Author Topic: KOF 98 (and not only) player's guide/tips and tricks.  (Read 14574 times)

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
KOF 98 (and not only) player's guide/tips and tricks.
« on: January 13, 2011, 05:14:03 PM »
I have started to write a general beginner's guide to kof but most of my examples and experience comes from kof 98 so i think this is the best place to post it.I hope you find it usefull and also i expect feedback to change or add certain things in the future.
I try to keep it as simple and less boring as possible but also informative and practical.
So if you are interested in certain stuff/characters/examples that you want me to include in future parts post your questions here.I hope next part will come with video examples...but that depends on my free time.

Part 1 can be found here: http://blacknoah.blogspot.com/2011/01/introduction-to-kof-part-1.html

enjoy
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 05:39:59 PM by KBlackNoah »

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
Re: KOF 98 (and not only) player's guide/tips and tricks.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 05:03:10 AM »
I can only think of a couple uses for someone to cancel a CD attack. Like Clark, no good there. Iori, and Kyo have good specials(both of their qcf + A) give them good space and will punish jumpers.

You want to get good at KoF learn block strings, good pressure can lock someone down. Find frame traps to score counter hits. Develop a good high low mixup game, you don't want to use the same option over and over.

I don't mean to shit on your article, but I'm an observationalist and its what I see in high level play.
Just Don't look in the trunk...