Author Topic: Clark Still (Arcade Version)  (Read 66657 times)

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
Re: Clark Still
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2011, 11:25:52 AM »
In this combo cl. D, df+A, EX Vulcan Punch, hcbx2+AC = 550
I don't know if the NM connects really or not, but after the ex vulcan punch the combo seems to stop but the NM hits with reduced damage.. like only 200+ and says 2 hit combo(only). Is the combo supposed to be like that?
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2011, 01:56:23 AM »
why is it that clark is still really incomplete im mean ralf has more combo options then cark. i know hes a grab character but he only have 2 grabs...... man i wanna use the ikari team

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2011, 02:50:50 AM »
While he is a bit more limited than many would want, the addition of Auto-guard SAB gives him a nice boost to his game.

His loops with gattling are pretty solid, and the deathlake drive is a strong, worthwhile follow up. People don't use his EX Vulcan punches much, but they lead to mid-screen mixup options that few other characters have access to.

The autoguard on SAB should lead to scaring people to roll on reversal, leading to possible on-wakeup mixups with his command hop and gattlings.

I still hope he gets a bit more on console release, sure, but I also look forward to getting to know the tools he has more. I mad much more fun with XII Clark than most would believe was possible, and I look forward to getting to know this one as well!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2011, 03:39:50 AM »
i will admit he is fun to use in XII (since he didnt have that many moves) but on the other hand i still think he should get and extra move or 2 so they can show how much clark and ralf are different i havnt seen that many people play with clark in XIII so i have no clue of what hes capable of....

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2011, 06:21:00 AM »
I have noticed that when Clark does his Max Cancel, he picks up his opponent from the ground. Is this something that can be done regularly or can it only be done from a Max Cancel?

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2011, 07:04:26 AM »
I have noticed that when Clark does his Max Cancel, he picks up his opponent from the ground. Is this something that can be done regularly or can it only be done from a Max Cancel?

It basically makes his Max Cancel into a REALLY awesome Flashing Elbow. It seems to take that same hit.

It'd be really cool if he could Drive/Super Cancel a Flashing elbow, heh. But no, there doesnt seem to be any other OTG available to Clark, that can take advantage of the OTG stun.

Unless something changes on console..

Violent Geese

• New Challenger
  • tu miedo es mi disfraz
    • View Profile
    • Violent Geese channel
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2011, 07:13:41 AM »
Thank you all guys for this post now my clark is better!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2011, 06:21:37 PM »

It basically makes his Max Cancel into a REALLY awesome Flashing Elbow. It seems to take that same hit.

It'd be really cool if he could Drive/Super Cancel a Flashing elbow, heh. But no, there doesnt seem to be any other OTG available to Clark, that can take advantage of the OTG stun.

Unless something changes on console..

Umm... I don't think you understood me. So I'll give you examples:

Let's say you ground an opponent using a d.D or a Super Argentina Backbreaker. Once they are on the ground, if you use your Neomax, will it land?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2011, 06:31:27 PM »
Umm... I don't think you understood me. So I'll give you examples:

Let's say you ground an opponent using a d.D or a Super Argentina Backbreaker. Once they are on the ground, if you use your Neomax, will it land?

No it will not connect.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
man if he was able to land somthing like that i would fear him everytime

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2011, 01:24:10 AM »
man if he was able to land somthing like that i would fear him everytime

That'd be too good, a 450dmg flash elbow lol. 

What he really needs beside the obvious Frankensteiner command throw, is a speed upgrade so that his jumps are not so floaty which, seemingly, have been addressed at the Evo build but I didn't have anything to really compare it with other than my foggy memory.  Clark's gameplay has always revolved around his mix ups but in v1.1 however, his jumps were a tad bit floaty.  It made it really challenging to keep the pressure on the opponent for mix ups so he had to rely on his Ex Gatling Attack to get in--which, albeit a damn good move, made it way too predictable (coming from a Clark player myself).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 01:30:06 AM by Kane317 »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2011, 01:41:48 AM »
Did atlus promised to make some gameplay changes to the evo build?

I thought that the game was a final build where people were trying the game and seeing it it had some stupid bug or the loading times

Waifu Material

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2011, 01:51:07 AM »
Did atlus promised to make some gameplay changes to the evo build?

I thought that the game was a final build where people were trying the game and seeing it it had some stupid bug or the loading times

No promises to make any changes.

Like you said, I'm sure if we found some game-breaking bug they would advise SNKP but who knows...

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2011, 02:02:16 AM »
Well, it's not that Clark was a combo char before...
i use him in XIII, and yeah he has his own limits but hell, i won't change him for anybody else  ;)

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2011, 02:24:08 AM »
One small buff I'd like to see for Clark is for his jCD to counter-wire (a la Daimon). So you could do something like jCD (counter) -> air throw.

Like I said, not a major buff. But it's easy to implement and would be cool.