Author Topic: The KOF/SNK podcast thread  (Read 14453 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
The KOF/SNK podcast thread
« on: December 31, 2010, 01:54:34 AM »
Osirun of The Power Up Podcast have been interviewing KOF players lately, big props him for giving us a voice to be heard amongst the fighting game community here! Hopefully these interviews will inspire players to play the games more and take them seriously.

(this thread will be updated constantly when more KOF centered podcasts are released)

Discussions about topics, opinions and points made can be placed and built upon here: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.0

Digimonemperor/Webster
http://www.powerupfighters.com/2010/11/powerup-episode-40-webster/

Syxx
http://www.powerupfighters.com/2010/11/powerup-episode-41-syxx-with-a-kofsnk-introduction/

Desmond Delaghetto
http://www.powerupfighters.com/2010/12/powerup-episode-44-desmond-delaghetto-on-kof/

Nilcam
http://www.powerupfighters.com/2010/12/powerup-episode-46-nilcam-talks-dream-cancel/

DeadlyRave-Neo
http://www.powerupfighters.com/2010/12/powerup-episode-47-deadlyraveneo-on-kofsnk-and-more/

Dark Geese
http://www.powerupfighters.com/2011/01/powerup-episode-49-dark-geese-on-raging-storm-and-kof/

-----

Neo Empire Podcast: Where The Hell Is KOFXIII? http://www.neoempire.com/?p=7915

Orochinagi: The On Show - Episode 1:
Kane 317
http://orochinagi.com/2011/04/the-on-show-podcast-01
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:15:20 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
Re: The KOF/SNK podcast thread
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 03:18:37 AM »
Thanks for starting to post them all up as they come. Very interesting speech's.

krazykone123

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 07:29:21 AM »
Sticky'd, for the good of the people.

Hope to hear some more interviews soon.

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 07:45:50 AM »
I listened to the nilcam one. Enjoyable and interesting
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:11:32 AM by Dark Chaotix »

Dark Geese

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 11:44:57 PM »
I'm scheduled to be on this particular week...

DeadlyRave-Neo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 03:25:39 AM »
thanks for putting this up.
friends dont let friends use bosses

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 04:09:17 PM »
@Dark Geese

when will they upload your interview?

Dark Geese

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 02:05:13 AM »
@Dark Geese

when will they upload your interview?

I do not know, I believe it will be next though...as I checked the last time of the interview recently uploaded and mine is a few days after that one I think.

I also like the sig!!!!!!

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 01:33:11 PM »
He he Looking forward to hear it.Also i hope to finish soon an article on pointers and guide for beginners or new to kof.

Dark Geese

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 02:07:56 PM »
He he Looking forward to hear it.Also i hope to finish soon an article on pointers and guide for beginners or new to kof.

Gotcha. I like the sig because people misconstrue high standards and not settling for anything less for being arrogant and they are not the same thing. Arrogance is more like talking BS, saying you can do things that you do not have the ability to do.

Confidence is saying things that you do have the ability to do AND THEN DOING IT!

Having high standards means not settling for anything less than a certain criteria (I.E. for me a certain level of play in regards to getting better).

There are always gonna be people that are going to get all of this confused, but it just means they do not understand the true meaning of everything!

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 04:43:07 PM »
Very nice, i couldn't have said it better.There is a thin line between arrogance and having high standards.The only thing that makes the difference is the character + things you have done and esspecially the things you are doing now.Never get drunk from compliments, be open minded and always have something to prove in everything you do ;)

Dark Geese

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
Very nice, i couldn't have said it better.There is a thin line between arrogance and having high standards.The only thing that makes the difference is the character + things you have done and esspecially the things you are doing now.Never get drunk from compliments, be open minded and always have something to prove in everything you do ;)

Exactly and people miscontrue because someone may be a good/top player in their area means that they are arrogant. Sometimes people even due to hate of a particular person/envy look for reasons to call such a person arrogant, so there are many factors into play here.

I agree, people begin to get arrogant when they do not have a way to keep themselves humble, and just listen to the compliments people give them.

In the situations of KOF play, I make sure to keep myself humble in Mexico by playing very very strong opponents all the time. But at the same time I get spoiled by that level of play so I come back here and I have high standards in regards to what I want to see in order to travel to tournaments!

Plus having a chip on your shoulder as you put it is a great asset, that is something I always do in tournaments, and if you notice that is a quality of other greats in other sports as well (Michael Jordan, Tom Brady, WR Steve Smith), they always play with a chip on their shoulder in tournaments, they always remember any and everything every hater/doubter has said about them even since the beginning even though these people may have come to realize they were wrong.

Bottom line is you have to keep yourself grounded/humble AND motivated, those are the keys to not becoming cocky, quitting the things that got you where you are in the first place and becoming complacent (see the Lakers hahaha).

Hence again I say to people that they have to travel, and staying in their country is NOT enough! You have to leave your COMFORT ZONE,  this way you keep things fresh, exciting, you keep yourself motivated, and this stops you from becoming complacent and sipping on your own koolaid so to speak!!!

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 05:37:12 PM by Dark Geese »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 05:54:50 PM »
I don't see having a chip on one's shoulder as something helpful... Infact, most times it can hinder and make someone lose focus because they have such a grudge against this person or that person that they overwork themselves, instead of just being focus (which can be done with or without the grudge). One can be determined to prove people wrong about their skill level or winning a tourney (or placing high), but that doesn't have to involve grudges of any kind... And in some cases, having a chip on one's shoulder could lead to cockiness which could also result in laxation depending on the person (Michael Jordan was so cocky at one point in his career he didn't think he could get crossed up by Allen Iverson, but did -- and very badly)...

I agree with the need to travel, but why "construct skyscrapers in other countries when there's not even a hut in our own"??? What I mean is that the general consensus from what I read and hear is that when it comes to skill level and KoF in the states, we're weak overall (like you won't see us crushing dudes in Japan or Hong Kong, etc. in high level tourneys). If you're in the states, and you've got a console with KoF and some sticks (or pads) and there's someone with at least an inkling of KoF knowledge that's near other cats that are interested in the game, why not start building there??? It might take some time, but all things take time to grow (babies, level of knowledge, annuity accounts, etc). You can't expect to hop in a dojo and come out a black belt in a week. Even with high standards, a sifu will still take time to train up even the most difficult students, albeit in a strict manner, but there's still training done... Once that time and care has been put into the scene to where they're competitive, then traveling to tourneys would be cool. I mean even while the scene is being built, traveling would be good for the sheer fact that you can see how other cats play, and you can see what character is strong in that particular region - the learning experience would be beneficial... Leaving a comfort zone can be as simple as hooking up with a cat across the street to play KoF instead of on xbl/psn...

DeadlyRave-Neo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 08:58:49 PM »
?
friends dont let friends use bosses

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile