Author Topic: NGBC General Discussion thread  (Read 62893 times)

krazykone123

Re: NGBC General Discussion thread
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 09:10:51 AM »
How do you know if you have successfully done a just defend?  Ive been trying to do it but I still cant seem to get it.

Their isn't a message that displays it, the only way you can tell it worked is if the block-stun is dramatically reduced

Are you talking about CPU King Lion? If so, that move is exclusive to his boss version.

Yeah he's probably talking about the cpu boss

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 02:43:16 PM »
The other day I played wwith some guy some battles, really fun matches, he was slightly better than me, even though pissed me off that I picked Kim and win instantly

Anyway, sibarraz 4 life if somebody wants to play for live, with northamericans the matches run really well

Waifu Material

Chowdizzle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 12:36:29 PM »
Is this game super awkward in fights for anyone else? I'm assuming it's cuz I'm bad but it's really hard to get in on someone on the ground and jump ins are really hard to link after. I love the combos in this game though.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 06:20:56 PM »
Nah, matches are only arkward when there's lag (from either the tv or netcode)... As far as putting on an offense is concerned, it kinda depends on who you're playing with... Some characters don't have much of an offense depending on the situation... I know if I were to play with Mars People, I can't just constantly rushdown like I could with say Geese (and he's better at corner traps imo)... I would have to throw out a projectile (qcf+D), and react to what the opponent does (use s.D for anti-air at right range, maybe attempt for a crossup, or go for an overhead hoping that the fireball helps to keep me safe)... Other than that, I'd zone for a bit, then attempt to close in for the command throw when possible, and if I can't do it, hit confirm c.A to c.A, c.A, df+D and mixup from there...

I'm still learning to play with him, so I don't know all the "tricks/shenanigans" per sé, but I do know enough to put him to good use. He's like a Dhalsim with better mixup options imo...

I tried that Jin Chonsu "infinite" last night (in practice mode), and when I canceled the dp+C to the super, I watched my opponent fly up, then swerved behind me, and I know that wasn't possible in the ps2 version (I bought the import back in 05/06 can't remember which year)... The motion was worse than the recovery animation for Hanzo's dp+C move... Was this SNK's attempt at fixing an infinite, and are there any other "anomalies" that are in this game that weren't in the previous versions??? Thanks for the input...

Not really into matchups, because I believe that anyone can win with any character depending on how much time they put into the character (I play some low tier in other games also), but what's the official matchup between Tung and Big??? I Know its probably not too great, but I'm trying to come up with some anti-Big (and eventually anti-Kim) strats... I play Big too, so I know a little bit about him, but I haven't played enough Bigs online or offline to truly figure out what moves Tung has that work (or has priority) against Big...

I forgot, GCFS = easy way to get in, depending on the situation...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 06:45:44 PM by jinxhand »

Chowdizzle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 10:20:59 PM »
When I played with my friend and there was no lag I was still having a lot of trouble with timing on pretty much...anything. I understand older games aren't as fluid as SFIV and some may say that's a good thing but I'll admit I'm a 4th generation SF player. I wasn't really into fighters until I played SFIV and now I'm a fanatic. Well I guess you can just help me out when we play.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 12:59:17 AM »
Are Kim and Hotaru really THAT powerful?

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 04:30:43 PM »
I can definitely speak for Hotaru (I used to play her and get beat by other Hotaru players)... Her combos lead to great oki, and if you mess up a combo, you can either fix it with an different ender, or use that fault as oki as it's still good... Her range isn't as great as Kim's imo, but you're still dangerous at long range, but her main game is in close... You can even cancel the command throw with her air kicks...

Kim, well he's Kim... I don't think he's ever been low tier, or even mid (maybe in CvS2, but I doubt that)... Same combos from SvC I believe, with a few additions... Someone drop some Kim knowledge on me, I don't use him...

GearaDoga

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 08:58:33 PM »
Don't know much about Kim myself, but I do know the main combo everyone seems to use is
cr.B, cr.B, qcb+A, qcb+C, d,u+A, super cancel into qcb, db, f+ B/D.  If you're near the corner, once the enemy falls to the ground after the super you can follow it up with his d,d +D footstomp move.
Kim's d,u +A move will connect after qcb+C since he'll be above the ground.

Also if you're close to a corner throw the opponent into it and follow it up with d,d +D.
Oh, yeah crossup with j. A.

Hope that helps.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 09:28:32 PM »
Yeah I remember most of those combos ending in d,d+D in the corner, since most of those combos seem to shoot you to it no matter where in the screen you are... I notice most just poke to hit check for the rekkas and tick throw to corner trap depending on whether or not the opponent is "gcfs-happy"... c.A is his best poke, and there's practically no way to stop it unless they screwed up a poke/bait attempt...

What happened to all the Shermie players??? When I got the xbl version, there were a bunch of them, now its like everyone is using Hanzo and tele-poking for a crossup, or using the typical Terry/Kyo combo...

Oh yeah, I just got my srk-wiki account activated, and will add some info to some characters' wiki, especially Tung Fu Rue, as his is practically empty... If there could be a ngbc wiki added here, I'll add some info as well... Even when 2K2UM drops (which I'll be playing) I'll be playing this still as its a great game and is a better example for Capcom to use whenever they decide to make Fighting Jam 2...

krazykone123

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 05:33:48 PM »
If anyone wants to play send me a friend request

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 05:38:20 AM »
This game seems slower on my 360 than on my PS2. I bought the 4gb model as I only planned on playing 2002UM and this game so I didn't see a need for a 250gb HD or an extra $100. Could the flash memory be slowing the game down?

Edit: Nevermind. I deleted the game and redownloaded and now it runs faster. Weird, I know.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:46:27 AM by nilcam »

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 09:31:18 PM »
There are a ton of Japanese still playing this game. Apparently some play at that a-cho arcade, and there were some who simply have this game as their only xbox 360 game...

Anyway, I might be on tonight to play this game... I'm hoping to fight a good Yuki and Washizuka player... I'm willing to do mirror matches for people to help learn/teach how to play some characters (I don't know all the characters though)...

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 12:28:14 AM »
There are a ton of Japanese still playing this game. Apparently some play at that a-cho arcade, and there were some who simply have this game as their only xbox 360 game...

Anyway, I might be on tonight to play this game... I'm hoping to fight a good Yuki and Washizuka player... I'm willing to do mirror matches for people to help learn/teach how to play some characters (I don't know all the characters though)...
if you can show me a few kyo and kaede tricks i would be grateful

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 12:39:22 AM »

Kyo is kinda basic imo... Jumping down+C and overhead kicks have priority like normal... I'll tinker with him tonight and see what else I can remember with him - he's not my main though...

Kaede has one real trick, but in a high caliber match, it might not work... If you throw your opponent, as soon as he/she/it falls, do qcf+A... Its FREE!!! I tried it with several characters and it works... Other than that, its kinda like this:

1. build up meter
2. combo to sword super
3. if the jump and you have meter, sword super
4. if they're close, tick throw with low kick or hit confirm to free command grab then combo or sword super
5. if they try to anti air you, use counter special
6. DO NOT spam qcb+P

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 05:04:56 AM »

Kyo is kinda basic imo... Jumping down+C and overhead kicks have priority like normal... I'll tinker with him tonight and see what else I can remember with him - he's not my main though...

Kaede has one real trick, but in a high caliber match, it might not work... If you throw your opponent, as soon as he/she/it falls, do qcf+A... Its FREE!!! I tried it with several characters and it works... Other than that, its kinda like this:

1. build up meter
2. combo to sword super
3. if the jump and you have meter, sword super
4. if they're close, tick throw with low kick or hit confirm to free command grab then combo or sword super
5. if they try to anti air you, use counter special
6. DO NOT spam qcb+P
looks like i dont need much help then