Author Topic: When will we see...? (General suggestions thread)  (Read 34902 times)

Neithan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: When will we see...? (General suggestions thread)
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2010, 11:06:08 AM »
About the wiki, I have a suggestion. We just launch ours on our website, unfortunatly it's in french (kof is not very popular so we made it in french for everyone here to understand) so you can't copy/paste but you can do some things :

- The movelist are done. Some are in french, some in english as the translator didn't finish the job (and there is a notation problem in the english ones with LP, LK notations instead of  ;a  ;b  ;c  ;d).
Exemple of movelist in english( http://basgrospoing.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Kyo-1_(2k2um) )  and in french ( http://basgrospoing.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Orochi_Chris_(2k2um) ). You can take the movelists on our wiki and retranslate it in english. The only things you have to do is translating "proche" to "close, "ou" to "or", "chope" to "Throws".

- The main system of 2k2um is done in french and we wrote it ourselves as we could not find a true good english tutorial. So if you find someone that can translate it from french to english don't hesitate to do it.

Here is the wiki : http://basgrospoing.fr/wiki/index.php?title=The_King_of_Fighters_2k2:_Unlimited_Match

Hope this will help you a bit. ;)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2010, 03:09:12 PM »
Thanks for the offer. I'll check it out.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2010, 09:27:04 PM »
Hey Nilcam, I didn't know where to post this originally but here is a good interview by tournament organizer digimonemperor who talks a bit about the KOF/SNK scene in the midwest and USA as a whole:

http://www.powerupfighters.com/2010/11/powerup-episode-40-webster/

"Webster gives an introduction the Midwest/U.S. KOF/SNK scene. I'm looking forward to more KOF player podcasts in the future!" - Osirun from SRK

:)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

krazykone123

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2010, 05:09:09 PM »
Hey Nilcam, I didn't know where to post this originally but here is a good interview by tournament organizer digimonemperor who talks a bit about the KOF/SNK scene in the midwest and USA as a whole:

http://www.powerupfighters.com/2010/11/powerup-episode-40-webster/

"Webster gives an introduction the Midwest/U.S. KOF/SNK scene. I'm looking forward to more KOF player podcasts in the future!" - Osirun from SRK

:)

Digi makes a lot of good points

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2010, 03:52:27 AM »
Here is another KOF/SNK themed podcast by Osirun:

http://www.powerupfighters.com/2010/11/powerup-episode-41-syxx-with-a-kofsnk-introduction/

"Syxx talks more KOF/SNK and gives an introductory breakdown of some of the system mechanics. Great to listen to if you're starting to get interested in playing KOF! Of course we also get into the KOF/SNK scene and all the ins and outs. Enjoy the podcast and look forward to more KOF/SNK throughout the next couple months."

krazykone123

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2010, 09:25:27 AM »
Here is another KOF/SNK themed podcast by Osirun:

http://www.powerupfighters.com/2010/11/powerup-episode-41-syxx-with-a-kofsnk-introduction/

"Syxx talks more KOF/SNK and gives an introductory breakdown of some of the system mechanics. Great to listen to if you're starting to get interested in playing KOF! Of course we also get into the KOF/SNK scene and all the ins and outs. Enjoy the podcast and look forward to more KOF/SNK throughout the next couple months."

Great episode, syxx sounds exactly like a guy I work with lol.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2010, 09:55:48 PM »
I liked the podcast with Syxx... I will say that throw breaks do occur quite often in KoF, maybe not in North America, but elsewhere they do... Other than that, it was dope.

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2010, 04:57:28 AM »
How about a section where we can discuss other fighting games. something like a Misc fighting game section.
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2010, 04:14:59 PM »
How about a section where we can discuss other fighting games. something like a Misc fighting game section.

This question comes up a lot. The last time we discussed it, we decided to stay specific for now but maybe in the future we would add it. I like that this community is very focused. When I was active at Cyberfanatix, it was always annoying that there was more activity about SFIV than the series the site was dedicated to. The idea behind Dream Cancel was to create a KOF specific place since there are very few other dedicated sites and SRK basically pushed all SNK games into a sub sub forum.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2010, 05:19:44 PM »
There is a way to add some sort of section where people can find immediate store links (amazon) to buy KOF games?

Also, is there a way to show a map of all the USA players? Like Frappr but that site is down.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2010, 07:15:52 AM »
maybe a general chatting thread?

it's kinda hard to get to know some of you dudes if we always just talk about KOF

edit: nvm looks like someone made one already
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:05:57 PM by Xxenace »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2010, 08:48:36 PM »
If time is allowed can get work together to get an extensive video with commentary about a specific character in a match, kinda like option-select.com??? It would be dope to see vids breaking down characters and why certain players use certain strats or combos... It would help the newcomers understand more about the game as well, and probably increase their skill once they start to apply the new-found knowledge...

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2010, 09:05:10 PM »
Real quick, can we get an E button for games like KOFNW, NGBC, and some Samsho games???

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2010, 09:44:01 PM »
 ;e

Done!

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2010, 12:27:11 AM »
Domo arigato gozaimasu!!! I think I've got one last request, unless its already available... Can we put these button inputs on the wiki, since I think translating this over to an actual post would be way quicker (minus a few editing and deleting the ='s)??? Just curious if that's even possible...