Author Topic: San Diego CA  (Read 113055 times)

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
San Diego CA
« on: January 03, 2011, 01:00:30 PM »
SAAAN DIEEEEGO~!! Anyone down for some KoF? I mean really down?! I want to set up something once or twice a week. I got some exp with 98 UM looking to get better in that and 2002 UM. I own all KoF games so willing to play any really. Looking just to play some damn games in my own city. LET'S DO SOME SHIT!!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego CA
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 10:29:50 PM »
SAAAN DIEEEEGO~!! Anyone down for some KoF? I mean really down?! I want to set up something once or twice a week. I got some exp with 98 UM looking to get better in that and 2002 UM. I own all KoF games so willing to play any really. Looking just to play some damn games in my own city. LET'S DO SOME SHIT!!

Have you been to AI, you should really try to make a trip up here before it closes, it's only like an hour and 15 mins or so depending where you're at in SD to get to AI.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 11:46:56 PM »
Ah, yes, thought bout it so many times for KoF 13 >_<  But i work and am in grad school working on my master's thesis. And the 2 hour trip there, and the other 2 back i'd much rather spend playing games in my own city which seems impossible to do for some reason. Also, i play on 6 button pads. So my competitive level would be dwarfed at AI to where you dudes probably wouldn't want to play me.

6 button pads for life! I own japan sega saturn 6 buttons. Ps 2 sega saturn 6 buttons. Hori fight commander 3 ps 3 six buttons. Madcatz fightpad 6 button. Neo geo USB 6 button lol. If you ever in SD hit me up! Or me in the 213!

SAN DIEGO TIME TO DO SOME SHIT!!!

mp3play3r

• New Challenger
  • 'Sup!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 03:48:21 AM »
I wish I had a car, I'm from Tijuana D:
GGPO: mp3play3r
KOF'98/UM: Kyo, Vice, Iori - O. Yashiro, Mature, O. Chris
KOF2k2UM: Kyo-1, Vice, Andy -  Mature, Nameless, Iori

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 06:40:57 AM »
Ah yes, and i have no passport ATM.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 04:52:34 AM »
You say SD, where specifically in SD are you @??? I'm next to National City (like a turn and I'm there) near this Comic Odyssey which is close to 805 North exit...

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 03:00:59 AM »
yo. i'm right across the street from sdsu. i'm down to drive and/or play at my house or any where else!

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 10:10:13 PM »
I'm also down to play some AH 3 on ps 3 also!

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 07:30:04 PM »
Quick update for you cats in SD:

Comic Odyssey runs sessions/tournaments on Mondays from 8PM til whenever they're done (usually its around Midnight-ish). They primarily hold SF4/MvC3, but if you want, you can bust out with your own game and TV if space is provided. I'll be there today, but I'm only bringing my stick. I believe its $2 for the tourney and $3 to get in on the session. Here's the address/number if interested:

3400 E 8th St # 106
National City, CA 91950-3168
(619) 479-0965

I'm cool with the owner, and he allows for free sessions during the store's working hours, so you cats can pick out a day and time to showcase KOF and get matches in. Just lemme know whenever you guys are down for matches, and I'll see what's up.

Alot of people there are showing interest in XIII. My hope is that KOF XIII get as much exposure as, if not more than, SF4, or even MvC3.

Anyway, if you guys show up, I'm gonna be rocking either a red Baltimore hat, or some Orioles hat of some sort.  More than likely its the former.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 07:33:57 PM »
Sounds very interesting, I wouldn't mind going to San Diego every once in a while.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 08:16:34 PM »
The space is kinda small, I will say that, but those guys manage to hold sessions with 4-8 tvs there for both ps3 and x360. It would be dope to get some high level KOFers in there and show off, especially if XIII was available.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 07:34:54 PM »
I go to UCSD 1 to 3 times a month since some of my friends goes there (Usually I just go there during the weekends)

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 05:26:49 AM »
I live down in spring valley. I have 98um and 2k2 on xbox and plan on picking up kof13 when it hits and would love to get some local matches in. Never got good at kof games but they are still fun and I am getting sick of capcom fighters at the moment.

I have no car so I am limited to where I can go via bus but somebody mentioned comic odyssey earlier and I can make it there pretty easy.

If playing locally isn't possible I'd be down with trying to get some games online with anybody.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 06:56:39 PM »
Ok, I got an idea-- sorta... This is open to any of you cats outside of SD also. The more the merrier!!!

If anyone is free on either the 7th or 14th of November, I'd like to have a KoF/SNK setup at Comic Odyssey while the other games are going on... I personally have 02UM, 98UM, KOFNW (disc), FFS, MoTW, SS2, SSS (disc) and NGBC on my 360 ready to go, and they work offline too (there used to be some DRM issues, but its fixed).

I had a quick setup in the past, and it got a bit of attention, but it was always in comp with SF4 (I'd rather it be 3S though, but whatever)...

I'm gonna talk to the owner, and see what I can do. My request to you cats is to post up and let me know if you're free on either of those days... I'm gonna pick one of those days, and pending on the outcome, I'll try to continue it, and attempt to build even more hype for XIII, since alot of people there (SF players included) are very interested in playing the game...

It would be dope if some of you LA heads came down and show off something... I don't care if I get crushed, I'll get my revenge in XIII at least ;)

Nah, but real talk, lemme know what you guys think about this... I actually wanna get something solidified and not just some idea floating in the air... Those that know anyone else interested, spread the word... We gotta show these cats that KoF is a rewarding game that's worth playing, especially pre-XIII.

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 09:08:04 AM »
Crap sorry I am replying late to this.

Yes I can make it to comic odyssey on both of those nights the 7th and the 14th. If you are still planning on doing this I would be happy to come play some kof2k2.