Author Topic: Clark Still (Arcade Version)  (Read 66638 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: Clark Still
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2011, 02:30:21 AM »
Umm... I don't think you understood me. So I'll give you examples:

Let's say you ground an opponent using a d.D or a Super Argentina Backbreaker. Once they are on the ground, if you use your Neomax, will it land?

Well, you said "Max Cancel", which is only possible when canceling from a DM (or EXDM) into a Neomax. But I see what you were getting at, now.

The running tackle does seem to catch after the launch from Gattling attack, though, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote from: Rex Dart
One small buff I'd like to see for Clark is for his jCD to counter-wire (a la Daimon). So you could do something like jCD (counter) -> air throw.

Like I said, not a major buff. But it's easy to implement and would be cool.

Really wish they'd make a verstion of SAB DM have a running start, for that very purpose, though. But maybe that'd detract from the Neomax...

I used to love Air Counterhit -> Hop and Air Throw in XII. Was so fun to do :)  Could you use C / EX Gattling to land the uppercut -> DLD derived airthrow already, off a counterhit?

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2011, 05:13:50 AM »
i hope a another air throw to him cause his jump AB wont cut it for me (even though im a ralf player)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2011, 06:17:56 AM »
The running tackle does seem to catch after the launch from Gattling attack, though, if I'm not mistaken.

His NeoMax can be connected after his Ex Gattling attack, correct.

I used to love Air Counterhit -> Hop and Air Throw in XII. Was so fun to do :)  Could you use C / EX Gattling to land the uppercut -> DLD derived airthrow already, off a counterhit?

Possible in theory, but the Gattling Attack has a perculiar juggling window so it may not work.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2011, 03:12:16 AM »

do u mean while hes doing it or after the last hit. it do seems like u can cancel anything at any time
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:27:09 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2011, 12:10:47 AM »

do u mean while hes doing it or after the last hit. it do seems like u can cancel anything at any time

Just as regular juggle afterwards.

EDIT: Another are chance to see his juggle 3 A Gattling Attacks after the Ex Gattling, it's definitely height dependent: 2011-06-19 KOF XIII 新宿カーニバル大会動画-part3 (9m30s)

---

EDIT2: RobocopTwo over at ON has written up a basic Clark tutorial with supplemental videos: http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&p=66731#p66731

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2011, 08:26:38 AM »
wow no thats some good clark play but i couldnt help 2 notice compared 2 ralf clark almost got the short end of the stick i mean XIII is a more offensive type game and it seems like he can only use 2 moves but that clark didnt use the hop 2 keep up the pressure

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2011, 08:55:02 AM »
wow no thats some good clark play but i couldnt help 2 notice compared 2 ralf clark almost got the short end of the stick i mean XIII is a more offensive type game and it seems like he can only use 2 moves but that clark didnt use the hop 2 keep up the pressure

I know what you mean.  The main problem with Clark's hop is that it's real floaty for how big he is--if I'm not mistaken, this has been addressed in the console at least to my best judgement from memory.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2011, 08:21:20 PM »
i think he needs another move added on to him cause it seems like hes the only character who is really lacking but on the flip side his gattling attack seems safe on block and his jump CD comes out really fast. i hope we can see some frame data 4 this game

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2011, 11:32:58 PM »
i think he needs another move added on to him cause it seems like hes the only character who is really lacking but on the flip side his gattling attack seems safe on block and his jump CD comes out really fast. i hope we can see some frame data 4 this game

His gattling attacks are not safe. Both  ;a and  ;c version are terrible to do outside of combo. Only the EX version is good but that move is like minus a billion on block.
Undefeated online KOF player.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2011, 11:46:49 PM »
so that means his gattling attack is really only good 4 a anti air man thats sad...  :(

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2011, 03:05:18 AM »
I have to agree that Clark needs more stuff.
He only has 1 Super. He is also supposed to be a grappler but only has 1 special grab (the air one is not really a special attack...)!!!!
I hope he regains either Frankensteiner or Napalm Strecht in the near future. Or both.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2011, 03:02:36 PM »
For XIII ya maybe Clark needs more specials to make him better... But if you remember back in XI, Clark was a beast and the only specials he ever used were SAB and frankensteiner... Besides that, all he did the whole round was spam high priority normals... So increasing the priority for his normals might solve a lot of his current problems...

Imo good additions to him in console version would be...

- Reduced recovery on command hop (enough where if he does cr.C xx hop, he would at least be at +1)
- Frankensteiner (his home version hcf+B will only work as AA, not a mix-up)
- A reliable cross-up...
- SAB, EX SAB and UAB being 1 frame grabs...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:19:08 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2011, 04:18:48 AM »
- SAB, EX SAB and UAB being 1 frame grabs...

They already are 1 framers.  I really do like the idea of discussed here about a follow up after the Ex Flashing Elbow (~qcf+P follow up to his throws).  Maybe if it's the regular Flashing Elbow you'd have to [DC] it or something.

so that means his gattling attack is really only good 4 a anti air man thats sad...  :(

Like ChaREX (btw, is your avatar another trap ChaREX?) the Ex one is good as a starter due to it's invincibility.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:21:05 AM by Kane317 »

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2011, 06:26:38 AM »
Like ChaREX (btw, is your avatar another trap ChaREX?) the Ex one is good as a starter due to it's invincibility.

Name is Ryu Ji Hye. But I'll let you decide if the person is a trap or not.
Undefeated online KOF player.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2011, 07:02:23 AM »

[/quote]

i dont know thats a would be a good waste of a bar