Author Topic: San Diego CA  (Read 113111 times)

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego CA
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2011, 01:02:38 AM »
Hope your trip was fun!

Gonna be great to have you back tho there are a lot more guys wanting to try the game now and a lot had questions last time at the comic store I couldn't really answer since I am not that experienced at kof. When you do come back to CO you are probably going to be swamped with questions hahaha.

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2011, 05:59:51 AM »
Looks like there won't be any casuals this monday CO probably due to it being right after christmas. Hope everybody had a good one.

Donpiff

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
Damn I was hoping i can get in some games. I wont be able to make the next two mondays. But if any of yall wanna play online it would be cool. or some where another day

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2011, 10:21:36 PM »
maybe a good time to try our online connections. i've still never seen a 4 bar yet. i'll be online tonight, ogsrkkilla xbox, srkkilla psn  ;)

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2011, 11:28:15 PM »
maybe a good time to try our online connections. i've still never seen a 4 bar yet. i'll be online tonight, ogsrkkilla xbox, srkkilla psn  ;)

Friend request sent.
You live around sdsu ya? I am in spring valley so if then this has to be close enough for a 4 bar connection if we play. If not then 4 bars just doesn't exist hahaha.

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2011, 12:38:05 AM »
Woah 4 bar connections are awesome. Just played a set with donpiff and it played smooth as fuck. Much better than all the other games I've played online against other 3 and 2 bars.

GGs man.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2011, 02:29:24 AM »
I'm not even gonna front-- after a mad long time of driving and playing navigator, I'm glad there's not a session this Monday... I would be ready to go to it though if one were going down...

Anyway, I'm rested up, and ready for some online shenanigans... Playing KOF-i has got me working on more setups and things of that nature... Since the shoutbox is down, just post up here if you'll be online...

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2011, 05:40:53 AM »
GGs jinxhand! Sorry I had to cut that short had to take a break my wrist was starting to hurt mashing out those combos hahah.

are you planning on picking up benimaru as a main? Because I am seeing some crazy potential with him. He seemed to have really good priority on all his moves and how about that double KO ;)
Had only a few hiccups but online play with people in the same city seem to work really well. We should have done this ages ago.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2011, 07:47:29 AM »
GGs jinxhand! Sorry I had to cut that short had to take a break my wrist was starting to hurt mashing out those combos hahah.

are you planning on picking up benimaru as a main? Because I am seeing some crazy potential with him. He seemed to have really good priority on all his moves and how about that double KO ;)
Had only a few hiccups but online play with people in the same city seem to work really well. We should have done this ages ago.

GGs Rhythmaxed...

As far as Benimaru's concerned, nah I'm not gonna main him... I liked playing with him in older KOFs and even in CvS2, but I just played with him for fun... I wanna unlock colors so I can make him look like Freakazoid... I might get serious with him though, but there's too many characters to use...

I am putting Raiden in the studio, so be ready for that... Stuff is gonna get punished with command grabs all day!!!

I will say you have gotten stronger since I last played you... Got on point with those Takuma charge combos even... Good stuff... Nice Athena combos also!!!

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2011, 08:27:54 AM »
Thanks! I've been spending tons of time in practice mode practicing everything and watching as many videos on kof as I can find to try to get better. Glad to know all that work is paying off :)

GGs to nikolai volKOF You were wrecking me something fierce 8 straight games hahahah. Dat 4 bar connection.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2011, 09:55:17 AM »
4 bar lol. Good shit though, just RTSD!

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:31 AM »
So looks like there is gonna be a second place we can meet and play during the week. last night(wednesday) they had a setup at somebodies pad.

http://ttfcasuals.com/ (site hasn't been updated in awhile)

I mentioned him earlier in the thread. But it looks like kof13 is spreading a bit and somebody bought a setup for kof.
He usually has casuals in his backyard every wednesday night. We missed the first one but are you guys down to start going wednesdays too? Gotta represent dreamcancel!

If anybody else is interested in hitting this place up I can mesage him on facebook to come pop in on the thread and give out his address since I am not sure if he wants random people just giving it to strangers(he usually asks people to pm him personally on srk or facebook for address) He lives up in paradise hills and has been running casuals for a while now and runs tournaments/ranbats for sf and marvel all the time.

Also there is a place in santee called frubble that has free setups with consoles(ps3 I think) that usually has just sf and marvel. But I bet we could convince them to switch out at least one station for king of fighters if we all went down there. Like on a weekend or something since donpiff had been asking about weekend casual meetups.

http://frubble.com/

playing on the systems is free they just ask you to buy a drink or a sandwich or something if you can according to box arena streams. Any of you guys down for any of this? Heavy rumors saying that tuesday kof13 will be one of the games that evo announces for their 2012 tournament. Gotta get all the practice we need.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:58:11 AM by Rhythmaxed »

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2011, 07:30:45 AM »
Yo i'm down with that Santee place. That would be cool. Count me in for showing up there during the weekends.

Donpiff

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2011, 06:38:21 PM »
The Santee Place is where The Box Arena guys play at right?

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2011, 09:58:10 PM »
Well as long as none of my monies go to the Box Arena i'm still down to go the Frubble place. My friend who is trying to get back into KoF lives very close by, so maybe we will get a couple more heads interested. Anyways, happy New Years all~ for sure KoF 13 will be at EVO next year!