Author Topic: San Diego CA  (Read 114293 times)

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego CA
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2012, 01:52:25 AM »
Yea frubble is where all the box arena casuals and tournaments are hosted. Its free to play the games there so as long as its not a tournament of theirs or something they are directly hosting I don't think they take a cut of any money or anything. So if you have some past beef with boxarena nick I think you are in the clear.

I guess the main issue will be trying to get a station open if there are a lot of sf and marvel players there.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:09:45 AM by Rhythmaxed »

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2012, 09:14:48 PM »
So yea frubble does allow people to put in any game within the stations and play. All for free so we can hit up frubble saturdays or whenever.
One thing tho is that all of their setups are ps3 so we would need somebody with the ps3 version of the game(I only gots xbox) and ps3 controllers/sticks

I have two sticks that work for ps3 tho one is gank as fuck.

Also, CO is going down tomorrow night first session of 2012 :)

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2012, 09:23:04 PM »
i'm also cool to let a few people play at my pad. i currently live across the street from sdsu, not sure how convenient that is for anybody. i have 2 tv's and 2 systems both ps 3 and xbox with kof 13. i got no arcade sticks though so byob. also i live in a studio so that's why i say only a few people. i don't really got beef with anyone, just can't stand paying for casual shit when i can do that at home, esp. when it seems like only new players pay the fees. tournaments is understandable. if sdsu or the college area sounds convenient hit me up.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2012, 09:24:20 PM »
I got a ps 3 copy so i can go to Frubble just let me know what day and when you want to show up

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2012, 10:56:52 PM »
Also, CO is going down tomorrow night first session of 2012 :)

A storm is brewing... Nah, I'm pretty sure a bunch of cats are gonna be asking questions and stuff, but its whatever...

I'll see what's good with the Frubble thing, 'cause I'm on my Guile right now, and my schedule's tight sorta...

I'm pricing out an ASUS Monitor so I can bring it with me to future events.

Happy New Year!!! My New Year's Resolution: Step them damn HD Combos up...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 11:03:18 PM by jinxhand »

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2012, 11:13:43 PM »
i'm also cool to let a few people play at my pad. i currently live across the street from sdsu, not sure how convenient that is for anybody. i have 2 tv's and 2 systems both ps 3 and xbox with kof 13. i got no arcade sticks though so byob. also i live in a studio so that's why i say only a few people. i don't really got beef with anyone, just can't stand paying for casual shit when i can do that at home, esp. when it seems like only new players pay the fees. tournaments is understandable. if sdsu or the college area sounds convenient hit me up.

Right across the street from sdsu? Yea I can make that only a like 30 minute bus ride from where I live since I am in spring valley. I'll hit you up soon to take you up on that offer :)

And yea jinx I am sure people will be asking questions. Last time there were people who were asking me questions that I wish I could answer but couldn't since I don't know much about the game yet. They will probably be hitting you up with the Qs/

Jinxhand are you going to be bringing your xbox this time? I can bring mine again if nobody else is but I will be leaving kinda early around 10ish and can't stay till closing so games would stop kinda early.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2012, 11:50:25 PM »

Right across the street from sdsu? Yea I can make that only a like 30 minute bus ride from where I live since I am in spring valley. I'll hit you up soon to take you up on that offer :)

And yea jinx I am sure people will be asking questions. Last time there were people who were asking me questions that I wish I could answer but couldn't since I don't know much about the game yet. They will probably be hitting you up with the Qs/

Jinxhand are you going to be bringing your xbox this time? I can bring mine again if nobody else is but I will be leaving kinda early around 10ish and can't stay till closing so games would stop kinda early.

Yeah, I'll be bringing mine... I'll try to bring an extra stick and pad if you cats need one...

EDIT: It's going down now!!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 06:12:18 AM by jinxhand »

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2012, 10:50:12 AM »
Good games :)

unprotectedSEX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2012, 02:29:21 PM »
you this is cody from ttf
wednesday nights we play casuals at my house
bunch of us started playing kof
there will always be 1 set up dedicated to kof at my house and can have 1 more if someone brings it i have 6 set ups available if you want to bring a set up.

but if you are interested in ttf wednesday message me for my address or add me on face book
cody denton

hope to see you wednesday
also im bringing my set up with kof tomorrow at frubble ]

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2012, 07:29:48 PM »
GGs last night!!! Props to Rhythmaxed for holding it down and showing off some of those good ole King combos!!!

Definite mad props to the other cats who showed up (even after getting their fix of sf4 lol). It's good to see new faces even if it's only to test the waters...

Oh yeah, shoutouts to Chris for hitting that demo hard, and putting on a good show with Kyo.

Speaking of hitting hard, I'm putting Kensou in the studio, so best believe he's gonna be a monster next time.

The Yuri player (what's your name homeboy???)-- you were hitting those links like crazy, and I was loving the trial HD combo you did. I think you pulled off a few other fancy combos as well.

Hope I wowed someone with that Hwa technology... I'll be around to help you cats learn the game... I need to level up myself, so hit me up whenever...

Donpiff

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2012, 04:30:42 AM »
Damn wish i couldve played. But i had other obligations. Im pretty behind because im learning how to play stick also. But im willing to grind my Mai, Clark, Andy team. i need some offline play.

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2012, 05:20:56 AM »
KING OF FIGHTERS 13 AT EVO!

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2012, 05:57:18 AM »
KING OF FIGHTERS 13 AT EVO!

I told you... :)

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2012, 06:02:32 AM »
Ha yea you weren't even worried you called it right. Soul calibur 5 getting in is pretty cool too.

On wakeup srk they are talking about the evo season tournaments that you can get seed points for and they just listed a tournament called "Team mad catz championships" thats going to be here in san diego. I guess they just accidently announced it or something. April 13-15.

I am guessing KOF13 will be there since its going to be an evo game for people to get seeded for. So we have a major for san diego to look forward to.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2012, 06:29:20 AM »
Even if cats do or don't get to hit up EVO or any other tournament, we all still need to be leveling up like crazy...

We had a good turnout ayer, and hopefully once things start going strong, we can start getting tournaments started... I'm always here to help the guys unfamiliar to the game... Glad to break some of their fears of getting stomped, and just allowed them to try it out. Nick understands the game, too, it seems, and he helped out which was a plus...

Donpiff, lemme know what your schedule's looking like. Maybe we can try to get some matches in hopefully... At the very least, we're all close enough to have stable online matches...