Author Topic: San Diego CA  (Read 113102 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: San Diego CA
« Reply #540 on: January 28, 2013, 08:51:03 AM »
Hey Im Mark aka Sir_Loin I play KOF on occasions and wouldnt mind some casuals. I also have a few friends that would be willing to play aswell.

Welcome Sir_Loin!!! You're in luck if you're down for KOF matches!!! There's both Oceanside Fight Club (OFC), and San Diego Fight Club (SFC), and I usually host sessions at my garage on Fridays whenever I can. If you play other SNK fighters, I can accommodate that as well-- Garou MOTW is getting some play quite a bit at my place, and I have older KOF games (98UM, 02UM, KOFNW)... I might host this Friday, so if you're free, come on through...

GGs to all who came through last Friday, especially in MOTW!!! I know I gotta step up in P4U, but that will come eventually... I think I worried too much about combo execution in that game than any other... Oh well...

@jjsmack - Yo that Kevin game stepped up like crazy!!! I gotta show you something rq:

Raging Storm 2009 Phoenix Garou MOTW Grand Finals: Nocturnal vs. Giby

The rest is on YT still...

I gotta get some P4U matches in with ya, too!!!

@Wallice - Thanks for making that trip down to Casa no Jinx!!! Great matches, especially in MB... Oh yeah, C-Kouma's rekkas can end with an air grab, and allow you to extend your combos... I was messing with him in training mode, and came across that... What's your most damaging combo with him???

Those who didn't make it, no sweat... Next Friday might go down, I'll let you cats know wassup...

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 31, 2013, 02:18:29 AM »
hey everyone, what is going down for the weekend? Jinx are you hosting friday night again? I want to get some vf5 in with you this time. If not jinxhands then I think saltmines is starting to have some sort of anime night fridays also.

OFC still going down saturday too.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:21:01 AM by Rhythmaxed »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 31, 2013, 02:52:05 AM »
Yeah Friday is going down at my place... I'm down for helping you guys learn VF still... Just lemme know wassup...

Speaking of VF, I dunno if you guys checked this out or not, but those interested in learning VF can hit this up: http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/index/

It's easy to understand, too, which is a plus...

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 31, 2013, 07:44:55 AM »
Count me in for Friday, and I plan on going to OFC as well.
PSN: jasemac

DooDaHumptyHump

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • stream
« Reply #544 on: February 01, 2013, 11:13:54 AM »
Hey guys, I've been busy lately with school but it looks like I'll have Friday night free, so hopefully I can make it to Jinx's place.
PSN: DooDaHumptyHump
stream: www.twitch.tv/doodahumptyhump

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 02, 2013, 10:56:34 PM »
Gg's last night, you guys. I'm really liking all the MotW action.

P.S. Trefoils are the greatest.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 03, 2013, 09:35:12 AM »
Hey thanks SD for the tournament! Look forward to playing you guys again! Once again GG!

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 03, 2013, 11:33:50 PM »
Yeah man, it was good to have you guys come down and play with us!

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 05, 2013, 06:22:36 AM »
Anybody friends with the anime fight crew that play at the saltmines? Ask them if they don't mind us playing kof at their night for casuals? Or are we going to just keep playing at jinx's house?

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 05, 2013, 06:22:49 PM »
Props to all who came this past Friday. Glad to get some VF in even though it wasn't too long. Also glad to get some SG and MoTW in as well.

As stated on Friday, I wouldn't mind showing up at saltmines an doing sessions there if allowed. I'm not sure what their plans are as of yet, but we should be able to hold something. I wanna showcase several games in conjunction with KoF. Right now, my sights are for MoTW, KoF XIII and 02UM and of course VF5FS. SG needs some love too. I'm still down for helping cats learn whatever game as well.

If we can't have sessions there, Casa no Jinx will be open.

Lets try to get in touch with the owner and post up our findings.

Rhythmaxed, I've got some Brad stuff to show you next time.

Oh yeah, is KoF even considered "anime"??? The info on the SRK thread says Air Dasher/Anime fighters welcomed. Iunno at this point if KoF falls in that category per sé.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 06:49:33 PM by jinxhand »

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 06, 2013, 02:44:59 AM »
The SD Dustloop guys are pretty cool. I'm 99% sure they would be fine with us joining them at a Saltmines Friday session. Actually I've been meaning to make a dustloop account so I can contact them.

DooDaHumptyHump

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • stream
« Reply #551 on: February 07, 2013, 02:30:44 PM »
I'm definitely down for Friday Jinx sessions at the Saltmines.  The Dustloop guys are cool, and I'll bring my PS3 to see if I can use a monitor there for another setup for KOF/VF5/GG/AH3/Gundam.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 07, 2013, 06:20:39 PM »
I'm definitely down for Friday Jinx sessions at the Saltmines.  The Dustloop guys are cool, and I'll bring my PS3 to see if I can use a monitor there for another setup for KOF/VF5/GG/AH3/Gundam.

I gotta ask this and it might be obvious, but do you play JJBA???

DooDaHumptyHump

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • stream
« Reply #553 on: February 07, 2013, 10:15:43 PM »
I've played Jojo's but I never really got into it and learned it.  Maybe one of these days I'll go back and play more of it since the game is a lot of fun and I'm a big fan of the manga.  I am looking forward to Jojo's All Star Battle even though it probably won't be a competitive game.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 07, 2013, 11:32:11 PM »
I've played Jojo's but I never really got into it and learned it.  Maybe one of these days I'll go back and play more of it since the game is a lot of fun and I'm a big fan of the manga.  I am looking forward to Jojo's All Star Battle even though it probably won't be a competitive game.

I'm bringing both my Ps3 and Xbox (which has jjba) so we can get matches in that and I can show you what I know.