Author Topic: Greetings All!  (Read 1441 times)

Ginorm

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Greetings All!
« on: August 23, 2016, 09:05:09 PM »
Hi everyone, my name is Ginorm, and I'm a KoF newbie.  So a little bit about me, I'll try to be brief but I'm old so...

Been a gamer since my first console, the original NES, and haven't looked back. As far as my fighting game history, I played a lot of SF II, MK I, II, and III, and the occasional SNK game Fatal Fury (yes the original) and Samurai Showdown in my early years. I abandoned the 2d fighter for the 3d fighter in my mid-late teen early 20's years mostly with the Soul Caliber series, then poof, no more fighters for me.  Mostly it was getting into other genres, aRPGs, MMOs, and FPS games. 

Then about 18-24 months ago, I was surfing around Twitch and ended up watching some USF4. I had been playing a lot of MOBAs, my first foray into competitive online gaming, and the appeal of getting into single one on one virtual combat peaked my interest. Also I never stop liking fighters just went off the radar. So began my reintroduction into the FGC.  Since then I've been studying the genre, understanding fundamentals, and generally have a ton of fun.

Which brings us to today. So I've basically been hitting up all the modern games SFV, MK XL, KI, Guilty Gear, etc to see what I like and then came the random announcement of KoF 14. I've been looking forward to this day since then. For me it's a throwback to playing SNK games back in my youth (can't believe I'm basically saying I had a youth, again indicating age) and getting my hands on characters I used to love playing back in the day. But it's also a more interesting game with different fundamentals (such as the 4 jumps) and as a person that finds it tough to nail down a main, playing 3 characters at once is right up my alley.

I'm hoping to be able to post a bunch, and talk about what it's like for someone new picking up this game, what I've learned, and when I'm not too green, putting out some knowledge. Also I occasionally stream and put out some videos. It's been very sporadic as I'm not looking to make a career out of it, but it's fun when I do get time to do it.  So if you are ever interested to see a newbie play you can find me at GinormGaming at both Twitch and YouTube. 

Think that's about it. Hope to see you all in game!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings All!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 10:10:07 PM »
Welcome to the community Ginorm. I'm glad KOF XIV was one of the modern games you were looking forward to, and I look forward to your posts about playing it; hopefully it will be as good as you hoped or better.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995