Author Topic: San Diego CA  (Read 114302 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: San Diego CA
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2012, 12:10:58 AM »
I'll be down for some sessions as well... I plan to bring my setup... Last time, we had a spare tv with nothing to hook it up to, so if you have an extra xbox or ps3, please help out...

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2012, 04:33:47 AM »
Yeah I won't be going. I am seriously broke enough I can't spare the few bucks at the moment. Should have some spare money in like two weeks tho. Just have to get past this rough patch. :(

Hopefully I'll see some of you guys online.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2012, 05:51:08 AM »
I'm here right now. Lemme know I any of u cats are coming.

EDIT: GGs to all who showed!!! Big improvement on everyone's game so far... We ended up doing a 4 Man Round-Robin tournament, and congrats to Watts for winning that hard earned dough :) ... We had tons of close matches-- I mean a lot of them were to-the-wire...

We also had some more people show up for casuals, even if it was only for a couple of matches...

Oh yeah, props to Nick for holding it down for a few matches of MoTW... Great throwback matches-- plus that Terry was dope!!! Btw, Grant says "hi" and that he has more chest combos for ya, lol...

Next Monday, let's shoot for 2 setups!!! What I wanna do is have one for recorded matches, and put those up on Youtube, and have another setup available for those that just wanna play still without worrying about being put on blast... Honestly, having others watch you in order to constructively critique and help your game is awesome imo, but for some it's not, so I understand...

If we have enough for a tourney, I'll record that, too...

As for Saturday, no can do, because I've gotta teach a bunch of math that day, and I'm not sure when I'm gonna be done...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:46:39 PM by jinxhand »

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2012, 05:08:29 AM »
Hopefully next monday I can get come down and bring an xbox.

Its cool you are going to be busy this saturday doesn't look like anything kof wise is gonna go down since I can't get to frubble right now. I already got a test to study for anyway. I'll try to be online if anybody wants to try out the new netcode patch later tonight and over the weekend. I keep hearing mixed opinions on it tho.

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 06, 2012, 05:31:01 AM »
Facebook page says there won't be casuals at CO tomorrow. Hopefully there will still be a TTF I can get my fix in this week.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 06, 2012, 08:52:26 PM »
I'll try to be online tonight for sessions/netcode testing... If I manage to hit up TTF during the week, I'll record matches there...

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2012, 04:14:22 AM »
any weekend action?

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 11, 2012, 07:08:53 AM »
any weekend action?

I'll be heading up north, so I can't do anything this weekend... :-(

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 11, 2012, 07:53:27 AM »
Midterm + test + two papers to be done over the weekend makes me a sad panda. That and I am broke.

But I should have money middle of next week and be free next weekend. Frubble meetups next saturday maybe? I dunno, Figure something out next week when it comes.

School and lack of funds is killing me big time I can feel myself getting rusty.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 07:59:02 AM by Rhythmaxed »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 11, 2012, 09:14:53 AM »
Yeah I should be free next Saturday... I'm so ready to truly level up offline...

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2012, 04:27:26 AM »
Quick update: no can do on the recording due to some parts crapping out on me, but most definitely next time I will have the stuff ready...

Also, let's shoot for multiple setups...

Chris, or anyone for that matter, if you need, I got you, just come on down...

UPDATE OF AN UPDATE: GGs to all who showed. I wanted to get in on some SCV but I had to hold it down in KoF, plus I'm still skeptical of the game. Anyway, I'll be shooting to record as well as have a QnA session for those who are learning the game. Glad to see a new face even if KoF isn't their strong point.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:38:48 AM by jinxhand »

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2012, 09:11:28 PM »
Nice did somebody bring soul calibur 5 to CO? lame sucks I missed out I still want to try the game out before putting down any kind of money on it.

100 percent positive I'll be there next monday. Sorry I have been MIA for awhile here. Good shit holding it down for dreamcancel jinxhand. :)

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2012, 01:31:55 PM »
Alright, I've got a question for you guys. I know you've started doing weekend tournaments at Frubble and I wanted to ask how you all had that arranged. Who would I talk to at Frubble to reserve a night of the week for a gathering to play fighting games? Do you have to pay to be there? Buy a drink?

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2012, 06:20:23 AM »
Alright, I've got a question for you guys. I know you've started doing weekend tournaments at Frubble and I wanted to ask how you all had that arranged. Who would I talk to at Frubble to reserve a night of the week for a gathering to play fighting games? Do you have to pay to be there? Buy a drink?

We managed to do the frubble thing only once so far.  But I just went in and told the random guy working there I was meeting some others for some games and he let me set my xbox up and everything. That stuff is only for customers so you gotta buy something from them to be able to play there and that is it.

I got the info from the box arena guys off of twitter @theboxarena I think.

What games are you trying to set up there?

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2012, 08:15:44 AM »
I'm trying to find a new location for the Blazblue scene in SD. Me and another guy alternate hosting gatherings each week but much to our surprise the amount of people who show up keeps growing, were at about 10 right now, and its kind of making it inconvenient for us to host at our houses/apartments. So I'm trying to switch over to Frubble since they do the Box Arena too.