Author Topic: Fight Sticks?  (Read 95814 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: Fight Sticks?
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2011, 02:50:36 PM »
Here's the Garou stick:

I love the form factor and layout of the NeoGeo stick. I've gutted one and replaced the buttons with 24mm Seimitsus and will put a PS360+ board in it when that arrives.

cHuCo_

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2011, 05:34:26 PM »
Well i thought of showing off my sticks here(:P). The HRAP3s have custom paint and there guts swapd for sixaxis with adapters. And the custom HAPP was made by me and my uncle(who I <3 very much), and thats about it.

Octagonal-gate, Art by Moshinobi

Square-gate, Art by Me

Art by Me and we f'ed up the plexi ill replace it wen i get the chance

Im so proud of my wiring(i mean cmon its a HAPP for godsake)

@nilcam that Garou stick is so hawt!
Cuando nos estemos enfrentando a la adversidad... el FUUUAAAAA! nos da caracter!

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2011, 05:52:46 PM »
Amazing craftmanship and  I love the design on both kof sticks. Is that a color edit of K'? I've never seen that image of him in color. Also the Yagami Clan Crest dustwasher on the Iori is top teir.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 05:55:22 PM by AmedoS310 »

cHuCo_

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2011, 05:58:56 PM »
Amazing craftmanship and  I love the design on both kof sticks. Is that a color edit of K'? I've never seen that image of him in color. Also the Yagami Clan Crest dustwasher on the Iori is top teir.

yup on photoshop but there is a image with color around the internet but 1. it only shows his face 2. his skin color is really of (like o.yashiro 02 art)
Cuando nos estemos enfrentando a la adversidad... el FUUUAAAAA! nos da caracter!

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2011, 05:41:36 AM »
Here's the Garou stick:

I love the form factor and layout of the NeoGeo stick. I've gutted one and replaced the buttons with 24mm Seimitsus and will put a PS360+ board in it when that arrives.

Thanks!..i couldn't find a pic anywhere on internet.Stick looks very nice - tho i do not plan to modify it because it's pretty hard to play with it at my max level, just for collection :)

KusoGaki

• Rising Dragon
  • King of Fighters [UK]
    • View Profile
    • King of Fighters [UK]
« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2011, 06:28:17 PM »
The garou stick is pretty good, i own one as well and use it as one of my main sticks.

I always wondered why AES owners preferred the Neo stick and after playing on one for the past year i can understand why.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2011, 03:03:39 AM »
You mean when did Melty take reverse beats from KOF, right? ;)
When did 2BA become useful in Melty Blood.

As for the Hori discussion a few pages back.

lol you know nothing on about making arcade sticks or quality of a stick you haven't even touched.
Spoiler about artwork on arcade sticks.

[spoiler]Artwork is either really generic or printed a little larger to have it still look good if the art is misaligned.[/spoiler]
You know nothing on about making sentences or properly forming you haven't tried.

I'm pretty sure making a stick like that wouldn't be that difficult so long as you have the materials / tools. My god all you need to do is heat seal plastics together, and add other misc parts (hinges, etc) to make it a full imitation. It could EASILY be done in only a few days for less than half the price.

I wasn't talking about the artwork, the layout of the buttons are terrible and badly aligned for actual play. Of course some people like that straight-line layout, but it's unconventional for mostly everybody. I realize that artwork is printed a tad larger than the stick itself so it won't look incorrect if the art is misaligned. If it's misaligned though, the company should get the machine fixed.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

jedpossum

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2011, 03:20:57 AM »
You mean when did Melty take reverse beats from KOF, right? ;)
When did 2BA become useful in Melty Blood.

As for the Hori discussion a few pages back.

lol you know nothing on about making arcade sticks or quality of a stick you haven't even touched.
Spoiler about artwork on arcade sticks.

[spoiler]Artwork is either really generic or printed a little larger to have it still look good if the art is misaligned.[/spoiler]
You know nothing on about making sentences or properly forming you haven't tried.

I'm pretty sure making a stick like that wouldn't be that difficult so long as you have the materials / tools. My god all you need to do is heat seal plastics together, and add other misc parts (hinges, etc) to make it a full imitation. It could EASILY be done in only a few days for less than half the price.

I wasn't talking about the artwork, the layout of the buttons are terrible and badly aligned for actual play. Of course some people like that straight-line layout, but it's unconventional for mostly everybody. I realize that artwork is printed a tad larger than the stick itself so it won't look incorrect if the art is misaligned. If it's misaligned though, the company should get the machine fixed.

LOL
GTFO with that.

Also, The VLX and TE use the same layout.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2011, 07:42:22 AM »
The HSS-0130 for the sega saturn is so hard to find and expensive...maybe one day i ll find one at a decent price.That is the only stick besides the vlx i am willing to spend some good money on.

Last time I checked the HSS-0130 is very similar in pricing to a VLX. Has it gone up since then?

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2011, 09:08:49 PM »
The VLX and TE use the same layout.
VLX has way less curvature, which is uncomfortable for many users fingers. Also, the start button should never be right next to the buttons unless it has an off button for the start, which it doesn't. Oh, and why is the headset port on the front? WORST LAYOUT EVER.

The only difference between a VLX and a TE, aside from the fact that the VLX is ugly as shit, and twice the price is the fact that the VLX can be opened up easier. It still breaks the warranty doing that. From the official site. "HORI is not responsible for any damages or failure to the product or parts if customized or if the top plate has been opened."

VLX. You pay for a quick-open modification panel that still breaks the warranty, a shitty layout, oversized body, and Sanwa parts.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2011, 11:02:00 PM »
VLX has way less curvature, which is uncomfortable for many users fingers. Also, the start button should never be right next to the buttons unless it has an off button for the start, which it doesn't. Oh, and why is the headset port on the front? WORST LAYOUT EVER.

Every person I know who's ever played on a VLX has not complained about the layout at all probably because the layout is the same. I'll change my mind on this if you can procure an image with measurements showing otherwise. The start button is where it is on pretty much every single cabinet for the player 1 side. I don't see people accidentally taunting left and right because they're hitting start by accident. Not going to comment on the headset port because I never paid attention to it.

The only difference between a VLX and a TE, aside from the fact that the VLX is ugly as shit, and twice the price is the fact that the VLX can be opened up easier. It still breaks the warranty doing that. From the official site. "HORI is not responsible for any damages or failure to the product or parts if customized or if the top plate has been opened."

I didn't realize that size and what material the body of the stick is made of did not matter at all. I guess playing on a tupperware stick is the same as using a TE so why don't we all just use that? Since the VLX is made to look like the Vewlix control panel that means the Vewlix is ugly as shit as well. Why is that the most expensive and sought after cab with people ordering custom kits just to replicate it. Of course it's going to void warranty if you do that, what company is going to say "Hey open up the product and do whatever you want inside of it! If you screw up we'll cover you no sweat!"

VLX. You pay for a quick-open modification panel that still breaks the warranty, a shitty layout, oversized body, and Sanwa parts.

I would gladly pay for a quick-open top panel and the layout and the body.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2011, 03:09:07 PM »
@Demoninja

Stop arguing with that bufon..he never played a vlx.The only difference when it comes to the layout between a vlx and the te stick is that the distance between the buttons is a bit larger (the vlx has teh same layout but the buttons are a bit closer to each other and to the stick).You can find pictures on the internet with the layout and you can compare them very easy even if you do not own a vlx.
But really now you can't compare a vlx with a te stick.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2011, 03:24:49 PM »
Square-gate, Art by Me

Art by Me and we f'ed up the plexi ill replace it wen i get the chance

That's some really nice artwork!  The katakana on the K' stick is also a cool touch (name, origin, and what he's going to do to you *laughs* ).

Every person I know who's ever played on a VLX has not complained about the layout at all probably because the layout is the same. I'll change my mind on this if you can procure an image with measurements showing otherwise.
I play regularly on my stick (TE) and my friends' sticks (various TEs and Horis), and each model does feel slightly different different, though they're all similar enough to be comfortable.  Hell, if anything, I think the TE is the least comfortable of the lot, even though it's what I'm always practicing on *laughs*

Man, this thread makes me want to do something with the art on my TE.  I mean, it'd make more sense if it showed a game that I actually played, plus it could be an excuse to spend a bit more to get a new top panel with an astro city layout.
Old man/bad player

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2011, 06:05:09 PM »
First intelligent person to attempt to argue that the VLX is good. Thank god that all VLX users aren't retards.

I didn't realize that size and what material the body of the stick is made of did not matter at all. I guess playing on a tupperware stick is the same as using a TE so why don't we all just use that? Since the VLX is made to look like the Vewlix control panel that means the Vewlix is ugly as shit as well. Why is that the most expensive and sought after cab with people ordering custom kits just to replicate it. Of course it's going to void warranty if you do that, what company is going to say "Hey open up the product and do whatever you want inside of it! If you screw up we'll cover you no sweat!"
Fairly certain that they're not using much more than other companies. They're probably using similar, if not the same plastics used in the TE. If not, test the tensile properties of both of the plastics and get the results.
Earlier one of the users stated that it would still be covered if you open up the panel to mod it. That was just to state he's wrong, really.

Vewlix == Cab
VLX == Stick
Stick != Cab
It might look good as a cab, but that doesn't mean it's good as a stick.

I would gladly pay for a quick-open top panel and the layout and the body.
Cheaper to make a quick-open panel yourself, even with something like PC/ABS. Hell, even PVC would make it nice. You can buy enough PVC to make a stick inside of for ~$40. Fuck, if you want to spend $300 on a stick, get some high-quality plastics that're better than that of a VLX.

Edit: Unnecessary slur. As has been stated many times, disagreeing is fine but be respectful!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:26:07 PM by nilcam »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2011, 01:00:43 AM »
I decided to make a new art for one of my sticks or a new mad catz te stick. Here's the art for it the stick: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/Amedo310/ArtHobbiesTEFullPanelTemplate_KinkosVerHIRAOKI.jpg
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:42:03 PM by AmedoS310 »