Author Topic: Calling all KOF fans! PSN KOF XII community revival!  (Read 67547 times)

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
  • I want GEESE in KOF XIII!
    • View Profile
Calling all KOF fans! PSN KOF XII community revival!
« on: December 26, 2010, 02:12:26 PM »
Come one, come all! Veterans, boosters, Robert/Kyo scrubs (lol) new players interested in KOF or just plain tired of the same matchups in Super Ryu Fighter IV. For the past two weeks, The New Wolves KOF XII clan has been frequently beating the crap outta each other online.

Yes, you heard me right ONLINE...KOF XII's online component is actually PLAYABLE now as long as your connection is wired, that is.

We've been seeing some random players lurking around and figured they're lookin to get down too. So, myself, FameDouglas aka HDR Fei Long legend, hdcloudstrife08 aka SSF IV Deadly Dudley and clan newcomer, AgentOrange82 are sending a beacon out to all of you have may have just picked the game up or had it for a while but no one will play it with you because you're too good offline (lol) and lookin for a change until XIII or MvC2 gets here!

We're always on PSN so send either of us a message at anytime if you wanna join the movement!

Come and play with the heavy hitters!

Long live SNK!

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Calling all KOF fans! PSN KOF XII community revival!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 06:19:46 PM »

Yes, you heard me right ONLINE...KOF XII's online component is actually PLAYABLE now as long as your connection is wired, that is.

It was never playable even after that little patch, why would it be playable now? LOL.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

krazykone123

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 07:01:52 PM »

People still play XII (online)? this dude insane in the membrane.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 07:29:34 PM »
Never heard of you.  And I've played most of the best players in KOF XII online to boot.  Are you west coast based?  If so, I'll take a stab at you.

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 10:41:10 PM »

People still play XII (online)? this dude insane in the membrane.
The real problem here bro is ur denial of kof greatness !!!!!!
Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!! Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 12:27:00 AM »

It was never playable even after that little patch, why would it be playable now? LOL.

I wouldn't post something like this if it wasn't. Then again, most  people I run into have fiber-optic internet like myself.

I sent several of the haters invites or messages to come and try it out but they were too busy playing Super Jab Fighter IV.

I never said the "netcode was stellar" or perfect at all. I said that it was PLAYABLE which is a far cry from what it was around this time last year! We get connections on an average of 2 yellow and sometimes 3 green or blue or whatever. Plays just fine with the occasional hiccup when someone hits the Home button to get to the XMB or when someone is joining or leaving.

From "slide-show" to PLAYABLE is an improvement and there are a few players in our lobby right now so I'ma get back to it!

Deuces!

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 12:54:15 AM »
This isn't going to happen.  I have XII and I don't hate it.  I think it's alright but really?  KOF XII?  Nah son.  I think a lot of people got rid of their copy of XII too.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 12:58:42 AM by TYRANNICAL »
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 12:57:44 AM »
Not gonna happen for ya? That's fine, too.

Funny how "dedicated SNK fans" are so supportive of their games and community...

...back to smashing Kyo noobs!

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 01:04:11 AM »
Not gonna happen for ya? That's fine, too.

Funny how "dedicated SNK fans" are so supportive of their games and community...

...back to smashing Kyo noobs!
You can't just expect people to up and support any KOF title that drops.  You got Tekken fans that refuse to play Tekken 6.  SF fans that hate SFIV.  Catch my drift?  You expect people to go out and buy XII? Again?

If you want players to support a game it has to be a game they can believe in.  Like 98UM or 02UM or XIII.  XII isn't that game.  It left a sour taste in a lot of peoples mouth.  You wanna put people down for not being supportive?  Really?  So if someone comes up in here and says "support KOF 01", anyone who is a KOF fan should be all "HELLZ YEAH"?  Fans are obligated to support every game released now?  You play every KOF game I assume?  Being all "dedicated" and "supportive" as you are.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 01:14:18 AM »
I don't recall sayin people should go out and buy anything but only if they happened to have it already or recently picked it up on a whim, that there are a few people that play it regularly.

I do have every KOF on Sega Saturn (imports), PS2, PSP, DC (imports) btw among other SNK games/series.

As far as KOF goes, not gonna be a blind fanboy and they were all GOTY. 94, 96, 99, 01 and 03 were my least favorite KOF games but I played them because I knew they were takin the series in a different direction (besides recycled sprites).

I lost a match against hdcloudstrife08 so I had time to write this. lol

If we see you online, great. If not...great!

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 01:14:45 AM »
What are your PSN IDs? I'm always down for some XII.

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 01:55:57 AM »
FameDouglas, hdcloudstrife08, AgentOrange82, XxGrindCorexXm, n_n_choopers

just to name a few

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 02:20:21 AM »

I never said the "netcode was stellar" or perfect at all. I said that it was PLAYABLE which is a far cry from what it was around this time last year! We get connections on an average of 2 yellow and sometimes 3 green or blue or whatever. Plays just fine with the occasional hiccup when someone hits the Home button to get to the XMB or when someone is joining or leaving.

Dude, KOFXII netcode is NOT PLAYABLE by any means. GGPO netcode is not perfect or stellar but it is extremely playable.

I even tried it again this morning and it is still atrocious.

Go ahead and keep playing though....

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 02:23:51 AM »
Sure will...Senior_LULZ has a red bar and lag is not an issue! He's just good! lol

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 02:28:43 AM »
........O_o

Lag is an issue when there is damn near 10+ frames of input lag...

Plus, when I went on this morning, were was you? I'm willing to play you and show you how bad the online STILL is.