Author Topic: Why does it seem like BlazBlue gets a lot of hate?  (Read 15332 times)

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Why does it seem like BlazBlue gets a lot of hate?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 09:14:07 PM »
This is what I hate about BB -

CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTERCUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTERCUNTER CUNTER CUNTERCUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTERCUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTERCUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER
CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTERCUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTERCUNTER CUNTER CUNTERCUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTERCUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTERCUNTER CUNTER CUNTER CUNTER

That and the characters can't shut up for 5 seconds.

Guilty Gear is better for sure. The characters were way cooler, the soundtrack was better, and overall the gameplay had alot more to offer and was much faster paced, and the combo system was much easier to work with.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:17:27 PM by Running Wild »

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 02:15:46 AM »
I don't see a lot of hate for it. You have to consider the number of people who don't like Anime, or anything with Anime aesthetics. I've read reviews on IMDB of Kill Bill Vol 1, and some trolls made it a point to rage about the short anime sequence in that film.

Aside from those people I haven't seen a lot. I've seen more people rag on 3rd Strike because of the parry system, then GG players rag on BB.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 09:35:30 PM »
I actually like Blazblue more. Dunno, characters in Guilty Gear weren't as appealing to me. And really, it doesn't play quite the same. I think the only reason people hate on it is because they want it to be GG but its not. If BB was made by any other developer, nobody would say a word about it but because its AKSYS naturally everyone makes the GG comparison. And maybe you can make a comparison there. But that reminds me of what people said about Fatal Fury back in the 90s "Poor man's Street Fighter" when there's actually a lot more to the FF games than that.

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 05:22:28 AM »
I once had it dor SNES, lol
i still have it only 3 good characters in it lol
& BB trust me is real good & deep , just a bit over the top i mained BANG on the 1st BB actually because the best bang on psn. this is 1 of those fighters u play when u get tired of sf kof tekk ect is fun just broken tho
Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!! Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 05:23:18 AM »
BB PUĂ‘ETA!!!!!!!!

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 12:15:48 AM »
This is what I hate about BB -

That and the characters can't shut up for 5 seconds.

Guilty Gear is better for sure. The characters were way cooler, the soundtrack was better, and overall the gameplay had alot more to offer and was much faster paced, and the combo system was much easier to work with.
is counter PENDEJO!!!!!!!

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 09:43:48 PM »
I personally think that BB's soundtrack was more diverse than GG's... BB had different styles even though the base for most were rock themed, there was still a jazz variant, a fusion variant, and even a baroque-esque variant of the soundtrack overall... I am mad that DJ Oh-no's songs on the album didn't make it to the actual game... The majority of those beats were nice, and if I had time to make a combo vid back then I would've put one of those beats on...

Don't get me wrong, I do like GG's music, but its not as diverse I think, well Slayer's theme is dope imo... The characters are diverse though, but even in that BB's characters are more diverse, and I'm only speaking in terms of their individual character systems... But some of BB's characters do seem like clones, hybrids, or some "advanced" version of a GG character (Litchi = A.B.A. + Bridget + Jam; Ragna = Sol (obvious); Arakune = Eddie + Zappa; etc...) imo...

I like both games, though I wish there was truly something that makes BB stand out and separated itself from this "GG shadow" that's been created in America at least...

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 04:32:47 AM »
I like both games, though I wish there was truly something that makes BB stand out and separated itself from this "GG shadow" that's been created in America at least...

So do I
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 07:02:24 PM »
i dont really like airdashers, and think most of the designs suck ass. though they still look way better than any gay ass mahvel char (spendax wearing homo in red, 1 in blue, 1 in yellow, yeah fuck off).
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 02:10:19 AM »
I think it's a masher. A masher that rewards you for mashing.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 08:57:34 AM »
I think it's a masher. A masher that rewards you for mashing.
this only works for noel

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 09:39:00 PM »
For the record, I love almost every fighter that had ever existed...
30 seconds with shaq-fu and your brain will explode

BB is a great and deep game if you take it seriously. Each player has different style and strategies and it's time consuming just to learn a character, how they hit(in air and on ground depending the direction you are holding), discovering combos...etc - just try Arakune and tell me how is button mashing's gonna help.This game is not as mashing friendly like mvc and will get you nowhere.The downside for most is the anime artwork(but i still think it's the hardness of the game that keep players away).. for me i just don't care - if a game is good, challenging and i have fun with it, it can have cubism style design for what i care.

quash

• New Challenger
  • OK? OKAAAAAAY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 07:41:12 AM »
what's funny is that the people that hate bb the most are the ones that play(ed) it. myself included.

game is boring. defense is played almost entirely on reaction, offense consists of taking stupid risks (unless you play a character with dumb shit like litchi or arakune) and the combos are way too long (and for no good reason, at that). add that to the asinine tech system that makes knockdown a hindrance, the strength of jumping, the strength of instant block (what the fuck kind of game puts you at +10 for tapping upback), and a whole slew of things i can't really be assed to get into, and you have yourself a shitty melty blood wannabe that doesn't hold a candle to games made ten years ago.

guilty gear is definitely a much better game in every regard (even aesthetically, if you ask me). don't judge arcsys based on your impressions of blazblue, whatever you do.
kof scrub in training

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 08:07:36 PM »
For the record, I love almost every fighter that had ever existed...
30 seconds with shaq-fu and your brain will explode

That's why I said almost, even though shaq fu enters in the category of is so bad than is good, I will rather play that than DOA 4, besides the boobs lol

Waifu Material

isaac223

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2016, 10:45:59 PM »
Personally, I don't hate BlazBlue, but I'm indifferent towards it. It seemed like a "fake" version of Guilty Gear, as the gamestop employer told me. I tried my best to like them after playing, expecting to like it before buying (rented the first, not the second), but I couldn't. My attention with Guilty Gear was fair, but it didn't last that long, kind of like with Marvel vs Series.

I believe the game Fate Unlimited Codes is kind of similar to those, but I much prefer it in comparison.

Well, BlazBlue and Guilty Gear, if I remember correctly, story-wise, were made similar intentionally. They are meant to be modern and classic takes on anime, respectively, for people who prefer the classics such as Hellsing or those who like more modern anime or manga.