Author Topic: Character suggestion MATCHING-list for neo(geo)phytes!  (Read 1584 times)

MattHugh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Character suggestion MATCHING-list for neo(geo)phytes!
« on: April 14, 2017, 08:00:09 PM »
Certain players come from other game franchises,
others come from 'that one type of character' they always play from one game to another.

Please help in suggesting characters you see fit for whom(& add why if you have the time&it isn't that obvious)

my suggestion:
Cammy players might be familiar with Vanessa(covering field/ground quickly, chasing after&running away, high mobility)

Ken players might feel familiar with Robert(classic suggestion, i know but not only is he visually like Ken: stylish, 'kick based', a showoff & a shoto ~like :( more or less)

Choi for Rachid&El Fuerte...BB players?

Tekken players might enjoy Angel&Nelson, i have been told, and i never even wondered about them that way-mind blown-.

please suggest your ideas so we can compile a list of 'possibles' to link to those who are lost in front of 50+ characters they don't know. Who could Chang fit in with?

MattHugh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Character suggestion MATCHING-list for neo(geo)phytes!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 01:46:20 PM »
here is what guilty gear has.
i do vids, i m too lazy to cut & my laptop is too old to render
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl2PqSH4HKg

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 10:21:02 AM »
Ryo/Robert/Andy - Ryu/Shoto characters from Street Fighter

Maxima - Zangief

Meintenkun, Athena - Guile

Ramon, Muimui, Love Heart, Kensou - Chun-Li

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 01:01:44 AM »
King of Dinosaurs is a lot more like Zangief than Maxima in my opinion. Not only do some of the normals look similar, but the command grab animation is similar as well. Going just beyond looks though, I feel that the two are played in a very similar manner.

Blue Mary isn't in this game, but if she was, she would be the one for Cammy players. Almost all her specials are similar to Cammy's, except they usually have a grapple move to follow them up. The similarities are mostly just in looks though, they actually play very different from each other.

If you are a Dudley fan and have ever thought "this guy would be even better with tits," then you want to play Vanessa. Don't think I need to elaborate further on that one.