Author Topic: San Diego CA  (Read 113124 times)

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego CA
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2012, 08:49:03 AM »
Oh awesome. Yea just have to make sure to tell everybody who is showing up that before they play make sure to buy a drink or a sandwich or something and they are fine. They don't seem to mind at all as long as you support the place. When I went I got a strawberry "frubble" which is some sort of smoothie drink. about 4 bucks and it was awesome ahha.

But I just told the guy working there I was there to play some games with people and he pointed out where the stations were and to go nuts and was super friendly.

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2012, 05:43:54 AM »
So Comic Odyssey is going down tomorrow night and finally I am going to be there again. Got free time and not so broke I can't afford the few bucks ahhaha.

Can't wait to get some games in.

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2012, 10:33:52 PM »
I probably won't be at CO tonight. I have a midterm due tonight by email and another test to study for tomorrow.

Btw, thanks for the info Rhythmaxed. I got in touch with them and we're working something out.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2012, 05:35:33 AM »
We got 2 setups!!!!!!

A ps3 and 360!!!

Come get some!!!

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2012, 05:18:32 AM »
Wutsup guys, I was the new guy at Comic Odyssey this past Monday. Just sayin ggs, and lookin forward to some more offline KOF.
PSN: jasemac

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2012, 07:27:23 AM »
Wutsup guys, I was the new guy at Comic Odyssey this past Monday. Just sayin ggs, and lookin forward to some more offline KOF.

Yo what's up man?!!?!?!? GGs most definitely!!! I was impressed by your skill especially on stick, and with your team... Keep leveling up with us man, and get your homeboy on some KoF... I saw him sleeping playing SF4.. j/k

Sessions at CO next Monday are still a go from what I was told... I'm gonna be juggling a few other games there before KoF starts, so if anyone's interested in learning VF or Battle Fantasia, get in earlier...

And as always, let's go for more setups... The more the merrier!!!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2012, 11:07:56 AM »
SD: When are we ever going to see you guys visit a UCI Ranbat?

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2012, 06:39:58 AM »

Would be cool to try to get a carpool up there. No car but I'd try to pitch in for gas.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2012, 07:26:36 AM »
I remember what happened when the last two dudes came down from LA ;/

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2012, 08:06:14 AM »
True enough those two dudes were really tough. Tho best way to get better is to play more and better people and to get more tournament experience Those guys up there are having tournaments like every week against each other.

Probably why the skill level is kinda low here in SD. We've only had one tournament a month ago versus those guys who got tournaments every weekend since november. Thinking about it, should probably be trying to get things popping here more often before we start traveling around.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:21:51 AM by Rhythmaxed »

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2012, 08:33:30 AM »
I'm down every weekend mane

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2012, 09:06:02 AM »

When it ain't on a Friday.

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2012, 03:48:47 AM »
Hey wallace, Which days do you leave san diego to head back home? Do you leave on saturdays or fridays?

And nikolai and jinxhand what do your friday nights look like? My weekend pretty much starts thursday afternoon as my classes all lgo from mondays though thursdays. If we found a place for fridays would that work for you guys?
Gotta try to find a day as many people as possible are able to attend while avoiding days that a lot of the capcom players might be playing a tournament on and try to get something going.

Also. I know online play is kinda ass but I've been able to get playable games with people who at least live within the city. Would any of you guys be down for some sort of online league going since its a bit hard to get decent games in due to different schedules? Just trying to find some more ideas outside of random casual games we have been having. I think next step is serious competition especially if want to compete against the rest of california.

Its pretty much assumed right now even tho nothing much has been said that in april when madcatz has its major it will have kof13 and will be kind of embarrassing if san diego can't represent at all.

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2012, 05:08:17 AM »
I leave on Saturdays. Friday nights I either go to or host a Blazblue event so my Fridays are busy. I usually go up Saturday and come down on Monday. That'll probably change when next quarter rolls around.

I am down for trying online. Admittedly I haven't played more than two matches online, and both of those were atrocious. I'm willing to try and connect with you guys to see if we can get some good games in, but if those connections are garbage we should stick to offline meetups. CO is what I can make it to most often. We definitely should work something out though. I agree with you that we need to see SD represent at the next major.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2012, 04:13:24 AM »
Sorry, but I can't make it tonight guys... Got some stuff to take care of...

Hopefully I'll be available online throughout the week... As for Fridays, I'm down for that... I don't have too much to do normally, but right now things are looking kinda crazy... I'll update you cats when I'm free though...