Author Topic: Clark Still (Arcade Version)  (Read 66606 times)

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
Re: Clark Still
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2011, 10:12:08 AM »
c.LK x hcf.B/K :) no joke... old bnb from before one is enough to enter xD

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2011, 10:22:49 AM »
For whatever reason I can't do that. I can do it off of standing LK but not crouching.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 23, 2011, 10:50:19 AM »
For whatever reason I can't do that. I can do it off of standing LK but not crouching.

Just delay it a bit. The only way I can explain it is that stand normals into command throws feel like cancels while crouching normals into command throws feel like links. Not saying necessarily that's how they are, but that how I get the feel down for them.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 23, 2011, 11:30:20 AM »
That is weird. I could combo hit crouching normals into grab in KOF XI no problem.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2011, 12:18:41 PM »

Just delay it a bit. The only way I can explain it is that stand normals into command throws feel like cancels while crouching normals into command throws feel like links. Not saying necessarily that's how they are, but that how I get the feel down for them.

That's exactly what it is; d.B doesn't cancel so the hcf D is linked whereas you have to cancel the s.B into hcf D. 

d.B x2, s.A, Ex hcf+P...-->  is so fun.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 23, 2011, 10:55:03 PM »
That is weird. I could combo hit crouching normals into grab in KOF XI no problem.
in XI everything just works out... lol... that's why i love it...

getting my copy tomorrow... can't wait to try out Clark and pretty much EVERY character...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2011, 12:14:12 AM »
I'll keep trying guys. But overall I like him. He's pretty easy to pick up, and his EX grab is very similar to Alex's LP powerbomb in 3S (almost the exact same range too) so knowing me I'll probably be using it for tick options. I can Drive Cancel off his EX into Grab super, but not his EX Grab super for some reason.

Does his air grab beat a lot of shit? I would assume it would lose out to Dives (Mai, Yuri) and possibly air projectiles (King, and Yuri).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:17:55 AM by LouisCipher »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2011, 04:45:51 AM »
Update: I just got the crLKx2 into EX done. You guys were right, you have to delay the EX almost like you're doing a tick throw.

God I love this character.

Pretty much impossible to tick throw in this game though.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2011, 06:58:17 AM »
How are you liking the drive cancelling off of flashing elbow? :)

(I can't wait to use that like crazy)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2011, 11:50:12 AM »
I can pull it off most of the time. I find it harder to do it off of EX Garb super though. Still beastly.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2011, 04:11:02 PM »
I find it easy(er?) to EX SAB out of a standing A, which is easy to land out of a crouch B. I normally use crouch B -> Crouch A, personally, though.

Has anyone figured out how SNKP did the Gattling Attack HD combo yet? Vulcan is so instant, I haven't personally been able to use it to cancel.

I want to get used to using EX Vulcan punches more; Stylish combo option is fun:)

Oh, and people, it must be stressed, QUICKER HOP IS AWESOME! (I still wanna call it Clark STOMP, heh) Makes it very easy to him to punish backhops and recovery rolls with A hop -> B or D SAB / DM, and it allows him to cancel out of normals very well. Also, it hops his over low sweeps, with short enough recovery to land his grapple before they can counterattack. Backhop to avoid on-wakeup DPs, and hop right back in to punish with your own SAB.

Also, not that it's REALLY useful, but it should be noted that you can cancel Gattling attack into b SAB, and it'll still combo! You can also use the Hop as a Drive cancel move, but I can't find use for this yet (other than MAYBE cancelling SAB's for hop-under resets?) I WANT to cancel a Gattling into hop, and then land an Air throw, but that hasn't worked out yet.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2011, 11:50:33 PM »
I find it easy(er?) to EX SAB out of a standing A, which is easy to land out of a crouch B. I normally use crouch B -> Crouch A, personally, though.

Like I said earlier, d.B x2, s.A, hit confirms nicely into Ex SAB or Gatling Attack (A and Ex only?)

Has anyone figured out how SNKP did the Gattling Attack HD combo yet? Vulcan is so instant, I haven't personally been able to use it to cancel.

It's hard.  You have to cancel the Vulcan Punch before it even comes out.  Practice hitting the P button four times and "cancel" the the button immediately into C Gatling Attack.  Tip: start pushing the first P on the first hit of the C Gatling but your second C Gatling has to cancel the fourth P on the second hit so all you see is two C Gatlings.  Good luck.

Last night, The Answer called me and said Bala did it without canceling the Vulcan but I couldn't do it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 11:55:18 PM by Kane317 »

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 25, 2011, 12:26:24 AM »
It's hard.  You have to cancel the Vulcan Punch before it even comes out.  Practice hitting the P button four times and "cancel" the the button immediately into C Gatling Attack.  Tip: start pushing the first P on the first hit of the C Gatling but your second C Gatling has to cancel the fourth P on the second hit so all you see is two C Gatlings.  Good luck.

Last night, The Answer called me and said Bala did it without canceling the Vulcan but I couldn't do it.
I did that only once but i used A gatling into valcan with out cancel i find it hard to mash :(

im not sure of this but can u do SAB cancel ultra backbreaker or do u do flash elbow into backbrreaker

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 25, 2011, 03:20:02 AM »
It's hard.  You have to cancel the Vulcan Punch before it even comes out.  Practice hitting the P button four times and "cancel" the the button immediately into C Gatling Attack.  Tip: start pushing the first P on the first hit of the C Gatling but your second C Gatling has to cancel the fourth P on the second hit so all you see is two C Gatlings.  Good luck.

I did that only once but i used A gatling into valcan with out cancel i find it hard to mash :(

im not sure of this but can u do SAB cancel ultra backbreaker or do u do flash elbow into backbrreaker

Only the Ex Flash Elbow can be [SC] into UAB.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 25, 2011, 04:45:58 AM »
Anyone working on a video on what beats his B Sab? I think Takuma's EX Kick beats it because he's airborne while doing it, but K's flying kick won't beat it. I think anyway.

I'm no pro at KOF but Clark makes me feel beastly.