Author Topic: New Soul Calibur upcoming  (Read 8250 times)

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: New Soul Calibur upcoming
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 07:07:54 PM »
Have they confirmed anyone besides the main character? I don't believe they have.

I wouldn't be surprised if Siegfried and Mitsurugi return. Kilik may as well. But Japanese pop culture is really averse to "old" (i.e. middle-aged) characters. Some of the young girls will probably return too, but middle-aged females are even more of a rarity than middle-aged men.

Ivy will almost certainly learn the secrets of immortality from Cervantes, or Zasalamel, or from Namco Plot Convenience Depot. And she'll be 30 years old forever. I don't think Namco would ever give up youthful Ivy, as her tits are worth their weight in gold.

Anyway, if even half the characters are new, I'll be quite amazed.

Main site is up, but none of the links work yet:

http://www.soulcalibur.com/

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Japanese site is up now. The rest will probably follow shortly.

EDIT2: The Guardian (of all places) has art of the new Siegfried. Looks pretty cool.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/may/11/soul-calibur-iv-namco
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 07:54:50 PM by Rex Dart »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 12:29:52 AM »
Soul Calibur facebook page has full artworks of Siegfried and Patroklos

https://www.facebook.com/SoulCalibur

Both looks good. I love new Siegfried. About Patroklos, doesn't look what I expect from Sophitia's son, I guess I was expecting something more greece style, but he looks cool. Let's see what this new character has.

I think Ivy and Sophitia could fit easily in a mature female character concept, but not sure about Taki or SeungMina, or XianHua... Anyway watching Siegfried, he doesn't look so much different, just a bit more mature.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 12:32:20 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 01:22:24 AM »
As long as they keep Mitsurugi and Taki, I'm good.

I am interested to see what new-blood designs would look like.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Dojo Destroyer

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 08:13:28 AM »
Long as they still have Xianghua, I'll be ready to throw down in SCV! And hopefully they'll keep all the other technical characters such as Taki, Talim, Maxi, and Setsuka as well. Only character I think they should bring back is Hwang. I would play him too.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 06:49:21 PM »
Real talk, the only reason I even got on SC3/3AE was for Li Long... With that new style and moves they gave him in SC3AE, he definitely needs to come back!!! I thought he was better than Maxi anyway...

GenesisDC

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2011, 08:59:34 AM »
If Mitsurugi comes back looking like Haohmaru in Samurai Shodown: Warrior's Rage, I'd lol.

No Raphael or legal Amy, no buy from me. I wouldn't even care how it played, just as long as they're in it.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 02:57:17 PM »
Daishi comfirmed Nightmare and Pyrrha (Sophitia's daughter, who looks like Cassandra).

They said too, in E3 they will reveal guest characters. The game will have around 25 characters, half new ones, half returning ones. Said on a live interview with Famitsu, I think. The vid where Harada and Daishi talk, and 10 sec of gameplay (around 1.53):

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14831475

Characters comfirmed so far: Siegfired, Nightmare, Patroklos and Pyrrha.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 04:44:32 PM »
A bit disappointed that this is sounding like only a half-hearted reboot. Especially with Nightmare's inclusion. Oh, well. I shouldn't expect too much from Namco. I just hope they don't also throw in Sophitia and Cassandra.

The wait for SCV is going to be brutal. Daishi loves teasing with tiny drops of info, like ten seconds of blurry gameplay footage that I've re-watched three times.

The irony is that it may still come out before KOF XIII.  :(

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2011, 05:15:58 PM »
ive never been a fan of sc, i liked the one on dc the most (part 2? and before that the psx one was decent as well). i couldnt stand sc4, but reading the their speeding up the gameplay and making combos even more accesible and faster reactions could make this one good again. who knows. 
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2011, 09:29:46 PM »
i wont buy this game if talim isn't in it