 2d fighter). the  ;c gets its damage from bot hits hitting, so wioth both it should do the same, a lil less or even a lil more damage than a  ;d. but when the  ;c will only cancel after 1 hit than its quite normal for a close ;d to do more damage.

In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2011, 03:38:43 AM »
Tidbit: For some reason the NM only connects after the Ex version of the Gatling Punch.

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2011, 06:58:46 PM »
This is a stupid question, so im going to ask it anyway
Can Clark do his neomax standalone with out canceling or comboing into?

I ask because I've never seen someone do his neomax with a hd combo

and can anyone tell me if this work, I just want to know

Cr.  ;c, ;b ;c, cr.  ;c, ;bk-charge- ;fd  ;c, Ex ;a ;c(repeatedly) , ;bk-charge- ;fd ;c, Ex ;a ;c (repeatedly),
 (;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk x2)+( ;b ;d)

really aprreciate it
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 07:00:39 PM by Ashspiralingblood »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2011, 07:47:24 PM »
why wouldnt that be possible? seems like a legit combo to me.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2011, 08:09:42 PM »
Its just that im still waiting on the console release so I can try out that combo and many others