Author Topic: San Diego CA  (Read 113037 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: San Diego CA
« Reply #300 on: May 17, 2012, 09:04:14 PM »
Yo jjsmack, are you still down for some Tekken on Friday??? I have my ps3 copy I can bring...

Also, with VF5FS on the way, is there anyone here at the very least somewhat interested in learning VF or getting some matches in??? Lemme know so I can bring my 360... If not, that's cool... June 5th/6th is right around the corner, I'll try then...

Hope we get a tourney started this Friday for KOF... The shit could be a free tourney, I don't care... I just wanna get even more "serious"-- not that the casuals aren't, but you know it's still different somehow...

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2012, 10:32:22 PM »
so it going on tonight??

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 19, 2012, 12:05:25 AM »
Well count me in if it's going down at Frubble tonight. I want to get a lot of KOF matches in, and play some other games too.
PSN: jasemac

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 19, 2012, 12:34:51 AM »
Hell yeah it's going down!!!

X-ECUTIONERS LINKIN PARK -IT'S GOIN DOWN

Damn that song brings back memories... Pure hype music!!!

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2012, 12:17:29 PM »
Good shit tonight guys. I know I didn't get to play with some of you as much as I wanted. I'm going to make special effort to do that next time.

For future reference, its always gonna be going on, every Friday. Just show up, no need to ask. The only thing that may happen is that we might be double booked with something. But if that happens, I'll post and let everyone know.

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 21, 2012, 11:12:38 PM »
No BSL tomorrow guys.

Friday is still a go.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 22, 2012, 12:20:56 AM »
I won't be able to make it out on Friday... If that changes, I'll let you know...

So as I mentioned last Friday, CO is actually not "dead"... It's just relocated out in La Jolla... What does that mean for us??? Honestly, Frubble's probably still the best bet, 'cause I don't know what's going on over at the new joint...

I was also thinking... Last Friday I was paying mad attention to our matches and such, trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong in particular... Then that Andy Zan-ei Ken punish vid was posted up, and it hit me... Looking at alot of the matches we've been having, we're not punishing stuff like we should, I'm totally at fault in that department...

I don't know if its because we play online or what, but I'm personally gonna dedicate a gangload of time in figuring out what can be done against any move at any range... And guess what character I started with??? Yep, if you said Leona, you guessed right... I came across a bunch of stuff that Billy can do against most of her specials... Not too much can be done against that j.D, air qcb+A except a move or two... But yeah, there's a bunch of things that I should've been doing that I haven't, and I need to force myself to be on the proactive side of things and look out for those opportunities to punish and/or combo...

We're all pretty good in the mixup department. There's a bunch of things I'm starting to learn with Kensou now, and I'm officially gonna learn some more characters... Sad Iori is on the list, and I wanna get back on a few other characters I used a few months ago...

You cats have been doing great so far with y'alls teams imo. Special shoutouts to jjsmack's Leona, Wallice's Kyo, and Nik's friggin Clark!!!

Hey DaBakerMann, is there a Friday you're free???

Yo Rhythmaxed, you know any KOFer(s) in the area that can carpool with ya??? Lemme know wassup...

I'm gonna shoot for a Tuesday eventually...

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 22, 2012, 01:00:20 AM »
Hello guys, I would like to invite you all to http://www.japonawa.com/ in Tijuana, MX there is going to be a big KOF tournament at this Anime Expo and there will be players from all over region coming to compete.

Hope you guy can make it, it's going to be a lot of fun and it's only $5 to enter. SEE YOU THERE ;)!
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 22, 2012, 03:01:35 AM »
Can't make it out, going to Rebel Up at Super Arcade that day.

Yeah Jinx, I am going to be spending a lot more time reading up on some information. A lot of things that give me headaches in this game could be avoided if I just knew how to punish them right. A lot of things don't LOOK punishable but are.

EDIT: So apparently stuff might be happening at Box tomorrow anyway. Enough people seem to want to do something regardless, so they might have a session but just not stream it. How badly would you guys want to go to this? Because I'm honestly thinking I should just sit this one out.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:21:16 AM by WildWallice »

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 22, 2012, 05:31:06 AM »
If there's not gonna be enough of us for a tourney tomorrow, then I might sit it out too. I'll shoot for Friday and next Tuesday, though.

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 23, 2012, 01:13:04 AM »
So Box is gonna happen, just no stream. Seems like its just a "show up and mash if you feel like it" type of thing. I'll be going tonight, so if anyone wants to get some KoF in, feel free to come too.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 24, 2012, 01:26:09 AM »
Demon Flips are getting stuff the next time I see them!!!

Wassup everybody!?!?!

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 25, 2012, 01:04:44 AM »
I think I wanna learn Benimaru. I'll let him get blown up at Frubble tomorrow night, so come play some casuals guys!

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 25, 2012, 08:53:46 PM »
Hello guys, I would like to invite you all to http://www.japonawa.com/ in Tijuana, MX there is going to be a big KOF tournament at this Anime Expo and there will be players from all over region coming to compete.

Hope you guy can make it, it's going to be a lot of fun and it's only $5 to enter. SEE YOU THERE ;)!

i'm in there i'll see you sunday

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 29, 2012, 02:28:22 AM »
Can I expect to see any of you mofos at Frubble tomorrow?