Author Topic: When will we see...? (General suggestions thread)  (Read 34918 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: When will we see...? (General suggestions thread)
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 02:57:50 PM »
I've added the Offline Matchmaking board beneath the Online Matchmaking board. That seems to be a good place for it.

I've disabled the karma system.

I'm going to keep the XII forum for a little while as I know a few players who just got into KoF because they found XII very cheap. I want them to have easy access to that. If it no one uses it for a month or so, I'll delete it.

SMF does not automatically keep sent PMs. You have to check the box at the bottom of the email that says save to outbox. I have not yet found a way to modify that.

I'm looking into the location display. Edit: Location added.

When something is posted on the homepage, I put the timezone. If it's in the forums that may not happen but I'll definitely encourage it.

I still have not found a way to direct link to posts. Still looking.

I'm trying my best to keep up with these requests but I've been pretty busy. I finished posting all of the XIII movelists that users had not yet filled in last night and that was quite a feat.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 03:17:23 PM by nilcam »

Ace London

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 09:06:55 PM »
How soon would we see a Dream Cancel youtube channel? If THE ANSWER's direct feed videos of 13 should debut there, that would definitely generate more traffic here.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 11:35:59 PM »
THE ANSWER has his own YouTube page. I'm sure he would prefer to have his videos there as he's doing the work and deserves the credit. The problem is that I have no real way to capture footage of XIII. I don't live near any nice arcades and it doesn't make sense to host a video on a YouTube page that can be found elsewhere on YouTube.

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 08:12:51 PM »
not sure if there's a webpage or forum that has Arcade Cabinet locations. Also thinking of starting Region Specific Threads similar to what SRK does (tho just one thread instead of a subforum) could be a decent start

Anakron

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 06:34:29 PM »
Is it possible at all to get rid of the ugly prefixes before the topic names?

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 08:12:23 PM »
Is it possible at all to get rid of the ugly prefixes before the topic names?

I'm going to look into it. I like the function but the icon is pretty ugly. I'm still working on the direct link to post. There's a lot of documentation to get through but know that I haven't forgotten it.

Parapets

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 08:19:17 PM »
I've used a few SMF forums before, so I can help out with a couple of the issues.

If you want to be directed back to your posts after you make them, go into your profile, go to Look and Layout Preferences, and check "Return to topics after posting by default."

In order to link to a specific post, you can grab the link from the icon at the top-left corner of each post. It doesn't separate the post from the rest of the thread, but it will automatically scroll to it.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 09:22:25 PM »
Thanks, Parapets. I didn't know about the direct link thing so that's very helpful.

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 08:40:55 AM »
I think we need to have a trend explaning the code words use in kof and fighting games in genral like dustloop has on their forum. stuff like what is a dream cancel,max cancel,waking up(not in the mood to spell that long japnase word for waking up), ect
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???

JeremyH

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 08:57:58 PM »
The white and light blue is a good start, I'm curious though, are there plans for a darker layout at all?  A few sites have different options for folks who don't like reading black text on bright backgrounds, so an alternative would be nice

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 10:20:02 PM »
If I can find a nice dark theme, I'll install it and allow users to change their theme.

Parapets

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 04:03:30 AM »
Would it be possible to add a field for Skype in our contact information? I think it could be useful for us when playing against each other over GGPO.

JeremyH

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 08:32:35 AM »
I'm not sure how exactly you pick and add new themes, but in the interest of trying to help, I did a little searching on my own

Perhaps something like this

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2240

with maybe iori as the background?  I myself have generated a few fuckaround forums before, but nothing in smf, so I'm not sure exactly how you have it setup, but I do like the small kula pic, it's a nice touch.  So when I saw this theme I thought iori

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 07:35:03 PM »
Would be nice to have the option of choosing a theme that resembles each KOF XIII character's color palette.

Parapets

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2010, 07:26:44 PM »
We should delete the KOF XII board. It's not being used.