Author Topic: KOF 2002UM - Takuma Sakazaki  (Read 12238 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
KOF 2002UM - Takuma Sakazaki
« on: December 27, 2010, 09:31:17 PM »
Throws:
Oosotogari - close, ;bk / ;fd + ;c
Nage Ippon seoi - close, ;bk / ;fd + ;d

Command Moves:
Kawara Wari - ;fd + ;b

Special Moves:
Or Ken Ko - ;qcf + ;a / ;c
Hien Shippukyaku - ;hcb + ;b / ;d
Mouko Shikouken - ;qcb + ;a / ;c
Haohshoukoken - ;fd, ;hcf + ;a / ;c
San Ikusa No Kate -  ;dn ;dn + ;a / ;c

Desperation Moves:
Ryuuko Ranbu - ;qcf, ;hcb + ;a / ;c
Shin Kishin Geki - close, ;qcf x 2 + ;a / ;c

Super Desperation Moves:
Ryuuko Ranbu - ;qcf, ;hcb + ;a + ;c

HSDM:
Kosatsu Jin - ;bk, ;fd, ;dn, ;df + ;a + ;c
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:11:23 PM by desmond_kof »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: KOF 2002UM - Takuma Sakazaki
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 04:15:55 PM »
I've been wondering, that is Takuma's Haohshoukoken useful. What I've experimented it in normal 2002, it has damn short range and it comes out slowly, but on the other hand it knocks opponent far away.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 03:28:45 AM »
I've never seen anyone used it. In my opinion, the move seems too situational and impractical.  Although, it does wall bounce on counter hit in UM.

Dark Geese

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 03:25:37 AM »
I've never seen anyone used it. In my opinion, the move seems too situational and impractical.  Although, it does wall bounce on counter hit in UM.

You can use it..just to throw people off after a hcb+k in the corner, if you time it right they will wake up you time it right it guardcrushes and then you can do another combo.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 09:21:23 PM »
I think rushing while in BC mode with that can help also... I haven't tried it just yet, but seeing that it breaks one's guard on block, and you should be able to cancel that out into something else in BC mode, perhaps something crazy could come out of this... Sure, it might be a waste of a meter, but he seems to be able to build it right back in a moderate speed...

Yeah, I'm gonna be practicing with him later today...

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 11:33:40 PM »

You can use it..just to throw people off after a hcb+k in the corner, if you time it right they will wake up you time it right it guardcrushes and then you can do another combo.

I take back what i said. I just tried that setup out and I'm amazed. As for the BC mode, both Strong Or Ken Ko and Haohshoukoken guardcrush and be cancel into other moves.

Dark Geese

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 01:10:36 AM »
I've never seen anyone used it. In my opinion, the move seems too situational and impractical.  Although, it does wall bounce on counter hit in UM.

I take back what i said. I just tried that setup out and I'm amazed. As for the BC mode, both Strong Or Ken Ko and Haohshoukoken guardcrush and be cancel into other moves.

You should see some of my older Geese Tower matches vs. MightyMar, take a look at some of them it has me using Takuma and you will see his is rather potent in this game, even you will see me using the stuff you mentioned already.

In Manual BC Mode he has unblockable to Combo Super mixups that are good to use and his counter itself  (down,down,+p) you can cancel into his grab super. If you want I will post some videos of me playing with Takuma vs. MightyMar...

I'll also be using like everyone and their grandmama this weekend (so I won't get bored lol) so I will record those and let you see me use Takuma.

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=236.0

There you go between those videos alone I guarantee there are some of me using Takuma..
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 01:19:34 AM by Dark Geese »

Dark Geese

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 05:20:36 PM »
The same video showing Vanessa stuff shows Takuma being played, now I didn't have enough matches to show enough with Takuma because where I was not too many played it and other things were going on...but here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mQyMrFIpOQ

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 07:07:46 PM »
 lol ..i were torture my friend by blocked cd or d+D into qcf+c into DM he call him the old f@#$% warlock . ;) ut too bad his (projectile like  ) moves can be countered by kasumi and yamazaki ...etc
what is his bad match ups and how to deal with it ..?? i some time have a problem with projectile characters
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:36:38 PM by MAASKYO »

Dark Geese

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 09:23:21 PM »
lol ..i were torture my friend by blocked cd or d+D into qcf+c into DM he call him the old f@#$% warlock . ;) ut too bad his (projectile like  ) moves can be countered by kasumi and yamazaki ...etc
what is his bad match ups and how to deal with it ..?? i some time have a problem with projectile characters

He doesnt have many bad matchups..I'd say one is Angel..

But anyone in the top tier (Geese, Kasumi, Nameless, KING) he can go head to toe with, thus in the Mexican Tier List he fluctuates between A+ Class and S-.

But if anyone wonders how to nullify King....Takuma is your man..

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 10:14:55 PM »

Please elaborate on that one for me...

Dark Geese

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 04:06:22 AM »

Please elaborate on that one for me...

King's bread and butter game revolves around the following:

If you jump tornado kick
-Venom strike and Double Strike Zoning
-Command Grab mixup.
-Jump CD
-Cr. C anti air and Far St. C poke

Takuma can take away at least 3 of those four options if played correctly.

His down, down+p special absorbs (does no damage to your health but depletes guard meter) venom strike, command grab, and double strike. His jump CD also comes out faster than Kings jump CD.

King must play runaway in order to defeat regular Takuma because she does not want to really try to get in close and do her typical command grab to attack mixup/.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 06:25:53 AM by Dark Geese »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »
I was thinking about his counter, too, but I thought it was something more to it than that... I'm glad I'm on the right track though... :thumbsup:

Yeah she's somewhat "basic" in that sense, so she would have to come up with some fancy runaway to a possible bait (this is literally her strat in CvS2 also, down to the last standing ;c )... I did notice Takuma's ;fd ;c ;d coming out faster, even though the hitbox is slightly higher than his ;uf ;d which isn't bad.

What are Takuma's options from a successful parry with ;dn ;dn ;a ;c ??? And are his options character/distance dependant???

Dark Geese

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 01:24:14 AM »
I was thinking about his counter, too, but I thought it was something more to it than that... I'm glad I'm on the right track though... :thumbsup:

Yeah she's somewhat "basic" in that sense, so she would have to come up with some fancy runaway to a possible bait (this is literally her strat in CvS2 also, down to the last standing ;c )... I did notice Takuma's ;fd ;c ;d coming out faster, even though the hitbox is slightly higher than his ;uf ;d which isn't bad.

What are Takuma's options from a successful parry with ;dn ;dn ;a ;c ??? And are his options character/distance dependant???

Takuma can do anything basically after a successful parry..so that means throw, grab super (best option on the ground) attack into combo, regular throw, basically you name it he can do it.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 02:11:33 AM »

Takuma can do anything basically after a successful parry..

He can withstand an incoming train, bullets, etc. Takuma is SuperDAD!
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."