Author Topic: San Diego CA  (Read 114442 times)

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego CA
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2012, 08:24:04 AM »
Looks like we are going to be getting tournaments started here in san diego.
I am watching the box arena stream for the tournament for ssf4 they got going right now(stream monsterin ftw) and they were just talking about hosting king of fighters 13 tournaments alongside sf4 and marvel. Evo announcement already having an effect?

unprotectedSEX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2012, 01:21:07 AM »
i think they were talking about that because i brough my set up for kof to frubble and they there were a good amount of people playing
but any way

Wednesday Night Casuals @ T.T.F.

Doors open: 7:30 PM
Last games: 11:50PM
Doors close: 12:00AM

House Fee:
$2.00
*Please pay before you start playing.

Setups always needed and much thanks to the people who bring them.
Always try to have at least 6.
3 for marvel and 3 for super
Also 1 set up dedicated to KOF13

If enough people are interested in a small tourney I will throw one.
The tourney will be $3.00 double elimination 1st and 2nd get paid out
3rd gets there money back

Set ups and sticks always needed.
See you tonight
If you need my address please message me on FB or pm me on srk or on dc if you can message on dc

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2012, 10:35:46 AM »
I am heading for norcal tomorrow and hoping I can hit up southtown arcades kof tournaments they have all the time during the weekend. I'll do my best to represent san diego if I get a chance to go.

Next week I wanna go in hard guys, I won't be able to make CO monday but hopefully I can see some of you guys wednesday night TTF at cody's pad. Also lets try to get something started next weekend at frubble. And nikolaiVOF whatever day you have some free time lets have some games at your pad I can get to sdsu pretty easy since I am only in spring valley. :)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2012, 10:54:34 PM »
Hi guys there's going to be a tournament in TJ this Sunday at 2pm at Unidad Deportiva CREA. My friends from Team Lago are hosting it and they are known to host the best tourneys in TJ, so if you are available make sure to stop by cause you are in for some serious KOF competition.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2012, 09:23:47 AM »
Yo Chris, I got that Freakazoid Benimaru finally... It's on now!!!

Oh yeah, there's a cat who frequents CO named JJ who from what I hear (and actually talking to him) is dope when it comes to KOF (and other games)... In fact, we share the same Fighting Game Enthusiast attitude, so we play all games... Anyway, he's trying to swing by on Monday, and I can't wait for him to put on a show for us provided he comes through... He also hosts sessions at his crib, too, so give him a holla if you see him...

I'm still trying to work in a Saturday when I can swing by Frubble and these other locales, btw...

Train up homeboys, tourney time should be rolling in soon... Please continue to spread the word, and have those new cats you come across post up here so we can help them with whatever KOF related, and solidify this scene down here...

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2012, 10:24:20 AM »
Ok, I'm gonna be back in the area this week again, and just wanna catch up and all the stuff thats going down.

So, we've got CO on Monday, TTF on Wednesday, and  Frubble... when? I'm pretty sure I can make it CO and TTF, not sure about Frubble though.

See you guys soon.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2012, 08:43:22 AM »
Ok, I'm gonna be back in the area this week again, and just wanna catch up and all the stuff thats going down.

So, we've got CO on Monday, TTF on Wednesday, and  Frubble... when? I'm pretty sure I can make it CO and TTF, not sure about Frubble though.

See you guys soon.

Good to have you back!!! You're the only cat I know around here who has made a name for themselves as the "Mai player"... I'm almost wondering what mixups you have with her now... I've picked up a few characters since you were last here, so be ready :)

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2012, 10:54:50 AM »
Good shit tonight guys. A little rusty but hopefully I'll start leveling up soon. Gotta stop dropping combos and jumping so much.

I might not be able to scope out whats going down on Wednesday this week but we'll see.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2012, 06:59:16 PM »
Awesome turnout!!! 2 setups with at least 9+ people in total playing... Everyone's stepped their game up, which is good, so now I've gotta step my Kensou up... Mature is coming to take names though, as is Billy, so be ready for that next time :)

Everybody was busting out with HD combos, so yeah I was happy to see that, too...

There was some talk about a tourney, but I'm not sure if those cats mixed that up with the SF tourney. Either way, we're getting close to that point where tourneys are gonna start going down...

WildWallice, you came back stronger than before, even without Mai. No sweat, I'm seeing mad potential with that Flame Iori. I was dropping combos myself (that damn Hwa).

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2012, 10:55:02 PM »
Sounds like I missed kof blowing up at CO :(

I'll be at TTF tomorrow night hopefully some of you guys can make it there too. :)

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2012, 08:08:16 PM »
I'm going to UC San Diego Winter Game Fest 2012
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jan-13-2012-ucsd-winter-game-fest-2012-la-jolla-ca.150478/

THey dont have KOF but I just going there with friends and visiting some people

is there going to be anyone playing KOF? I wanna play some games with the local here

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2012, 12:49:43 AM »
You might want to try and contact the people at Winter Game Fest and ask them about a KoF tournament.

I was originally gonna go because they had Blazblue last year, but this year they don't so I decided I wouldn't. Then like two days ago I was informed through Dustloop that someone had got in touch with the people who ran WGF and asked about a BB tournament, and they said they were willing to do it provided they got 16 people to come.

I still don't know yet how that is going to turn out, but if it could work for Blazblue it could work for KoF too.

As for me, I won't be going probably. I've got other stuff to do on Saturday. Its supposed to start Friday at 5 though so I might be there for that.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2012, 04:19:35 AM »
Huge Ryu graffiti on center hall building @ ucsd, i respect that

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2012, 06:53:22 AM »
Yo nikolai! Do you have a day that is free next week? Lets get some games going I haven't played against you in awhile! I am free pretty much all next week except tho I plan on going to casuals monday and wednesday. I am only in spring valley so I can get to sdsu pretty easy.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2012, 10:47:32 AM »
My weeks are fucked now dude with school and work. I'm on ucsd's campus everyday now. I was kind of hoping the frubble thing would happen during the weekends now ;/