Author Topic: Rumor: New Samurai Shodown Game?  (Read 7263 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Rumor: New Samurai Shodown Game?
« on: July 11, 2011, 05:53:42 PM »
http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/2011/07/samurai-showdown-new-engine-new-franchise-is-snk-really-back-hhgs-71011/

I never heard of hip hop gamer show, but still is a rumor as random as hell from this page

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: Rumor: New Samurai Shodown Game?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 06:39:14 PM »
http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/2011/07/samurai-showdown-new-engine-new-franchise-is-snk-really-back-hhgs-71011/

I never heard of hip hop gamer show, but still is a rumor as random as hell from this page

I'm listening to this joint right now... I'm hoping that they truly come back, though... I chose SS2 over SF2, since there was so much more to that fighting system than just footsies and tick throws... I'm not too fond of making this seem like the "Power Stone meets Bushido Blade" concept, but I'll still support it though... I can't wait to hear more about this...

Shoutout to the Terry Crews look-a-like trying to explain Ken and Ryu... lol...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:40:54 PM by jinxhand »

Dark Geese

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 07:19:19 PM »

I'm listening to this joint right now... I'm hoping that they truly come back, though... I chose SS2 over SF2, since there was so much more to that fighting system than just footsies and tick throws... I'm not too fond of making this seem like the "Power Stone meets Bushido Blade" concept, but I'll still support it though... I can't wait to hear more about this...

Shoutout to the Terry Crews look-a-like trying to explain Ken and Ryu... lol...

I choose SS2 over SF2 also without question. Also I would certainly welcome a new  2D Sam Sho in HD...

Tokido I'm gonna hunt you down!!

If this is true now will be the perfect time to revive Samurai Showdown in Mexico!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:40:12 PM by Dark Geese »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »
SNK fans, always so gullible when it comes to rumors on websites nobody ever heard of.

I'd rather SNK revive Garou before Samurai Shodown. They fucked with Samurai Shodown enough as it is.

Dark Geese

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 09:19:20 PM »
SNK fans, always so gullible when it comes to rumors on websites nobody ever heard of.

I'd rather SNK revive Garou before Samurai Shodown. They fucked with Samurai Shodown enough as it is.

Not I says the fly, I'll believe it when I see it, but for me, again my mentality is this:

People ask me all the time "DG, Man you hear such and such game is coming out? Aren't you so excited?"

Not to sound like a pessimist, but I say NO..even if it's KOF13..

Why?

Because I see it like I can always get better at the older games, I am not GOD Incarnate yet (Ruler of all things, all planets, all galaxies) in the older games lol, so I always look at it like I can get better at those games to make the progression to the newer ones when they come out that much faster.

So it's more like pessimist optimism lol.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 11:37:23 PM »

Problem is that 1 week ago we heard a plausible rumour from a site that not only I had never heard of, but also, that isn't even related to videogames

Some hype isn't bad actually, more stupid rumours had came from more stupid places

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 01:00:54 AM »

I wouldn't call it being gullible... I'm always still iffy, especially thanks to Sega... That's why I specifically use the word "hop" not "hype"...

Some info is better than no info though... Even if it might not mean anything now or at all... We haven't heard anything about VF5FS, Vampire Savior, or even MoTW2... Hopefully this DOES lead to something.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 04:36:33 AM »
Well the new Panchinko game looks damn amazing. I kinda want an anime of Samurai Spirit now.

スロット【サムライスピリッツ鬼】演出動画

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 12:36:28 PM »
It does look pretty cool, to continue the discussion here, from the KoF XIII thread. Basara looks just as girly as Charlotte! Mina is fan-service! Chample is... there. Nakaruru gets to actually win a fight! (Better than female leads in many anime shows!)

SNK classic insert coin sound effects can be heard, and I also recognized a looping theme from Samurai Shodown Sen.

As much as I enjoy pixel spritework, it'd be cool to see these designes animated in a way similiar to BB, or maybe more aptly, Skullgirls.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 01:35:11 PM »
I kinda want an anime of Samurai Spirit now.

There is one. Two of them actually. The first one is stupid as hell, but the 2nd one is an OVA based on Samurai Shodown 64, and it's awesome.

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 03:01:51 PM »
Goddamn Pachinko joints
Looking so shiny and flashy.

Take up so much damn place in the neighborhood/area
plus its full of old dusty dudes that probably don't even care about the anime theyre watching in front of them
haha...
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1