Author Topic: The Neo Geo Station Topic list for PS3 owners. Post in this topic.  (Read 1823 times)

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Hello there, I've just got the neo geo station and have bought Samurai Shodown and KOF 94.  However there seems to be a lot of confusion on what needs to be done for some good games so lets start out with this.  Hopefully we'll find some good games and start to see some fun playable shit instead of the SNK shenanigans ruining an otherwise good time.

Network connection

Yes the network connection is still bad.  It's completely reliant on distance and being wired so to get the best possible performance please do this stuff FIRST

1.  Be wired.  Use a wired ethernet connection.  Wireless drops packets and even small packet loss can cause delays and hesitation and lag.  If you must use wireless read below.

2.  Properly set up your connection.  First thing to do is check your nat settings.  Are you running Nat type 1, 2, or 3?  If you're nat 3, you're essentially running shit in your network.  You got to at least get to Nat type 2.  Are you running nat type 2?  Are your ports properly forwarded?  If so then you should be good to go.  If you possibly can, aim for Nat 1 which is directly plugged into the modem OR doing a complete DMZ on your PS3.  This is NO ports being blocked which leaves NOTHING to be forwarded.  This is optimal for all online gaming and for hosting

Need help with your port forwarding?  Go here and look for your router http://portforward.com/

3.  Lists

Where are you from?  We all know SNK netcode is shit, but that doesn't mean we can't have good games.  I'd think of this like a regional setup or Kalleria.  So we need to start it by state and regional such as west, east, central, and so forth.  I'll start.

Name:  Senior_LULZ
Games:  King of Fighters 94, Samurai Shodown
State/Area:  California/West Coast

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Neo Geo Station Topic list for PS3 owners. Post in this topic.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 02:10:57 AM »
In the online section there's already a user lists topic for neo geo station

Waifu Material

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The Neo Geo Station Topic list for PS3 owners. Post in this topic.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 02:14:11 AM »
In the online section there's already a user lists topic for neo geo station

Yeah I saw it and posted this there.  i think the proper setup may help get even more playable online games.