Author Topic: I would love to see a series of videos like this one  (Read 3271 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I would love to see a series of videos like this one
« on: January 14, 2011, 08:02:50 PM »
I don't know why I got this idea, but maybe my favorite combo video is this one from 2002UM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV03711OQGM

So I thought that it will be a cool idea that the page created this kind of combo video for every KOF to had them at their database, basically, it shows 3 combos per character, one very basic, other for intermediate players and the last one for advanced players.

It will be very simple and visually very useful

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: I would love to see a series of videos like this one
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 05:51:15 AM »
yeah i would like to see more videos like this as well i have a hard to learning combos by looking at list

krazykone123

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 06:13:57 PM »
I'll see what I can do, got any first requests? because I'm getting more time off from work and my capture card is hooked up like all the time now so I can churn out videos more often now.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 12:58:10 AM »
It would be kinda cool to not only see the basic/intermediate/advance combos in a video, but rather see how practical they are in a real match, and what options are available upon successful execution (i.e. - full meter, okizeme options, etc)...

I would also love to see a match broken down the way Gootecks and other SF-affilliates break certain high level matches down so that its understandable to the viewer... "Why did this person combo with this??", or "why did he break the combo and not finish it??" These are things that can help all KoF players think outside the box and step their game up overall... I see tons of combo vids and CMVs, and even a bunch of match vids get put on the table, but not enough digestion per sé -- well at least I don't see it...

But in even with all of that said, an understandable combo vid would be a good stepping stone for players who are familiar with the game, but haven't had the stones to pick it up and learn it... I personally would like to see a vid with Ryo, because he's basic (read - easy to play with), and he's a good example of displaying "links vs chain" combos... Actually, you can replace that with EX Takuma, just because his projectile actually goes somewhere, and he has an easy chain ( ;dn ;b , ;dn ;a , st. ;a , st. ;b )... Plus off of his ;db ~ ;fd + ;d , he has an easy option ( ;fd ;bk ;fd + ;a ) and a more difficult option ( ;fd + ;a , ;df + ;b )...

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 12:51:18 PM »
3 factors - Time, Knowledge and resources.

I find Kof so indepth that it would be SOOO hard to bring out a vid that showcase all viable options / exploits and different routes to achieving them. Like kof has different frames when characters get up from knockdown, so there would be alot of work to invest in showcasing what would be best thing to do or what you could do. Reminds me of Yun from 3s since doing his Genai jin results in doing different combos depending on your opponents character....Thats alot of stuff to remember.

Tbh, unless people are super hardcore the time and effort to make something like that wouldnt really be worth it. Like I was going to make a kof XI bible (tentative name) years ago but stopped cos I was missing some of the factors I stated above. Plus the game was dying so no point.

Dune's O Yash is a good example but im sure there are things that he could of added. If it was a actual job to do this, then that would be a different story. Atm, those master classes are the closes things to what you are asking for....

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 06:37:18 PM »
Well I mean I'm not suggesting something that is so indepth, just general options and setups to get people seeing how a character can truly be used... Just have something that can show a player what can be done, but leave enough room for them to try to figure out other things for themselves... Its kinda like how in some combo videos the performer will display that you can hit a character in the air after doing this combo... That should get the viewer thinking "what other moves hit in the air", or even "what other setups could come from this"...

I don't expect this for some games seeing as they've been out for so long... But XIII would be the best game to do this with pending the console release... Maybe even 2k2UM since there still life in it... It would be great if this were a joint effort also, if this were ever to happen...