Author Topic: San Diego CA  (Read 113025 times)

DooDaHumptyHump

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • stream
Re: San Diego CA
« Reply #465 on: November 17, 2012, 06:47:01 AM »
 I can't make it unfortunately.  Next time I'll make sure I'll have enough gas money to make the 25 minute trip.  Am I the only guy in the Clairemont area that plays KOF13? :(

I guess that gives me some time to practice AH3 and MBAACC which I just picked up a week ago.  I hope to meet and play with you folks next time.
PSN: DooDaHumptyHump
stream: www.twitch.tv/doodahumptyhump

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #466 on: November 17, 2012, 08:55:23 PM »
No prob... I'll definitely be hosting next Friday as well...

The turnout was dope!!! Got some KOF training in, and even had a chance to learn TTT2 a bit... I know some people do DOA out here, so if that's your game too, bring that and the people next time...

We're definitely getting in some AH3 and  TMNT:TF next time... Believe that!!!

I didn't get a real chance to show why SFEX2 is better than SF4, but I'm gonna hold a mini exhibition too, mainly involving combos, game system, metagame, etc...

A bunch of you cats played SFZ3 back in the day, so we can resurrect that as well...

Most importantly though, KOF2002UM. Let's go!!!

UPDATE: No "Casa no Jinx" this Friday, due to the holidays, "dat itis", and stuff, but best believe that following Friday is going down!!!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:15:30 PM by jinxhand »

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 22, 2012, 08:56:52 AM »
December 1st seems to be the date for the next Oceanside tournament. Hopefully they have king of fighters 13 there again.

I'll post up about it as soon as they announce it. 

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 23, 2012, 11:32:28 AM »
Yea man. We gotta get on that TMNT:TF next time, for sure!
PSN: jasemac

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 23, 2012, 09:37:42 PM »
CO is actually going to open up for another fight night tomorrow night starting at 7oclock. Any of you guys interested in going?

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 25, 2012, 07:37:27 AM »
"Casa no Jinx: Round 3" goes down on the 30th (730pm-whenever)... I'll put King on my team and see how she fairs out... Been actually practicing with her... Anyway, copy/paste effort below...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Copied from VFDC:

Despite me not being able to hit up WNF til the week of the 2nd, I do plan on hosting at my place (Casa no Jinx) this Friday, the 30th, from 730pm til whenever you cats decide to roll out...

Last time I hosted, I had a good number of people, though most were there for KOF, we did do other fighters (TTT2, AH3, SFEX2+, etc), and VF was no exception.

As always, if you have a setup, feel free to haul it, but you're not obligated to do so. I welcome everyone, so please bring a friend or 2, even if they don't play VF. Chances are I have the game they play, and if not, they're welcome to bring either the game, and/or a setup for it. At one point in the evening I busted out my SNES for TMNT:TF. Yeah I have love for all fighters, or at the very least respect...

I have 1 x360 and 1 ps3 setup, with a spare tv for whatever. If you have a ps3 stick or a ps2 stick with a converter, bring that with you, because sadly I only have 1 ps3 stick, and I haven't had time to "fix" my hrap2.

Seriously though, if you have friends who play other fighters, bring them, too.. I don't wanna leave other scenes out just because they don't play VF... With Frubble down, and Cosmic Odyssey being "sometimey" I don't want our options to diminish. I'll help scenes out when I can despite my hectic schedule, and the time is now...

If you need my addy and/or my number, feel free to pm me, or if you're on twitter, hit me up with a dm (@jinxhand). Lastly, spread the word!!! Thanks.

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 29, 2012, 03:19:16 AM »
Was a little late getting it done but I posted up about the meet up this friday on the san diego fight scene facebook page.

I'll see you guys friday :)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 29, 2012, 05:03:46 AM »
Word up!!!

For real though, I wanna get down on some old school KOF...

Oh yeah, I guess I can throw some "Capcomians" a bone and have a 3S setup, maybe SF4 (ugh) if there's room for a setup... I won't have to worry about a VF setup since there's someone bringing one...

I will record since I finally got the crap to work...

MoTW anyone???

UPDATE: The session is still going down. I currently have 3 people for VF, so that ultimately makes at least 4 (maybe 5) people. Let's get those KOF numbers up too, or any other game for that matter. I'm still down for teaching cats VF if interested.

If you're down for pitching in for pizza, lemme know. Other than that, there's a Jack n' the box, and a few other places you cats can hit up if you want grub. There's also McGonagle's, but that's near Cosmic Odyssey.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:22:06 AM by jinxhand »

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 30, 2012, 07:40:05 AM »
I managed to get one guy interested off facebook and I gave him the address.

ALso, how much do you want for the pizza? I'll be glad to pitch some moneys to help out,

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 01, 2012, 01:47:35 AM »
I managed to get one guy interested off facebook and I gave him the address.

ALso, how much do you want for the pizza? I'll be glad to pitch some moneys to help out,

Whatever you want is cool... I'm getting some pizza around 5-6ish so that there's at least something here for cats to grub on...

Seems like we're getting good numbers for both VF and KOF... Again, if you wanna hit up other games, by all means bring it, and we can get down on some matches...

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 02, 2012, 01:26:29 AM »
Fun times last night!

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 02, 2012, 04:26:40 AM »
Session was mad fun!!! Seems like Tournament Fighters is the game everyone was on. I might have to get my pc setup for the game so we can use sticks next time.

I started to remember a few Armaggon tricks, so next time it's definitely on!!! I am finally glad to see Chrome Dome being used properly though...

I'm also glad to see Melty Blood get some play... Now I have a reason to practice that...

Didn't get a chance to test that King out yet... I'm starting to realize I might not need her though... We'll see...

Peace!!!

oh yeah, enjoy:

Jeron (AR) vs Zar (LE) - TeamSp00ky 2006
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:49:02 AM by jinxhand »

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 02, 2012, 06:37:02 AM »
I am going to not be lazy and use this rest of the weekend/week and get my studying and final projects out of the way to clear up the next weekend. We had a good turnout friday and I hope to get another one going again.

kof/tmnt:tf/ttt2/vf5 a go go?

hell maybe next time I'll even get on that melty blood and try to mash out some more.

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 02, 2012, 08:54:51 AM »
Yeah thanks for hosting jinx. TMNT: TF was awesome!
PSN: jasemac

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 03, 2012, 01:06:25 AM »
I almost forgot, this might help some learning MBAACC:

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Melty_Blood/Moons

There's more on the wiki of course, but since you guys seem to have a general understanding of the basics I figured this might help you make a better moon selection based on pros/cons & your character playstyle.

Also, amongst the TF hype, this video wasn't finished being watched (lol):

NWM4 - Mystery Game Grand Finals - Nidhogg - Heavy D (ORG) vs LordBBH (YEL)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 01:14:46 AM by jinxhand »