Author Topic: KOF 98UM - Geese  (Read 4893 times)

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
KOF 98UM - Geese
« on: October 02, 2010, 09:56:21 AM »

Throws
Tate Katate Nage -  ;bk/ ;fd;c/ ;d (close)

Command Normals
Raikou Mawashi Geri:  ;fd;b
Raimei Gouha Nage:  ;df;c

Special Moves
Reppuken:  ;dn ;df ;fd;a
Double Reppuken:  ;dn ;df ;fd;c
Shippuken: air  ;dn ;db ;bk;a/ ;c
Jaei Ken:  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk;a/ ;c
Hishou Nichiringan:  ;fd ;dn ;df;a/ ;c
Joudan Atemi Nage:  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk;b
Chuudan Atemi Nage:  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk;d
Gedan Atemi Nage:  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd;b
Shinkuu Nage:  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk;fd;a/ ;c

DM
Raging Storm:  ;db, ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk, ;df;a/ ;c
Deadly Rave:   ;dn ;df ;fd, ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk;a/ ;c

Throws
Tate Katate Nage - b/f+C/D - D version switches sides, both leave the opponent facing you.

Command Normals
Raikou Mawashi Geri - f+B - doesn't combo from anything, not cancelable, disadvantage when blocked unless spaced perfectly where it will be neutral.
Raimei Gouha Nage - df+C on downed - OTG throw, only guaranteed off hcb+K but can be used after a number of moves if the opponent doesn't recovery roll (does not work after throw or Raging Storm). Switches sides, terrible recovery.

Special Moves
Reppuken - qcf+A - combos from lights, absorbs projectiles, disadvantage on block.
Double Reppuken - qcf+C - combos from lights, absorbs projectiles, moves forward during startup, almost neutral on block (-1 or -2) with no pushback in the corner.
Shippuken - air qcb+P - can't be done from a hop/dash, gives enough frame advantage to combo afterwards if done late (there is a minimum height for it to come out though). Only cancellable into from vertical j.C.
Jaei Ken - hcb+P - A version combos from heavy attacks. C version is slower startup but better recovery (both still punishable on block).
Hishou Nichiringan - dp+P - A version combos from lights, C version combos from heavy attacks. Horrible on block.
Joudan Atemi Nage - hcb+B - counters jumping attacks and physical specials/DMs and sets up df+C.
Chuudan Atemi Nage - hcb+D - counters mid-level normals and sets up df+C. Can be used to beat CD counters if you know it's coming.
Gedan Atemi Nage - hcf+B - counters low attacks and sets up a juggle. Can be quickmaxed.
Shinkuu Nage - hcb,f+P - instant command throw with horrible recovery after it connects. Don't use this when you are too close to the corner as the opponent can combo you before you recover.

DM
Raging Storm - db,hcb,df+P - combos from lights, full invincibility at startup. The cage absorbs normal and some DM projectiles. Can juggle after if it hits really late.
Deadly Rave - qcf,hcp+P - combos from lights, C version travels fullscreen. Does slightly less damage than Raging Storm.

Combos
Normal
- c.B, c.A, c.A, far s.B
- c.B, c.A, qcf+C (can add another c.A, but the second slash will whiff unless in the corner)
- c.B, c.A, hcb,f+P
- j.C/j.B, s.C, dp+C/hcb+A (dp+C does more damage and better oki but will whiff if previous part pushed back too far (e.g. maxmode, poor jump angle)
- hcf+B, j.CD (or dp+P in corner)
- hcb+C, s.C/c.C/s.B (corner only)

(S)DM (Raging Storm gives slightly better damage as a payoff for the harder execution)
- c.B, c.A, (c.A/s.A), either (S)DM
- j.C/j.B, s.C, either (S)DM
- hcf+B, qcf,hcb+P (S)DM midscreen or db,hcb,df+P (S)DM in corner.

Quick Max
- c.B, c.A, QM, walk s.C/c.C, hcb+A or (S)DM (omit the c.A and you don't need to walk)
- c.B, c.A, c.A/s.A, QM, far s.C/c.D
- j.C/j.B, s.C, dp+C, QM, dp+A or either (S)DM (must be in the corner for the final part)
- c.B, c.A, dp+A, QM, either (S)DM (corner only)
- hcb+C, QM, dp+A or either (S)DM (corner only)
- hcf+B, dp+C, QM, either (S)DM (corner only)

Quick Dodge
- f+B, QD, qcf,hcb+P (S)DM

Misc
- s.D [1 hit], AB, hcb,f+P
- s.CD counterhit, s.C or qcf,hcb+P DM (corner only)
- j.CD counterhit, qcf,hcb+P (fast enough to confirm midscreen)

Notes
- j.B is a crossup (j.A will work on some chars but j.B is just a better move). j.B and vertical j.C are instant overheads (j.C only on large crouchers).
- s.A and far s.A whiff on crouchers. close s.C will whiff on small crouchers like Choi/Chin.
- s.CD is neutral on block.
- c.D is cancellable, but not to command normals.
- Only the first hitbox of c.C is cancellable, the part where his arm is fully raised is not.
- His counters have startup and will not work as reversals in meaty situations.

Zabel: I will do one for EX Geese soon. Sorry, I misunderstood your PM... :P
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:24:45 PM by desmond_kof »

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF 98UM - Geese
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 07:56:59 PM »
Watching some combo videos which always mix some practical combos with others that are almost impossible to do in battle, I saw one where Geese did his normal throw in the corner, he hit a raging storm, the opponent was throw to the air, and he connected another raging storm

I thought that this was a kind of bug where after the throw, the raging storm will be unblockable, but I tried on Practice mode, and the opponent always blocked the raging storm, so I want to know if it's possilbe to do this combo, or it was just for the purpose of the combo video

Waifu Material

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 02:05:08 AM »
It is possible but it's not practical. If you hit the Raging Storm in the last few active frames, you will recover in time to hit them with another move e.g. another Raging Storm. The only way this could happen in a match is if someone tries to punish you too early and runs/jumps into the last couple of frames (they'd have to be in the corner as well).

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 02:28:31 AM »
Thanks for all this info, and sorry for the misunderstanding earlier, should have worded myself better.

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 07:28:50 AM »
Some Geese stuff I did when the game was first out. Might help some people

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 11:38:39 PM »
I know EX Geese is stronger than normal Geese (unless someone can prove me otherwise)... What in particular makes this Geese worth playing??? You have to get in close for reppukens to be effective, and his air fireballs can't be used in certain situations, unlike EX Geese's air fireball(s)... Does this Geese have to be played totally different, or are there just a few differences in strats/playstyle???

Dark Geese

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 04:54:51 PM »
I know EX Geese is stronger than normal Geese (unless someone can prove me otherwise)... What in particular makes this Geese worth playing??? You have to get in close for reppukens to be effective, and his air fireballs can't be used in certain situations, unlike EX Geese's air fireball(s)... Does this Geese have to be played totally different, or are there just a few differences in strats/playstyle???

I wouldnt go that far. Regular Geese and EX Geese I would say are about even. I wouldn't say EX is stronger than regular, they both are used for different things.

Regular has stronger supers, Raging Storm has complete invincibility, Deadly Rave is good for long range punishing, Double Reppukens are good for corner trapping, regular reppuken is good for mixing up with the regular reppuken trapping game esp when your opponent has meter.

EX Geese lacks the supers with high priority, but he is good for zoning, he is a zoning character. So both depend on your style and who you are facing.

For example vs. Kula, I am probably NOT going to pick EX Geese because of the fact that vs. me Kula starts with Krauser, and Krauser vs. EX Geese Krauser shuts EX Geese down with Kaiser Wave. Krauser also can go over EX Geese's regular reppuken with dp+D.

Regular Geese has to get in close to Krauser for that matter.

More to come later gotta go to work.

-DG
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:56:15 AM by Dark Geese »

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 05:15:51 PM »
It's me or geese is way better with run instead of dash?

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 07:22:25 PM »
Yeah for this Geese, running seems better... If it were EX Geese, I'd switch to dash, because his super can be buffered into it easily...

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 08:06:34 PM »
I use it specially to connect his OTG move

Y do ff, then put df and paf, almost always connects the OTG

With dash I had way more problems, also, with run I can do better pressure

Waifu Material

Dark Geese

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 08:30:54 PM »
Yeah people ADV or modes with that to run with, but you sacrifice having the instant meter, so I gladly sacrifice that to have instant meter when I need it. Its better for regular Geese (running) because he has more options, for EX Geese you don't really need to run (even with the command grab) EX Geese is mostly about fireball zoning/pressure.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 10:13:52 PM »
Can you fallbreaker/ground tech after any of his counters? To avoid getting hit by the df+C?

The reason I'm asking this because I remember in a video Dark Geese posted saying that people usually don't tech after the counter, so they always get hit with the follow up. I don't remember which one.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:23:56 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Dark Geese

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 10:58:26 PM »
Can you fallbreaker/ground tech after any of his counters? To avoid getting hit by the df+C?

The reason I'm asking this because I remember in a video Dark Geese posted saying that people usually don't tech after the counter, so they always get hit with the follow up. I don't remember which one.

You cannot tech after high or mid counter from Geese, but I believe you can from a low counter but bottom line is if they land a low counter they have enough time to combo into super, highly unlikely someone is going to land a low counter with Geese to try and setup the OTG, it is techable I believe.

There are certain scenarios that people do not tech after with Geese that I believe they should....which translates into OTG when most people that know better wouldn't get hit by it.

I taught this to Dojo Destroyer in Mexico..he tried to land the OTG after a particular special Deadly Rave I believe and he got punished because the opponent teched it, thus it came out as a Cr.C and he got punished (High counter is guaranteed, mid counter is guaranteed, everything else is NOT including Deadly Rave).

People need to know what to tech and what you can't tech playing with Geese or OTG is free, and that teaches bad habits!!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 11:01:29 PM by Dark Geese »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 02:29:34 AM »
Is there any disadvantages or traps people can set with Geese if they do tech any of his attacks?

Also, this is a side note, but how I'm I don't see any EXTRA mode players (full EXTRA, not ultimate) in Mexico?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Dark Geese

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 04:51:42 PM »
Is there any disadvantages or traps people can set with Geese if they do tech any of his attacks?

Also, this is a side note, but how I'm I don't see any EXTRA mode players (full EXTRA, not ultimate) in Mexico?

Well depending on the character their tech is either fast or slow, so basically I prefer the person to tech because this is not KOFXI, you can only tech one way, and if I knock you in the corner you will tech and..still be in the corner. If the character has a long tech then you can hit them with a command grab if you time it right and punish them at the end of their tech but this takes practice. Also I wouldn't personally want to hit them with a command grab because this will throw them out of the corner!

I do not know much about  EXTRA players in Mexico, most of them use Advanced because most of them are OG 98 players. I personally do not see a need for Extra when you can get that and more in ULT mode.