Author Topic: San Diego CA  (Read 113083 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: San Diego CA
« Reply #270 on: May 07, 2012, 04:06:25 AM »
Sooo--- I went to take my son to CO to get a comic book that he wanted, and when we get there, lo and behold, the place was barren... When I say barren I mean the joint was cleaned out a big ole sign was posted that read "Sorry for teh inconvenience, we gone!!!"... Yeah, it was spelled just like that, and I think the sign is still there...

I dunno what the whole deal is with the place, if they're relocating or just straight up closed down or what... It sucks I will say that... I was supposed to play Hanafuda this Monday, too...

So what does that mean for us??? We gotta find another place to battle... Right now, there are only 3 places I can think of at the moment: TTF, JJ's place (he hosts KOF and SCV), and Frubble... What say you?!?!?

DaBakerMann

• New Challenger
  • Shake N Bake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 07, 2012, 06:47:53 AM »
Sooo--- I went to take my son to CO to get a comic book that he wanted, and when we get there, lo and behold, the place was barren... When I say barren I mean the joint was cleaned out a big ole sign was posted that read "Sorry for teh inconvenience, we gone!!!"... Yeah, it was spelled just like that, and I think the sign is still there...

I dunno what the whole deal is with the place, if they're relocating or just straight up closed down or what... It sucks I will say that... I was supposed to play Hanafuda this Monday, too...

So what does that mean for us??? We gotta find another place to battle... Right now, there are only 3 places I can think of at the moment: TTF, JJ's place (he hosts KOF and SCV), and Frubble... What say you?!?!?

Damn really? I was really liking going on mondays at CO. Well i will be at frubble on tuesday to play KOF if anybody is down. It'd be awesome if we garnered enough interest for the game to do something similar to what dustloop does on fridays and get our own day.
XBL: DaBakerMann hit me up on KOF XIII,SSFIV or UMVC3

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 07, 2012, 07:37:05 AM »
Whoa whoa what? I thought you knew the owner or something Jinx, did he not say anything about this?

In the meantime, since some DL people go to Box on Tuesdays for Skullgirls, that means I bring my setup that night. That setup can easily be turned into a KoF13 one after the SG tournament is over. If you guys wanna head up to Frubble tuesday night and get some matches in, be my guest.

The OTHER option, one which I am going to shamelessly advocate right now, is that you guys join us on Friday nights, and we have a Dustloop/Dreamcancel cooperative event. The reality is that while we are pulling bigger numbers, and slowly increasing every week, we still aren't making the owner of Frubble enough money to warrant him not double booking us. We've already had to sit through a screamo concert, and either this coming Friday or the Friday afterward we're going to have to endure some religious groups' sermons. I think that putting our two communities under the same roof for a night would benefit us both. I also know that there is a new group of people who have showed up the last two times, who also play KoF and bring their own setup for it each time. Jinx, you've been missing out, we've had Melty and KoF and you haven't even been around!

Let me know what you guys think.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 08:41:33 AM by WildWallice »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 07, 2012, 07:59:26 AM »
Whoa whoa what? I thought you knew the owner or something Jinx, did he not say anything about this?

In the meantime, since some DL people go to Box on Tuesdays for Skullgirls, that means I bring my setup that night. That setup can easily be turned into a KoF13 one after the SG tournament is over. If you guys wanna head up to Frubble tuesday night and get some matches in, be my guest.

The OTHER option, one which I am going to shamelessly advocate right now, is that you guys join us on Friday nights, and we have a Dustloop/Dreamcancel cooperative event. The reality is that while we are pulling bigger numbers, and slowing increasing every week, we still aren't making the owner of Frubble enough money to warrant him not double booking us. We've already had to sit through a screamo concert, and either this coming Friday or the Friday afterward we're going to have to endure some religious groups' sermons. I think that putting our two communities under the same roof for a night would benefit us both. I also know that there is a new group of people who have showed up the last two times, who also play KoF and bring their own setup for it each time. Jinx, you've been missing out, we've had Melty and KoF and you haven't even been around!

Let me know what you guys think.

I was cool with the owner, and was working on a project with him, too, but from what I gathered, dude didn't tell quite a few people about this "move"... A buddy of mine who's pretty cool with the owner didn't even know... We bumped into each other at Marukai and I told him about it... It's mad crazy, because supposedly it "was bound to happen", yet quite a few people didn't know about it... I went up there and saw some people who were kinda standing around, because they went there probably to get YuGiOh cards or something, and they had the same reaction I had...

Well, I'm down for a session on Friday at least... Can't do Tuesdays because I have meetings then, and they run for a few hours, plus I use the extra time to work on a beat, or at least search for plugins and samples...

DaBakerMann

• New Challenger
  • Shake N Bake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 07, 2012, 08:08:23 AM »
To bad i cant make it out fridays due to work. Thankfully once break starts i can start going to TTF. I wonder what we could substitute for on mondays.

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 07, 2012, 08:43:24 AM »
Well, since I was gonna ask this question tomorrow night and now there is not going to be a tomorrow night, Baker, are you the guy who friend requested me on FB? I wanted to make sure, since I think is you.

DaBakerMann

• New Challenger
  • Shake N Bake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 07, 2012, 09:35:46 AM »
yeah thats me
Edit: i got a good laugh how fast you approved as soon as i wrote this.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:37:40 AM by DaBakerMann »

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 07, 2012, 10:16:13 AM »
i'm down with fubble fridays

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 08, 2012, 12:31:16 AM »
I too am down with frubble friday nights.

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 08, 2012, 10:54:19 PM »
Oh damn, no more CO? :( . . . Well Frubble sounds good I guess, and I can bring a setup if it's needed.
PSN: jasemac

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 09, 2012, 06:48:42 PM »
Yeah let's bring setups just in case a gangload of people outside of us decide to show up to play KoF... I know I'm getting on KoF and SG if they're both available...

If it's solid, let's get a tourney started or something???

glod

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 09, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »
Oops apparently I did have an account here, I've just never posted.

Well, I'm thankful for your words of encouragement, Jinx! I'm interested in getting into KoF, I'll probably pick up a copy once classes are over. Also I hope to see a bunch of KoF people on Friday at Frubble. We've been collaborating pretty hardcore with Box Arena, so to further unite all the SD fighting game communities would be awesome.

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 09, 2012, 11:28:22 PM »
So, speaking of the Box Arena, I talked with Frank about having KoF at Box Sessions Live, and he said he was willing to give it a shot. So on Tuesday the 15th, show up if you can. I'm pretty sure we have enough just from the people I see at Box every week to do a 8 man tournament, but if you guys could show up as well we could really blow this up.

Also, this Friday we might run a tournament for KoF depending on how many people show up to that. I am hoping by getting all of us working more closely together that we can blow up the KoF scene in San Diego!

DooDaHumptyHump

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • stream
« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2012, 12:37:39 AM »
Hey guys, new KoF player here now with some free time with summer coming up.  I've been to Frubble and TTF a few times last year for SF4, and I've always wanted to go to CO Mondays so I'm sad to see it go.

I'm down with Fridays at Frubble and I just wanted to know if you folks play on PS3 or 360 setups since I only own PS3 sticks.  I know the Box sessions/tourneys are mostly on PS3 but I just want to be sure.
PSN: DooDaHumptyHump
stream: www.twitch.tv/doodahumptyhump

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 10, 2012, 02:25:12 AM »
Yeah, we're mostly ps3 on Friday.