Author Topic: KOFXIII Not in Official Evo Line Up  (Read 19496 times)

Dark Geese

Re: KOFXIII Not in Official Evo Line Up
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2011, 09:49:11 PM »

AI vs. Dark Geese vs. Mexico vs. Japan/Asia.

Where are the rest of you guys????

Waiting for the game to come out for consoles?

Yeah that's true, I can only cross my fingers and hope that in 1 year's time there will be a closer balance of skill level in 13 (as well as the rest of the KOFs) than it is right now... Regardless of personal rivalries, when we represent OUR COUNTRY, we have to as a whole be VERY VERY STRONG, it can't be well, the haves and have NOTS. (In regards to skill)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:29:30 PM by Dark Geese »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2011, 11:25:09 PM »
Things getting a little wound up in here. Gonna keep an eye on this thread.

For the record, Oscar and DG's opinions are just that-- they don't speak for all us AI players. :)

StolenHope

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 12:10:30 AM »
Well i am Starting to get the hang of kof 13 and the whole move cancel thing going. But i will try to get to the AI players level just because I kept getting neomax back then lol.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 02:05:49 AM »

AI vs. Dark Geese vs. Mexico vs. Japan/Asia.

Where are the rest of you guys????

Waiting for the game to come out for consoles?

Yeah that's true, I can only cross my fingers and hope that in 1 year's time there will be a closer balance of skill level in 13 (as well as the rest of the KOFs) than it is right now... Regardless of personal rivalries, when we represent OUR COUNTRY, we have to as a whole be VERY VERY STRONG, it can't be well, the haves and have NOTS. (In regards to skill)

Ok, well when we face you later this year, we will show you. If not in 13, than the other KOFs...
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Dark Geese

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2011, 03:08:44 AM »
Great Desmond, that's what I wanna hear! *Clap* There needs to be MORE people like Desmond that are willing to step up to the bar like that! That's what we need, more Leaders LESS followers!

Kane- No need to worry trust me on that, we all will make sure things go along respectfully. But yeah me and Oscar don't speak for everyone, everyone has their own opinions etc.

But I also don't just want there to be just like 3 places to get good in KOF you know what I mean Desmond? I want it to be more than just my place, AI, Minnesota, and some parts of New York you know what I mean!

In a nutshell all I am saying is that if we want to be strong as a NATION when other people from other countries come over and we don't want things to boil down to the same results, then we need many different locations people can get strong at KOF at!

3-4 locations maybe 5 simply isn't gonna cut it guys!!!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 03:14:52 AM by Dark Geese »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2011, 06:59:38 AM »
We are tired of carrying the US SNK scene just ourselves basically, why does everything come down in the USA to me and AI?

I don't mean no harm, but aren't you carrying the scene in Mexico??? I thought you gave up on the US...

And if its just you cats carrying a scene by yourselves, find some cats to carry the torch or something... I'm not saying you're not, but I mean that's what it sounds like, and I'm not knocking nothing that's been done thus far, but I get the "high and mighty" feeling from reading some of that stuff man... And if you do pass the torch to dedicated homies, then my bad...

I'm no "pro" (whatever that means now-a-days) but I know I try to stay on top of my game (and evolve) while getting cats interested in KoF and pray that they get serious about it as much as any other person in any other FG scene (or even me)... I'm trying to do some things over here even with a mad crazy schedule... I'm trying to shoot towards attending this EVO also for these side events or whatnot... 2011 should not be another year that KoF gets overlooked by the general FG community in America... I'm tired of watching vids of players who aren't in America crushing cats in any KoF (especially XIII)... I'm tired of hearing people make excuses as to why they don't play KoF (well the ones purchasable)... Hell, I'm tired of a bunch of other crap, too, but I'ma just end it there... I wanna get on XIII so bad, but I never have the time to get up north... However, I still make sure that I'm on 98UM and 2k2UM beefing those skills up, and hopefully when this new joint decides to drop, I can translate whatever skills that can be translated over to XIII, while beefing those skills up...

Speaking of beef, this in no way was beef towards anyone, these are just my thoughts or whatever...

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2011, 08:29:51 AM »
@Jinxhand and @DG:  Basically that's what I'm saying, I don't want people to think of AI players as elitist or anything, I know it's sometimes easy to think that way because we have ppl named MR KOF (haha John, just giving you a hard time), but we're very realistic with our skill-level or lack thereof; we know the ones that we can beat, and we also know we have a lot of work to do (some less than others, but overall we all need improving).

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2011, 12:10:57 PM »
I'll go to EVO 2k11 if we can bring KOF arcade cabs =P. About my rep as a elitist or whatnot...i've put in my work enough to become an icon....in 626 you wouldn't believe how many ppl stop and stare at my way when i'm in cafes hehhe.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2011, 12:19:53 PM »
Also on a side note...i believe we can gain U.S. interest in kof13 and the series  if SNK playmore sets up team  battles events such as U.S.A. VS Japan / VS Europe

I'm willing to lay my nuts on the line if it were a  two on two Best of the best kind of thing!
If you guys believe Team Deadly Duo can defeat other countries raise your voices!!! I would proudly represent for you guys and get respect for the U.S. on KOF terms. i know it's not kof relevant..but i'm saying if my SSF4 skills can hang with EG marn and other AI top talented players.. i'm saying you can trust in my abilities in KOF!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Dark Geese

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2011, 04:20:58 PM »
No offense taken my friend no worries about that! Jinxhand I understand man what you are saying- and yeah what you are saying is WHY I am in Mexico, nothing changes. I don't want it to just be me and people from AI all the time carrying the US scene, I WANT you guys to help us as the United States get strong you know that's what I am saying, but what I have seen in the past is that these things don't change!

Also trust me I am certainly not elitist because I offer to help people in anyway possible but it seems like I'm just spinning my wheels and things come back to the same people representing the United States!! That's not what it should be about, we need more people willing to step up and take it to the next level like what Desmond is talking about!

Also what Mr. KOF is saying, whoever is representing the USA guys keep in mind you all can help us! The stronger you guys get and the more competition you all have the better everyone gets!

So it's a mutual thing for everyone!!!

Jinxhand I can't find too many dedicated people to pass the torch too here that's the frustrated thing! I am very happy what I am seeing in the MidWest however; thus they are getting a LARGE amount of my support! I am trying to take people from Mexico to them and viceversa, people from there to Mexico!

Like Kane317 says, even myself I am very realistic on my skill, and I have a goal of being able to defeat Kula in multiple KOF games, but he is without question far stronger than me!

But I just don't see the drive to do what I am doing in the United States for the most part sans a few people and that in itself is very troubling and frustrating!

Where's the drive? Where's the commitment to getting better? Where is the incentive to travel? I've said it many times, if you do what everyone else does you will be like everyone else! I mean even if I was getting a lot of money winning tournaments here something would be missing to me, because I am more about the competition! So yeah winning money may be good for some or like Justin Wong or whatever, but for someone like me it's not enough! If more people aren't doing what I'm doing travelling (the example because of someone that has no one close to my skill level around me, but I don't let that stop me from getting resoundingly better on a consistent basis!) or has access to skill like the people in AI, then I say we are doomed!

The middle ground of just playing online simply isn't good enough!!! Not if we want again to be strong AS A COUNTRY. Also even if you do have access to skill like AI, travelling is only gonna make you that much stronger! You can NEVER go wrong with travelling!

Also another thing Mr. KOF says, I believe 13 is the last hope for now in the USA, but again it starts with some of the touchy issues we are talking about, we need as much support and as many people taking it seriously when it becomes available as possible if we don't just want people like me and AI taking on Kula, the rest of Mexico and the Japanese!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 06:01:40 PM by Dark Geese »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2011, 08:48:05 PM »
I wanna be the best, but the devil won't take up my offer haha
" you fight well in the old style"

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2011, 09:48:31 PM »

The middle ground of just playing online simply isn't good enough!!! Not if we want again to be strong AS A COUNTRY. Also even if you do have access to skill like AI, travelling is only gonna make you that much stronger! You can NEVER go wrong with travelling!

We don't even have a lot of players that play online period to be honest.

Plus, I think playing online and using the resources that's available online (videos, wikis, forums etc) to your advantage can strengthen your knowledge of the game more than just spending XXX.XX of dollars to just get your ass KICKED in a day or two then just leaving back to a place where you have ZERO people to play with offline. You gotta do your homework before you do the test in my opinion.

I also feel that playing online can strengthen the player base here and show people that we do care and play these games, it can inspire people to play and practice more and build local scenes of their own and play.

This whole ONLINE PLAY is EVIL type shit has to go. The main reason I play online is for I can be a better player period, both on and offline.

And yes, I agree that playing offline at tournament is the big "exam/final at the end of the semester", but why online cannot by seen as a good study tool? When KOFXIII drops for consoles, online play will make or break the game here in the USA.

Dark Geese

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2011, 10:10:19 PM »

Plus, I think playing online and using the resources that's available online (videos, wikis, forums etc) to your advantage can strengthen your knowledge of the game more than just spending XXX.XX of dollars to just get your ass KICKED in a day or two then just leaving back to a place where you have ZERO people to play with offline. You gotta do your homework before you do the test in my opinion.

I also feel that playing online can strengthen the player base here and show people that we do care and play these games, it can inspire people to play and practice more and build local scenes of their own and play.

This whole ONLINE PLAY is EVIL type shit has to go. The main reason I play online is for I can be a better player period, both on and offline.

And yes, I agree that playing offline at tournament is the big "exam/final at the end of the semester", but why online cannot by seen as a good study tool? When KOFXIII drops for consoles, online play will make or break the game here in the USA.

I agree with that to a point. Prior to traveling the way I do now, I was a true student of the game, I studied beyond possible belief every match vid, forum post, wiki everything I could get my hands on. While yes I would make some progress, I made more when I was playing getting my ass kicked.

In regards to playing online/studying videos vs. traveling to somewhere of high level  I think there is something to consider:

1. How often are you traveling: Yeah just going to Mexico/Japan or whatever once a year isn't really gonna cut it, you gotta go more than that, if you are gonna do that yeah you are right 100% I feel! But if you go there every 3 months like me, even though I don't have access to anyone to play right now I am not really worried because I will have 4 full days in Mexico to make up for the time I haven't been playing vs. anyone! I am also quite certain due to the vast amount of high level skill that I will encounter that I will level up immensely versus these players, and it will make up not playing someone in 2 months!

IMHO and personal experience, I'd rather have 4 days of super high level experience vs. 2 months of low to medium level experience. For me it's quality over quantity!!

I feel I learn a lot more in those 4 days than I do at home watching videos! But this is just in my personal experience!

I think a combination of what you are saying works. I also don't think online is evil, I just know that there are those that do not feel the need to travel in order to improve and that's the problem.

Now I am also aware different people learn in different ways. For me personally sitting at home playing people studying wikis etc limits my growth, even offline if they aren't at a certain particular level of skill, then I am not really improving!

But yes you are right, if you do not have a basic understanding of the game then you may not understand what is happening when Kula is royally buttraping you!

So yes I agree use all the tools necessary in order to gain a true understanding, but I am saying if people wanna get to that "next level" something has to change, whatever is happening now I'm telling people based on the past 5-6 years worth of evidence in the USA, it clearly isn't working!

(I.E.results in tournaments boil down to the same region/area of players!)

All I'm saying is something has to change or things will continue to remain status quo!!!

In my own personal experiences for me I guess because I know the basics of the game and stuff like that, I have learned that in general the players themselves spend more time offline than online IF THEY CAN.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:20:46 PM by Dark Geese »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2011, 03:12:52 AM »
Not everyone can afford time/money wise to travel to JPN or MEX 3 or 4 times a year unless it's work related, IMO.

There are good players online too, most of the time, people say they find better comp and challengers than people in their own city or town.

Doesnt Luis Cha and Kula play online sometimes? How do they feel about playing on GGPO?

To be honest, I think the real people that are helping areas in the USA level up and take KOF seriously are ones that were transplanted to from places that were KOF hotspots. Also people that have been playing and taking SNK games seriously from their inception in the arcades.

Dark Geese

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2011, 03:57:58 AM »
Not everyone can afford time/money wise to travel to JPN or MEX 3 or 4 times a year unless it's work related, IMO.

There are good players online too, most of the time, people say they find better comp and challengers than people in their own city or town.

Doesnt Luis Cha and Kula play online sometimes? How do they feel about playing on GGPO?

To be honest, I think the real people that are helping areas in the USA level up and take KOF seriously are ones that were transplanted to from places that were KOF hotspots. Also people that have been playing and taking SNK games seriously from their inception in the arcades.

I understand that completely in regards to travelling 3-4 times a year trust me! I'm just identifying a bigger problem I see in many areas in many games not KOF, this is a general problem I see people saying "Why can't people stop Justin Wong from winning here in the USA etc etc".

Well this comes back to this too!

Yeah Luis Cha and Kula play online sometimes, I was talking to Kula about that yesterday even, he is online from time to time and plays. Luis Cha feels that GGPO is nice for training, but it is nothing compared to playing offline. Kula feels the same, we were talking about this in detail yesterday when talking about him and Osmani vs. Hummer and in the future me giving them the chance to prove that GGPO is just that-online; when I give them the chance  to take on Cola since there are "people out there" that look into online SO seriously, that they believe what they see online is a direct reflection of what is going to happen OFFLINE (Generation GGPO!!!).

Luis Cha is good at GGPO he says, but he again says it's nothing compared to offline. He uses it as a training tool just to stay sharp. I will interview (already have it planned) these players including Osmani and Hummer about online play vs. offline play in my extensive interviews for The KOF Cup 2011.

Kula, Osmani and them do not put too much weight into that, but with that said Osmani is super motivated to come and prove to people that he can and WILL defeat Hummer, because he has heard all the jibber jabber as well from these "same people" that disrespect Mexican level of play (So Generation GGPO has made this very personal to Osmani!), so me, Kula, Osmani all share the same thought about this, it's about showing people that:

1. There is more than meets the eye than on GGPO/Supercade! In other words you cannot judge how results are gonna happen offline based off what happens online! Too many inconsistent variables online that are hard to quantify and measure for it to be able to be taken seriously. At best it's like the SAT Prep before the SAT or that practice test for the real test, no pressure, no worries, just something to help you get ready for the SAT!

2. In many places, most of the top players do NOT play online (Alexis, Zeus, Lalo do not play online, a lot of Japanese players as Bata was saying do not play online). Therefore many people saying these Mexicans "do stupid things online" etc have to realize that these are not the real players in Mexico!!!! So you are getting a very very distorted image of what Mexican style play is like! If anything my tournaments with Mexico vs. Japan as the theme should make that very, very clear!

3. Many players such as Kula do not really like/are not accustomed to online, but play on it just to see different styles, and stay sharp for as you say "The Final Exam."

4.-Some players like RINO are GODS online, but offline are nothing even remotely close to that!!!!!!! So again online can be a major deception! I may be popping the hype balloon when I say this guys, but Hummer says for me to hopefully not expect too much out of him..why? Because he doesn't have access to alot of competition! He lives in the Southern part of Japan so he doesn't have access to a lot of competition!

So maybe Hummer may be like Rino  possibly- he could be a GOD online, but may not be at that level offline! We are about to see but these are things many people do not take into consideration! Now sure I'll use all this interpretation and distortion/deception and ride the hype train until my event concludes, but when it's over this stuff is going to come back up!! There is a purpose for doing this!

I also agree with the last statement, I just am saying that if people are fine with the results overall staying the same and ten years down the road it's still the same things and players for the most part, then everything should stay how it is.

But..

If people want to see new blood rising to the top, well there is going to have to be a change of some sort! Going back to what I said on the podcast, it's not easy being a top player. Aluding to what Mr. KOF said, we've worked very hard (harder than most) to be where we are! Instead of using that money for certain things we make sacrifices and use it for other things. I mean hey I talk to a lot of women (I'm not a player just in open relationships lol) so I mean guys I could be instead of going to Mexico I could be going to visit these women everywhere!

But I don't, I have to make a sacrifice in order to continue to train..and again those types of things separate again top players from those that are not.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:39:19 PM by Dark Geese »