Climax Super Special Move
Grudge Dimension - ;hcb ;hcb + ;a ;c

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Verse
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 08:39:41 AM »
So the command move is an overhead if he hits you, and a low when he lands, and is actually special cancel-able. qcb+C is neutral on block and takes forever. His st.D travels half the screen. As does his st.CD. His j.CD however, goes nowhere. His st.C is special cancel-able, but his cl.C is an overhead that causes hard knockdown. His sweep travels shorter or further depending on if you hit df or db. his j.C has a crazy good crossup hit box. His meteor super hits high and makes firework noises. His command grab hits from half the screen away and makes radar noises. He's got sagat fireballs. He has a teleport. He yells VERSE all the time. His grabs are wrestling moves. He's apparently a "he" with some kind of consciousness. He's apparently a canon excuse to bring every dead character in the series back from the dead. He's definitely supposed to be a zoner, but he's also really slow and has no reversal. Someone please tell me what is going on with this character.

Ben Reed

• Mod Team
  • New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 12:56:18 PM »
His st.D also has high/mid guard point to offset how slow it is.

His j.CD seems fine on range for the kind of use it'll see (offensive jump-in, maybe it could air-to-air moves with huge hurtboxes).

Close C is risky, but you can convert it to a combo with his meteor super since it hits OTG.

Close D is actually plus on block, with a long activation range, so it's quite okay to leave this move raw on block if you don't get a combo off it.

j.C is definitely one of the best things about him, chunky-ass crossup. Further incentive IMO to bully people with his light attacks, all of which are pretty decent. He's not super-fast, but given his projectiles I didn't feel like he was prohibitively slow-moving.

The teleport is steerable by holding back/forward. Not throw/strike invulnerable on first frame, but eventually becomes fully invulnerable, punishable at the tail end of the animation (narrow window, need something meaty waiting for him). So there may be some merit to using it as an EXTRA-style dodge.

Both his throws are unbreakable, which is nice.

All his light attacks are really good IMO. Best light string is probably cr.B > cr.A > cr.B > st.A because st.A is cancellable, though confirming rdp+A may be awkward.

This guy is weird but seems pretty honest. IDK about anchor Verse but 1st/2nd Verse I can see confusing some people.

KingEire

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 07:32:58 PM »
It isn't listed in his movelist, but if you do 3D he does a slide into his sweep.

Zinron

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 11:42:31 PM »
Got another post comming up soon with combos and such but I wanted to respond to some of the things said first.

His st.D also has high/mid guard point to offset how slow it is.
It also becomes low invul very briefly when his foot leaves the ground, letting you go over lows and projectiles. Good luck doing it on command in a match though.

His j.CD seems fine on range for the kind of use it'll see (offensive jump-in, maybe it could air-to-air moves with huge hurtboxes).
I've been using j.CD to cover the air space with a large hitbox. A preemptive air-to-air I suppose. Air-to-ground it not so great as it tends to whiff alot on crouching.

Close D is actually plus on block, with a long activation range, so it's quite okay to leave this move raw on block if you don't get a combo off it.
I think its actually even on block. In this image here it seems to be even to me. As well when I try to jab on block I've been getting trades with 2 Verses (Versi? lol)

j.C is definitely one of the best things about him, chunky-ass crossup.
Been getting whiffs on a lot of characters crouching since Verse hits the ground before the hitbox connects with their head sadly.

Both his throws are unbreakable, which is nice.
You mean like untechable/hard knockdown?

This guy is weird but seems pretty honest. IDK about anchor Verse but 1st/2nd Verse I can see confusing some people.
Personally been rocking 2nd/3rd Verse mostly to have him stocked for easy super cancel conversions. Fireball whiff into super fireball for people jumping and tacking on damage with OTG super is the way to go so far.

Zinron

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 04:06:51 AM »
Some notes other than whats already been posted (note that the yellow/orange verse is the one using said moves in the screenshots):
  • cr.A is plus. I'm thinking +2?
  • cl.D seems to be +/- 0 on block
  • cl.A seems to be +/- 0 on block
  • For some reason point blank cr.D seems to be less negative than a db.D
  • f.B is NOT an overhead on the first hit, and a low on the second. Even on block
  • CD can go up to +1 on block at max range from my tests. Max range is slightly pass round start distance
  • QCB+C seems about +1 on block. Loses super free to roll cancels.
  • RDP+AC OTG's on the final hit
  • if ANY hit from RPD+A/C/AC hits by itself on a grounded opponent, it causes a crumple
  • st. D is airborne briefly when his foot leaves the ground. Can jump over lows and grounded fireballs
  • All supers have frame 1 invul and can be used as a reversal. Kick super runs out before the projectiles make contact in most cases
  • No other attacks have frame 1 invul for reversals
  • j.B and j.C can cross up. Both whiff on the smaller crouching hitbox.
  • j.CD is excellent for air-to-air. Mediocre as a jump in; whiffs on a number of characters crouching (Sylvie, Nako, Tung, etc)
  • You can tick into command grab from any of his light normals (that are cancelable)
  • QCF+A/C has a very large super cancel window so its easy to react and punish jumps by spending meter. Rolls not so much.
  • For the most part his advanced cancels are hard to use. When you cancel QCFx2 B into the other super or climax, the projectiles immediately disappear from the screen.

Now for the combos:

For the most part the combos work anywhere on the screen. When doing a st.C, f+B juggle, general rule of thumb is to use RDP+A (into QCFx2+B) ender mid screen, and QCB+A (into QCFx2+A) ender in the corner.

QCFx2 B (and BD version) an vary in damage due to the size of the character its hitting because of some of the projectiles whiffing

For the RDP+A(1) combos, you must delay the 2 cr.A's so that the first rdp+A only hits once and causes a crumple. Start point blank.

Meterless:

cr.B, cr.A, cr.A, st.A RDP+A [158]
cr.B, cr.A, cr.A, st.A, RDP+A(1), dash, st.C, f.B, RDP+A [275]
st.C, f.B, RPD+A [201]
st.C, f.B, QCB+A [230] *More damage, worse knockdown. Corner friendly. delay QCB+A to maximize hits.
cr.C, QCB+A [205] *drops at max range
HCB+K, st.C, f.B, RPD+A [190]
HCB+K, st.C, f.B, QCB+A [~218] *Corner Friendly

1 bar:

cr.B, cr.A, RDP+A, QCFx2+B [268] *adding extra hits makes the super miss some (or all) hits and results in less damage.
cr.B, cr.A, cr.A, st.A, RDP+A(1), dash, st.C, f.B, RDP+A, QCFx2+B [393]
cr.B, cr.A, cr.A, st.A, RDP+A(1), dash, st.C, f.B, QCB+A, QCFx2+A [382] *Corner variant.
st.C, f.B, RPD+A, QCFx2+B [359]
cr.C, QCB+A, QCFx2+D [355] *must cancel immediately after last hit of QCB+A. In corner use QCFx2+A.
cr.C, MAX, cr.C, HCB+BD, st.C, f.B, QCB+AC [383]
cl.D, MAX, cl.D(1), RDP+A(1), dash, st.C, f+B, QCB+AC [321]
HCB+K, st.C, f.B, QCB+A, QCFx2+P [~329]

KingEire

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 07:29:43 PM »

• For some reason point blank cr.D seems to be less negative than a db.D

Mrminionman informed me. 1D makes his sweep range shorter. While 3D makes him slide into his sweep. This could be why.

KingEire

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 05:07:04 PM »
"Both his throws are unbreakable, which is nice. "

This is completely wrong. Even so much that, his Forward throw and be broken HALFWAY through it. I found it last night, and then showed MrMinionman. It was on a ps4 that belonged to neither of us though. Or I would include the video.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 08:43:04 PM »
Verse's wiki page is ready for editing:

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Verse_(XIV)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 11:03:53 PM »

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 09:09:20 PM »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 01:23:10 AM »
Kof XIV Verse Combos by BrunoKOF
! No longer available
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 10:43:46 PM »
http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Verse_(XIV)
filled his page out. comments welcome.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 01:47:24 AM »
Frame Data: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2WAxkcvfTKddWhKbllMTVRGRG8

Edit: Corrections were made to the start-up of supers and climaxes.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 12:00:40 AM by Amedø310 »

Krusan

• Strongest Tiger
  • H!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2016, 01:48:33 PM »
Verse doesn´t talk too much...
Verse win quotes
English https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTcnoGF8S18
Spanish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymJkC98ATo4
...but says interesting things!