Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIV |OT| Violent Fighting Returns in 2016  (Read 39862 times)

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIV |OT| Violent Fighting Returns in 2016
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2016, 07:34:41 PM »
Patch notes:

http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.1.03_en.pdf

I guess nobody cares KOF XIV is getting an arcade port  :(

I care, it's just that I wasn't active here at DC at the time. Even though it would be a miracle if my country -Italy- saw a single KOFXIV cabinet installed xD An arcade version of this game means to me that SNK cares about it enough to do all they can to cater to the potential Japanese player base for this title.

I just hope SNK adds a manual region setting for your player profile in their next patch, because I only play on my Japanese account and I don't wanna hijack my KOFXIV online activity to my Italian account just to get my region displayed correctly -sometimes I search lobbies and I see room titles like "people from X country/continent only", which is absolutely understandable for the sake of an enjoyable room. SNK is no stranger to adding or modifying options in this game, so it looks like a reasonable change to me...unless I'm the only KOFXIV player in the world playing with a foreign PSN account xD

SNK at PSX? Guess it's to promote the KOFXIV World Championship and to announce a solid release date for the PS4 Garou port.
Ore no...kachi da!!

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2016, 03:30:48 PM »
Oh, so there's more to SNK's presence at PSX than I had guessed. While the additional visual effects won't save KOFXIV from being deemed as "ugly as shit" by the masses, I'm honestly happy SNK cares for their latest creation to the point they're tweaking its graphics months after its release. I'd love if character models looked the same as in pre-fight dialogues in actual matches, but I guess the team isn't experienced enough to achieve it and keep the game running at 60fps -characters looking better during dialogues may be just a wrong impression on my side, but there has to be some difference since dialogues move at 30fps.

Besides, I bet version 1.10 will bring more tweaks to the game engine and specific characters. Between the last stage of their rebranding and the perspective of more changes to KOFXIV, I couldn't be any happier than this as a SNK fan.
Ore no...kachi da!!

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2016, 03:21:02 PM »
The more 1.10 teasers get posted, the more I get impressed by how different -for the better- KOFXIV looks like.

Third teaser screen is out already. And I honestly find it more impressive than the Kyo and Sylvie ones.
Ore no...kachi da!!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2016, 11:32:03 AM »
Random KOF14 demo 2 impressions, copy/pasted from a post I've just written at MMCafe:

-the only things I don't like are that Kyo's face looks like he was Ukyo's present time reincarnation -that is, he has TBC- and Shun'ei's demonic hands aren't translucent anymore. Why I had never ranted about Kyo's face is a mystery to myself since we saw 1.10 screens of him countless times

-everything else went for the better. Character models have a nice Irem/KOF94 feel to them (to the extent 3D stuff can), and some specials/supers were made slightly flashier -Terry's HP Burn Knuckle leaves some energy sparks in its starting point and Kyo engulfs himself in flames while charging his EX Orochinagi, which is easily my favorite improvement.

-I didn't make a back to back comparison but I'm pretty sure the training stage got its color changed from that weird yellowish hue to a silver-like grey which I like a lot better. No changes in the other stages. 
Ore no...kachi da!!

Krusan

• Strongest Tiger
  • H!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2016, 10:25:05 PM »
It seems in the new demo, when selecting random, chars change after every match. It´s a tiny change, but one that makes playing story mode (yes, there´s people that sometimes play story mode) more fun, so I´m glad they did it.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2016, 04:12:31 PM »
At long last :D It's such a basic feature, and lots of players will be happy about it. I hope this means XIV roulette madness from players like Xiao Hai and MadKOF :D
Ore no...kachi da!!

Krusan

• Strongest Tiger
  • H!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2016, 04:25:25 PM »
I also like to select random when playing vs friends offline but, sadly, I have not many chances to do it, so I do it when playing vs cpu in story mode.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2017, 06:44:57 PM »
Sony is reviewing the bugfix for all the bugs found in the 1.10 update.

I don't wanna deny that all the mess caused by the latest update is a big hassle and updates may use some more thorough testing before they get submitted to Sony, but hats off to SNK for their commitment to fixing each issue as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:46:43 PM by Micky Kusanagi »
Ore no...kachi da!!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2017, 05:25:37 AM »
KOF XIV at EVO, boys!  :)

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2017, 08:20:20 PM »
That's great!! I would never hope SNK could push their newest game this way after their post-XIII years were so troubled.
Ore no...kachi da!!

Krusan

• Strongest Tiger
  • H!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2017, 04:51:57 PM »
Those silouttes for the DLC chars... Kasumi, Vanessa and Yamazaki?
Anyone knows if, as the stages, the chars will be free?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2017, 09:29:49 PM »
Those silouttes for the DLC chars... Kasumi, Vanessa and Yamazaki?
Anyone knows if, as the stages, the chars will be free?

No details on that yet. However, some people seem to think it's four silhouettes...

https://www.twitter.com/SNK_Lover/status/832903056362786818