Author Topic: Why does it seem like BlazBlue gets a lot of hate?  (Read 15217 times)

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Why does it seem like BlazBlue gets a lot of hate?
« on: January 26, 2011, 05:17:00 AM »
I never played the game so I can't form an opinion of it. However, what I have seen from videos it seems like it's almost too easy to get caught into combos and the characters to me just don't seem very interesting.

Is there a reason why this game seems to get crapped on a lot? I'm pretty sure the majority of GG players hate it which would be no shock to me.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Why does it seem like BlazBlue gets a lot of hate?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 05:32:49 AM »
Well, if you're a noob, you will be raped in 10 seconds, but in higher levels, the game takes more time to connect a combo, the thing anyway is that you can make devastating for almost any situation

I enjoyed the game, but meh, had other fighters that enjoy more to practice

Waifu Material

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 01:38:48 AM »
People hate BB? i don't think so. For some reason it's the 3rd most played arcade game in Japan at this moment.

Plus it has a lot of following and a healthy community IMO, and when that happens, haters start to hate.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 03:35:10 AM »
Well, BB, around here in Maryland, get a lot  hate by the OGs because they were expecting GG on next gen but they got something different, imo. Also, a lot of bb players never come out to tourneys to play the damn game.

Lygophilia

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 03:57:30 AM »
Personally, I don't hate BlazBlue, but I'm indifferent towards it. It seemed like a "fake" version of Guilty Gear, as the gamestop employer told me. I tried my best to like them after playing, expecting to like it before buying (rented the first, not the second), but I couldn't. My attention with Guilty Gear was fair, but it didn't last that long, kind of like with Marvel vs Series.

I believe the game Fate Unlimited Codes is kind of similar to those, but I much prefer it in comparison.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 04:00:30 AM by Lygophilia »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 05:36:04 AM »
lots of fans from a determined scene or group has the stupid mentality that ''this is not my game, so must suck in order to make myself look a guy with a different taste, or try to justify the fact that they suck in the game)

For the record, I love almost every fighter that had ever existed, I could find fun in almost all of them, but my favorites are the SNK ones, still, I got LOTS of respect for the works of Capcom, Examu, Sega, Arc System Works amongst others in the last decade, I had lots of funs with them but with KOF is the game which I'm more interested to learn and discuss, but for casuals, I even play at times fight fever lol

Waifu Material

Dark Geese

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 05:31:01 PM »
BB is picking up some steam in Mexico actually FYI...Zeus of Juarez plays its, Khannibal plays it, Abraham I believe plays it!

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 07:22:34 PM »
I personally like BB... I need to get that new one though, but I've been busy with the other fighters I have... Yeah a gangload of people thought it would be a new GG but its totally different... I don't see it as a casual version of GG even though Aksys stated awhile back that they were looking into making their fighters more casual-friendly... Its top in Japan, but in the states, depending on where you're at its a love/hate relationship...

I like BB, too, but Battle Fantasia is my personal fav from Aksys...

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 07:50:06 PM »
lol, I need now to know the 2 other guys who love battle fantasia

One friend will give me the game for one month maybe we could play it if you had it for xbox, I heard that the online for the game was incredible dead

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 08:57:50 PM »
lol, I need now to know the 2 other guys who love battle fantasia

One friend will give me the game for one month maybe we could play it if you had it for xbox, I heard that the online for the game was incredible dead

It's not a bad game because of the system, its bad only because of the netcode... But sometimes its bearable...

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 05:48:43 PM »
Personally, I don't hate BlazBlue, but I'm indifferent towards it. It seemed like a "fake" version of Guilty Gear, as the gamestop employer told me.

That's sort of my problem with it. It's a great game to me, but I'd think a lot more highly of it if it wasn't such a borrowed concept. I was expecting a brand new, completely different IP in BlazBlue, and got an alternate Guilty Gear. I know it was meant to keep GG fans interested while the Guilty Gear rights were in limbo, and it was more impressive than the next GGX2 title (was hoping this is what they would've done to GGXXX), but they borrowed too much to me. 6 characters there look like they started in GG and spent an hour or two in the dressing room to become part of the BB cast. Nothing wrong with the characters by themselves in playing them, but where'd the creativity go?

Without comparing, it's a good game like I said, but I still expect to see more GG, and eventually a GGvsBB which should be easy enough to make. Man, Sol vs Ragna, Ky vs Jin, Hanzama vs Justice, etc.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 06:19:06 PM »
Guilty Gear and Blazblue are TWO different games, saying that BB is an alternate GG is really just making an impression for a first look of the game

At least the forms of make combos, and the metagame per se felt different, even though they share lots of things in common, but c'mon is like saying than NGBC is just another KOF

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 07:24:23 PM »
Guilty Gear and Blazblue are TWO different games, saying that BB is an alternate GG is really just making an impression for a first look of the game

At least the forms of make combos, and the metagame per se felt different, even though they share lots of things in common, but c'mon is like saying than NGBC is just another KOF
it is

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 08:23:37 PM »
For the record, I love almost every fighter that had ever existed...

What about Rise of the Robots??? lol

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 09:03:51 PM »
I once had it dor SNES, lol

Waifu Material