Author Topic: FBANext for PS3 using Jailbreak  (Read 5510 times)

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
FBANext for PS3 using Jailbreak
« on: January 14, 2011, 09:36:56 PM »
A very detailed guide can be found in the video description.Just follow the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNCkQ7GA_yg

i don't know how well it works because i am just doing this as we speak.I tought others might be interested in this  ;)

jedpossum

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: FBANext for PS3 using Jailbreak
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 01:24:46 AM »
A port got done quicker then I thought it would i was thinking it would take a week longer. I wonder when mame will get ported.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 01:46:54 PM »
I had a little problem with the rom folder but in the end everything works great!only gripe i have is that i cannot play full screen .. other than that it's a must have for everyone.Also it supports 2 players

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 05:29:46 PM »
I hate this Jailbreak business. SNK is once again going to be screwed over by emulation as those interested in NeoGeo Station titles will more than likely pirate instead of buying the games. Also, this will probably kill the region free system approach Sony implemented with the PS3. There's really no need to jailbreak the PS3 other than to pirate.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 08:03:45 PM »
I hate this Jailbreak business. SNK is once again going to be screwed over by emulation as those interested in NeoGeo Station titles will more than likely pirate instead of buying the games. Also, this will probably kill the region free system approach Sony implemented with the PS3. There's really no need to jailbreak the PS3 other than to pirate.
to be honest dude i really dont think people are gonna pirate any neo geo station games

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 08:14:48 PM »
@nilcam

I think snkp should get their ass and make some good games and stop waiting to make profit from the old snk titles.I bought almost every compilation put out by snkp including that awfull XII and i am not gonna buy those titles forever(that snk station is a big joke if you ask me..unless they put some good titles like kof 98 UM or 2002um).If someone wants to pirate or use it for emulation is their problem.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 09:13:05 PM »
@nilcam

I think snkp should get their ass and make some good games and stop waiting to make profit from the old snk titles.I bought almost every compilation put out by snkp including that awfull XII and i am not gonna buy those titles forever(that snk station is a big joke if you ask me..unless they put some good titles like kof 98 UM or 2002um).If someone wants to pirate or use it for emulation is their problem.
i think its a pretty good chance that 98 and 02 and i dont think its snk's fault from what i hear its more sony's fault

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 08:10:29 PM »

Good point but I'll rather have 100 people playing KOF by any means than 5 that can only affort it or can get the game. I know piracy is a controversial subject but I don't think it should be ignored or prohibited.

What I can tell you is that in Mexico they are so good at KOF and have such a huge KOF community because they have a bootleg version of the game on every block. Now they have KOF XIII bootleg so I expect to be better than the US shortly.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 12:52:11 AM »
There is a KOF13 bootleg already?! Geez! is nothing safe from pirating these days?

Dark Geese

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 10:23:40 PM »
There is a KOF13 bootleg already?! Geez! is nothing safe from pirating these days?

I gave you guys the heads up about that in the Battle 4 Mexico 2010 thread, remember? I knew that was happening DAYS after I got back to the USA from that tournament!  I told you guys Kula had been playing KOF13...and now they have an official arcade in downtown Mexico City and even Luis Cha and others have been playing it, Kula has been maining 13 for quite sometime now.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:26:38 PM by Dark Geese »

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 02:03:05 PM »
coughcoughhowmuchisthebootleginmexico(including the board)coughcough* man i need to stop smoking

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 05:59:44 PM »
coughcoughhowmuchisthebootleginmexico(including the board)coughcough* man i need to stop smoking

Don't worry about openly talking about this subject, I know a lot of forums have a very strict rules about piracy talk but since SNKP is fucking up they leave us no other option.

However!!! DN NOT POST ANY LINKS ON THE BOARDS ON HOW TO GET THIS THINGS, PM IF NEEDED.

BTW I hear it's running on a computer not a Taito Board.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 06:11:37 PM »

Don't worry about openly talking about this subject, I know a lot of forums have a very strict rules about piracy talk but since SNKP is fucking up they leave us no other option.

Really? Oh hell yea.

LETS BOOTLEG THAT SHIT MY *****S!!!!!!!!!! WE GOTS NO CHOICE!

excuse me. LOL.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

krazykone123

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 06:34:17 PM »
Time for me to upgrade my PS3 HDD.

jedpossum

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 07:18:09 PM »
BTW I hear it's running on a computer not a Taito Board.

The taito type x2 and a pc are the same really.

http://img.hexus.net/v2/internationalevents/computex2007/JARS/Thursday/DSCF4004_cropped-big.jpg

Just need to mod the exe and make a program to allow your inputs.