Author Topic: San Diego CA  (Read 114582 times)

DaBakerMann

• New Challenger
  • Shake N Bake!
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego CA
« Reply #240 on: April 12, 2012, 09:11:35 AM »
Welcome DaBakerMann!!! I can't wait to get some matches in with ya... If CO is a go next Monday, then I'll definitely be there to level up...

Hey we've got a tutorials section, check that out, as it will definitely help you understand the basics...

What's your general playstyle in other games, and what team(s) are you maining in KOFXIII?
Thanks for the welcome! I hope CO lets KOF happen next week. I will play any fighting style as long as the character feels good but mostly a fan of grappler style characters or rushdown. So far iv been playing Andy,Clark, but deciding a third between duo lon or elisabeth.
XBL: DaBakerMann hit me up on KOF XIII,SSFIV or UMVC3

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 12, 2012, 09:40:43 AM »
Dabakerman do you also go to TTF wednesday/fridays as well?

DaBakerMann

• New Challenger
  • Shake N Bake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 12, 2012, 01:01:46 PM »
I wish i could make it out to either day for TTF,  but im either busy with work or school. College life or bust :( Is their a good crowd normally for KOF at TTF??

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 13, 2012, 10:56:26 AM »
anything going down tomorrow ??

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 14, 2012, 01:58:19 AM »
I wish i could make it out to either day for TTF,  but im either busy with work or school. College life or bust :( Is their a good crowd normally for KOF at TTF??

Honestly no not really but I really would love to change that. But it seems like the main day and place to play kof is still CO.
Hopefully CO happens this monday since I am now flu free and can actually play :)

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2012, 12:22:12 AM »
What up tonight mangs. CO in effect??

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2012, 12:50:50 AM »
Good question. nothing is being said on facebook about CO yet. Usually somebody says its happening or it isn't by now.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2012, 02:06:32 AM »
So word is CO is a no go because of the lackluster showing last week. We gotta change that enventually.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 17, 2012, 02:28:04 AM »
damn :/

DaBakerMann

• New Challenger
  • Shake N Bake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 18, 2012, 08:49:28 AM »
So word is CO is a no go because of the lackluster showing last week. We gotta change that enventually.
wow really?? does anyone at BSL play this game still???

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 18, 2012, 10:46:19 AM »
Speaking of Box Arena:

I was there tonight and near the end people were talking about KoF. There is definitely interest and people may want it to be part of the Box Arena lineup. People are asking in the SD Fight Scene and Box Arena FB groups "yo what happened to kof13?"

I think you guys need to make a showing or get in contact with the Box Arena dudes and see whats up. People may have temporarily dropped KoF due to the release of SFxT, but now that people have decided that they want nothing to do with that game anymore, if you guys promote it, I'm sure people will start playing 13 again.

DaBakerMann

• New Challenger
  • Shake N Bake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 18, 2012, 12:26:50 PM »
Speaking of Box Arena:

I was there tonight and near the end people were talking about KoF. There is definitely interest and people may want it to be part of the Box Arena lineup. People are asking in the SD Fight Scene and Box Arena FB groups "yo what happened to kof13?"

I think you guys need to make a showing or get in contact with the Box Arena dudes and see whats up. People may have temporarily dropped KoF due to the release of SFxT, but now that people have decided that they want nothing to do with that game anymore, if you guys promote it, I'm sure people will start playing 13 again.
If we can get a station set up for CO and Box next week that could help. Il bring my stick if anyone brings a 360 console.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #252 on: April 18, 2012, 08:39:58 PM »
From what I'm told, next Monday (the 23rd) is good for CO, so sessions will be going down... I'll keep you guys informed on what's going on... I will have my KOF setup as usual, and if anyone else wants to bring there's please feel free to do so... There will be a SG setup, since alot of people (myself included) have gotten into the game... So those are the 2 big games that CO is primarily promoting...

If you can make it on Monday, please do so, and try to bring as many people as you can... The more the merrier, right?

As for Box Arena, when is that again?? I'd like to show up and support in some shape or fashion... I wasn't able to go ayer because I had a meeting that lasted til 10 something... Either Wallice or Rhythmaxed, or anyone here for that matter, if any of you guys are willing to support it, I'm down for that and will assist... Even if we don't do $$$ tourneys just yet, having something on display like a ranbat or something would be dope... I mentioned you two, because you guys seem to have y'alls foot in the door with those guys, so sessions and setups might come by easier (I'm assuming)...

For some SFxT left a sour taste in people's mouths... KOF can fix that... If there's another setup, I'm willing to do tutorials on my setup, while others battle on the other setup if need be... I've heard some people say the game is hard because of inputs or whatnot, and I'm quick to break that stigma, because I personally can tell you games that have hard inputs. Try to do a GC on JJBA (consistently) for starters...

Anyway, I'm still training like a mofo, making sure I don't drop my combos and stuff... Let's continue to help each other out on our game, and whatever findings you come across while playing, post that joint up and help the community grow...

Most importantly, thank you guys for your support in any fashion or form!!! We all have crazy schedules and such, but you guys still pull through whenever you can... That says alot!!! To the new cats, thank you for even posting up, here or elsewhere as well as showing your support... Hope to battle you cats soon...

One more thing, do we have ANY Mature players other than myself???

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 18, 2012, 10:13:04 PM »
I won't be able to do Box arena tuesdays at all till the end of may since I have a late class that ends at 9 oclock at school tuesday nights.

Is anybody able to go to TTF tonight? I'll be there with a setup till like 10:30ish.

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 19, 2012, 03:32:00 AM »
Box Arena is on Tuesdays Jinx. Its canceled for next week though. I can ask around and see if they'd be interested in having KoF, but space is tight. The reason I brought it up was that there was suddenly all this interest on the FB groups out of nowhere. Seemed really weird to me.