Author Topic: Any idea to what SNKP is planning to release for Sony(NGP)  (Read 5681 times)

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Any idea to what SNKP is planning to release for Sony(NGP)
« on: February 02, 2011, 04:56:29 PM »
Why I ask because in Sony's press conference they had a list of third party developers and " SNK Playmore Corporation" was listed

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Any idea to what SNKP is planning to release for Sony(NGP)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 06:46:57 PM »
SNK miss an opputunity to milk their old releases for the billionth time? Not a chance.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »
According to reports, downloadable PSP games will be playable on the NGP so that means all of the NeoGeo Station games will be available from day 1. They should put the UMs, XI and XIII on it as well with online play. The only problem with the NGP will be the d-pad. I don't particularly care for d-pads for fighters but the Sony and MS d-pads are the worst. If the NGP came with the NeoGeo Pocket pad, I would be ecstatic.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 07:13:38 PM »
SNK miss an opputunity to milk their old releases for the billionth time? Not a chance.

you make it sound as if they are the only company in the gaming business who do this.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 07:50:04 PM »

you make it sound as if they are the only company in the gaming business who do this.

I'm glad they're doing it either way. More exposure. And Metal Slug on a portable system (almost any) is more enjoyable than I expected when I got the DS and PSP versions.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 08:11:44 PM »

In SNK's case its a full time job though.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 08:20:01 PM »
To be fair, it's pretty much a full time job with Nintendo, Sega, SquareEnix and Capcom as well. Retro fans like to spend money on old games. I prefer older games to newer titles.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 08:40:45 PM »
No, what I meant was, that is literally all SNK does 99% of the time.

Every company you listed releases brand new games regularly, be it sequels or new IPs.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:44:15 PM by Diavle »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 09:23:42 PM »
That's because SNKP is not like the other companies

Im impressed that at this point, lots of fans doesn't realize than SNKP is an incredible small company, the fact that they still managed to release XII and XIII still blows my mind, at some point KOF XII producer explained how all the compilations (And the DS semi hentai game lol) were necessary to produce games like KOF XII and XIII, because those games had an small cost, and still generate revenue because SNK hardcore fans are very loyal to the company (and lol, lots of times I bought them because I played them free always, so it's like, ''well, now I had the game legally, so, big deal)

Expecting than SNKP release another franchise than isn't KOF at this point is very delusional (hell, at this point we entered to territory that maybe expecting another KOF is delusional)

At this point the only hope than SNKP has to release something new is to expect to had a game that got some revenue, in theory XIII should be that game, but we don't know where's the company now

Waifu Material

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 10:14:21 PM »
This is off topics but, it is interesting
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-fc-49-en-70-3w1q.html

At this point im glad to see SNKP doing something then nothing, with the future release of

Gun Lord for the NEOGEO/DC
Arcade Classic 0 (PSP)
and possibly KOF XIII its a small step, but a good one atleast

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 11:53:08 PM »
Witch Toucher.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 12:37:33 AM »
Witch Toucher.

In HD! And that will provide enough revenue to keep SNKP in business. For serious.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 01:13:04 AM »
Actually, now that the back of the ngp has a touch screen too, the game will be more creepier

And sadly, will sold more that KOF XIII

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 08:39:53 AM »
According to reports, downloadable PSP games will be playable on the NGP so that means all of the NeoGeo Station games will be available from day 1. They should put the UMs, XI and XIII on it as well with online play. The only problem with the NGP will be the d-pad. I don't particularly care for d-pads for fighters but the Sony and MS d-pads are the worst. If the NGP came with the NeoGeo Pocket pad, I would be ecstatic.
i swear to god im the only person in the world who actually likes the xbox d-pad

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 09:43:24 AM »
i swear to god im the only person in the world who actually likes the xbox d-pad

Nope, I'm the other one.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995