Author Topic: Calling all KOF fans! PSN KOF XII community revival!  (Read 67530 times)

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all KOF fans! PSN KOF XII community revival!
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2010, 08:53:24 AM »
I would actually play XII if the netcode was good enough.  I enjoyed the game.  It has a couple things I'm not that fond of but it's not that bad.    I run Kyo/Iori and switch between Ralf/Ryo/Ash/Robert.  Haven't been practicing things like counter hit combos and CC combos because no comp so.... no "need" to try to step up.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2010, 09:27:04 AM »
I would actually play XII if the netcode was good enough.  I enjoyed the game.  It has a couple things I'm not that fond of but it's not that bad.    I run Kyo/Iori and switch between Ralf/Ryo/Ash/Robert.  Haven't been practicing things like counter hit combos and CC combos because no comp so.... no "need" to try to step up.
well get on i got plenty of good players on it
Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!! Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!

keobas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2010, 09:06:45 PM »
Wow I was just about to get KOFXII but thought no one play this game.

To be honest though this game lacks game modes and netplay is unreliable, but to call KOF XII unplayable is just plain ludicrous. (if talking about from gameplay POV)

It astound me how negative rep KOFXII receive for its design which isn't all flaw, if any thing the only thing I truly hated were the damage output from CC and how some character where pretty much clones of another. (oh wait SSF4 is full of those & people love that game)

I must admit I'm not a KOF fan but KOFXII is a decent game with decent concept that could have been polish more in the future game. But developer choose not too. Cant say I blame them for their market decision for KOFXIII.

But I'll honestly say I would play this than KOFXIII. Which I find is let down to the new reboot that claim to make. KOFXIII is just like every other kof game with visual polish and system that yet again only cater to aggressive play. ( i think kofXII fix that)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 12:40:21 AM by keobas »

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2010, 09:55:50 PM »
Wow I was just about to get KOFXII but thought no one play this game.

To be honest though this game lacks game modes and netplay is unreliable, but to call KOF XII unplayable is just plan ludicrous. (if talking about from gameplay POV)

It astound me how negative rep KOFXII receive for its design which isn't all flaw, if any thing the only thing I truly hated were the damage output from CC and how some character where pretty much clones of another. (oh wait SSF4 is full of those & people love that game)

I must admit I'm not a KOF fan but KOFXII is a decent game with decent concept that could have been poolish more in the future game. But developer choose not too. I cant say blame them for their market decision for KOFXII.

But I honestly say I would play this than KOFXIII. Which I find is let down to the new reboot that claim to make. KOFXIII is just like every other kof game with visual polish and system that yet again only cater to aggressive play. ( i think kofXI fix that)
lol in a way ur right but i dont think kof clones characters tho everyone is pretty much unique & kof 12 .....people slept on it we will b posting matches soon aggressive old school fighting at is best Cheers!!!!!!!

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
  • I want GEESE in KOF XIII!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2010, 09:57:58 PM »
That's part of what makes KOF so great. No room for long and boring turtle matches. Fast pace, in your face matches that are way more entertaining to watch...and play no doubt. Every character can kick every characters' ass as Senior_LULZ demonstrated last night. No broke characters, not even Athena's infinite which is situational and unlikely to happen against a good player.

KOF is reason for the evolution of the 2D fighter.

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2010, 10:08:10 PM »
That's part of what makes KOF so great. No room for long and boring turtle matches. Fast pace, in your face matches that are way more entertaining to watch...and play no doubt. Every character can kick every characters' ass as Senior_LULZ demonstrated last night. No broke characters, not even Athena's infinite which is situational and unlikely to happen against a good player.

Btw 13 is all u would expect kof to be this is kof's answer to ssf4 which is getting ridiculously old real fast (sigh) ryu.........

keobas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2010, 10:36:04 PM »

Well i don't know about turtling but defensive play is way too difficult for me in KOF later titles, and KOFXIII  and rush down is far to forgiving which in combination makes KOF the game it is.KOF12 still has the same experience but makes tweaks in the system that I feel keeps the game fresh from degenerate play style and match ups.
 anyways my psn name is keobas if any interest. I'm in the south east region. ( i prefer 1 vs 1 but I'll play some 3 vs 3)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 12:38:55 AM by keobas »

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2010, 01:17:09 AM »
We are LIVE once again! Player match search, hdcloud.

krazykone123

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2010, 05:35:55 AM »
KOFXIII is just like every other kof game with visual polish and system that yet again only cater to aggressive play. ( i think kofXII fix that)

It's hard to take your opinion seriously when you sound so cynical.

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2010, 08:37:43 AM »
ggs to hdcloudstrife08, nothin89 (gotta get them SF habits up out you! lol) and Senior_LULZ takin to the house again tonight.

Also from from earlier ggs AgentOrange82.

I wonder how would the SPORTS Team be if they were revamped for XIII?! lol

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2010, 08:45:13 AM »
ggs to hdcloudstrife08, nothin89 (gotta get them SF habits up out you! lol) and Senior_LULZ takin to the house again tonight.

Also from from earlier ggs AgentOrange82.

I wonder how would the SPORTS Team be if they were revamped for XIII?! lol
no MJ's man they 2 effin good lol

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2010, 08:48:46 AM »
Brian Battler would be able to juggle you for days in the corner with that Spinning Air Tackle then land and do a SUPER Tackle! lol

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2010, 08:50:47 AM »
Haaaaaaa E HONDA style

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2010, 05:11:45 PM »
Hell I'll paly with you guys, BD_THE_ANSWER
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2010, 05:25:12 PM »
Right on! I think hdcloudstrife08 is hosting one at the moment. My PS3 is tied up at the moment with a mother and her 7 year old playing Fat Princess. lol

Just a "disclaimer" - not saying there's no lag but only that it's playable compared to what it was...

Oh...and don't go to the XMB in the middle of a match as a spectator and especially while in a match. Ignore all XMB messages until after the match has ended and we're back in the pre-fight lobby.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 05:30:48 PM by FameDouglas »