Author Topic: Fight Sticks?  (Read 95747 times)

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Fight Sticks?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 06:47:32 AM »
I heard the hori ex 2 stick is crap

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 11:29:38 AM »
My trusty PS2 controller, that I bought from Gamestop (pre-owned) has started fail when I pressing buttons. D-pad works well, but shorst jumps in KOF are damn hard to do, but the face buttons aren't that responsive anymore.

So, I decided to get arcade stick. It should work on PS2 (for training and playing with friends) and PC (if I start using GGPO) and price must be that low, about 30 euros is enough, but if it is over 30, then I have to consider. And if I order a stick from internet, it should be from Europe, because stuff moves more easily thorugh customs.

After a bit searching, I found one contender. It is Logic3 Arcade controller and it looks like this

Description: Experience the intensity of an arcade machine in your own home! If the standard PS3, PS2 or PC controller is not giving you the extra edge for those beat-em-up games perhaps the Logic3 Arcade Controller will better suit you're fighting needs.

The Arcade Controller has an eight way directional joystick and ten action buttons. Its soft touch rubber finish brings the authentic arcade feeling back to the classic arcade games. Its turbo - fire switch is great for shooting games or when your button bashing away trying to pull of the ultimate combo.

* Arcade style controller
* 8 Way directional controller / 10 action buttons
* Turbo fire function
* Macro Function
* Soft touch rubber finish
* Compatible with PS3, PS2 & PC

So, what do you think? Cheapest price 41 euros and most expensive is 52 euros.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 10:04:20 PM »
I have a stick from the chinese company mayflash, It's called mayflash arcade fighting stick. It's cheap, should be about 40 euros, it is good, though not perfect (then again, comparing prices, it gives you alot for its relatively low cost) and is compatible with ps2/ps3/pc and is supposed to work with 360 and wii with the help of adapters. Though why a usb device should need an adapter to work with a 360 is beyond me..

Still, this stick seems to have gained some popularity, and i could recommend it as a good starter stick. I still feel that in some ways it's better than my madcatz TE stick, even though the overall quality is lower and it has gotten worn with use. But with that said, within a year of buying it i noticed that it had started to get a bit worn, some buttons started to squeak a bit oddly and on rare ocations seem to react twice to button presses. It is however still very much functional though i usually just have it lying on a shelf untill i have a reason to bring it out.

http://www.mayflash.com/pc/pc042/pc042.htm

It is available from atleast one swedish store although i don't know if they ship to the rest of europe. You can probably find it in a store in your country if it interests you.

Personally i bought mine from play-asia, though that came back and bit me in the ass. The stick was very cheap but i had to fork up twice its cost for shipment and toll.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 12:10:38 AM »
Done!

Have to say - best stick with Mai on it, ever!
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 01:08:15 AM »
A friend made this with wireless to PS3.

I also have this Hori Arcade Stick

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 02:01:29 AM by Ash »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 04:57:02 AM »
Very nice chun stick, although, that artwork seems familiar so am i right to assume that he did not create that?

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2011, 02:51:11 PM »
I have a stick from the chinese company mayflash, It's called mayflash arcade fighting stick. It's cheap, should be about 40 euros, it is good, though not perfect (then again, comparing prices, it gives you alot for its relatively low cost) and is compatible with ps2/ps3/pc and is supposed to work with 360 and wii with the help of adapters. Though why a usb device should need an adapter to work with a 360 is beyond me..

Still, this stick seems to have gained some popularity, and i could recommend it as a good starter stick. I still feel that in some ways it's better than my madcatz TE stick, even though the overall quality is lower and it has gotten worn with use. But with that said, within a year of buying it i noticed that it had started to get a bit worn, some buttons started to squeak a bit oddly and on rare ocations seem to react twice to button presses. It is however still very much functional though i usually just have it lying on a shelf untill i have a reason to bring it out.

http://www.mayflash.com/pc/pc042/pc042.htm

It is available from atleast one swedish store although i don't know if they ship to the rest of europe. You can probably find it in a store in your country if it interests you.

Personally i bought mine from play-asia, though that came back and bit me in the ass. The stick was very cheap but i had to fork up twice its cost for shipment and toll.

I've heard of that Mayflash stick. Unfortunately, only Finnish store that sells those doesn't have them anymore. That Logic3 controller is only stick compatible with PS2/PS3/PC that you can find in Finland. Sweden doesn't use euro, so I guess if I order I have to use credit card.

If I order from Play-Asia, they only deliver packages to Finland using delivery services, so that is very expensive. They deliver packages to Finland using UPS (Universal Packet Smashers), so no thanks. I try to avoid ordering from abroad at all costs.

Guess I have to go with that Logic3 controller then. What I've heard, it is quite good controller and good for beginners.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 12:10:05 AM »
Very nice chun stick, although, that artwork seems familiar so am i right to assume that he did not create that?

Yeah it's not original artwork. He just found it online and put it on there. I bought it off of him as is, said if I ever wanted to change the artwork I would just need to send him the image. Too lazy to pick one though =P Right now that stick it out of commission sadly

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2011, 12:52:24 AM »
I've heard of that Mayflash stick. Unfortunately, only Finnish store that sells those doesn't have them anymore. That Logic3 controller is only stick compatible with PS2/PS3/PC that you can find in Finland. Sweden doesn't use euro, so I guess if I order I have to use credit card.

If I order from Play-Asia, they only deliver packages to Finland using delivery services, so that is very expensive. They deliver packages to Finland using UPS (Universal Packet Smashers), so no thanks. I try to avoid ordering from abroad at all costs.

Guess I have to go with that Logic3 controller then. What I've heard, it is quite good controller and good for beginners.

Alright, if you wanna play a few games of whatever you can pm me and we can see if there is anything we both play btw.

Yeah it's not original artwork. He just found it online and put it on there. I bought it off of him as is, said if I ever wanted to change the artwork I would just need to send him the image. Too lazy to pick one though =P Right now that stick it out of commission sadly

Too bad, what's wrong with it?

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 08:24:46 PM »

Too bad, what's wrong with it?

Kane317 broke it j/k =P It's not turning on for some reason even with wired connection

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 07:20:56 PM »

that stick is so wrong ... i had one similar and you can t play shit with it especially kof.it's better to raise some money and buy at least a madcatz SE stick or make one yourself but not that garbage...

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 08:10:15 AM »
Man all I have is a stock TE. I did pick up a Dreamcast MAS stick today for 20 bucks though!  :)

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 06:43:10 PM »
wow great score! Where did you get it from?

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 05:35:05 AM »
the madcatz blazblue tournament edition is worthy?

I want a TE, but I don't want to spende 400 dollars for a stick, the BB te costs me 200

Waifu Material

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 06:39:42 AM »
I want to get a MadCatz BB TE too, so far i heard it's basically the same as the SFIV Tournament Edition, but with different art and limited to 1500 units per system. So yes, i guess it's worthy.

More info about that will be appreciated.

EDIT:

I found this at SRK, credits to d3v:

TE "Round 1"
-White balltop
-6 white & 2 dark hai OBSF-30s
-2 white ONSF-24s
-Black body
-Red bezel
-White sides
-Red "IV" artwork
-1st generation MC PCB

Comicon TE
-Super limited edition
-Orange balltop
-6 orange & 2 yellow OBSF-30s
-2 orange OBSN-24s
-White body
-Orange Bezel
-White sides
-Comicon flame artwork
-1st generation MC PCB

Femme Fatale TE
-Limited Edition
-White balltop
-6 purple & 2 white OBSF-30s
-2 white OBSF-24s
-White body
-Purple Bezel
-White sides
-Femme Fatale artwork
-1st generation MC PCB

Marvel VS Capcom 2 TE
-Limited Edition
-Yellow balltop
-6 yellow & 2 white OBSF-30s
-2 yellow OBSF-24s
-Black body
-White Bezel
-Black sides
-MvC2 artwork
-Modified PCB that reverses the placement or the Ls and Rs.

TE Round 2
-White balltop
-6 yellow & 2 white OBSF-30s
-2 white OBSF-24s
-Black body
-Red Bezel
-Black sides
-Round 2 SFIV characters artwork
-1st generation MC PCB

Asian TE (XBox 360 only)
-White balltop
-Xbox button color scheme & 4 dark hai OBSF-30s (X360)
-2 white OBSF-24s
-White body
-white bezel
-Black sides
-White MadCatz "circuit artwork"
-1st generation MC PCB

TE "S"
-Black balltop
-6 dark hai & 2 white OBSF-30s (PS3) 4 Xbox button color scheme & 4 dark hai OBSF-30s (X360)
-2 white OBSF-24s
-Updated shell with extra screw by the turbo panel
-Black body
-no bezel
-Slim black sides
-Black or white Ryu SSFIV art
-updated MC PCB (Start/Select locking)

EVO2k10 Gold TE
-Black balltop
-8 dark hai OBSF-30s (PS3) 4 Xbox button color scheme & 4 dark hai OBSF-30s (X360)
-2 white OBSF-24s
-Gold painted body
-Gold painted bezel
-Gold painted sides
-Gold MadCatz "circuit artwork"

BlazBlue TE
-Limited edition
-White balltop
-8 white OBSF-30s (PS3) 4 Xbox button color scheme & 4 dark hai OBSF-30s (X360)
-2 white OBSF-24s
-Black body (PS3) white body (X360)
-Blue bezel
-Black sides (PS3) white sides (X360)
-BlazBlue artwork
-Arced button layout (X360)

Chun Li PAX TE "S"
-Limited edition
-White balltop
-6 light blue & 2 white OBSF-30s (PS3) 4 Xbox button color scheme, & 4 white OBSF-30s (X360)
-2 white OBSF-24s
-Translucent blue body
-white bezel
-slim translucent blue sides
-Lenticular Chun Li art.
-updated official PCB (PS3)
-updated MC PCB (Start/Select locking)(X360)

MvC3 TE
-White balltop
-6 white & 2 dark hai OBSF-30s
-2 white OBSF-24s
-Black body
-Red Bezel
-Black sides
-MvC3 characters artwork
-1st generation MC PCB

Do we have spoilers option in the forum? because i can't find it :\

And BTW sibarraz, where are you getting that BB TE stick? is it the PS3 version? i was trying to get one from Amazon but it's sold out, same with a lot of other sites.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:19:24 AM by Delta »