Author Topic: NGBC - Asura  (Read 9815 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
NGBC - Asura
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:42:02 PM »
Normals

Close
* cl. ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d are cancel-able.
* cl. ;a / ;b can chain into itself up to 2 hits.
* cl. ;b can hit up to 4 hits if not canceled with another ;b .
* cl. ;c knocks back but does not knock down.

Standing
* st. ;d is the only normal that is cancel-able and that can be whiff canceled.
* st. ;d knocks back but does not knock down.

Crouching
* ;dn ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d are cancel-able.
* ;dn ;c has a slight delay when canceling into a special.
* ;dn ;a can chain into itself up to 3 hits.
* ;dn ;b can hit up to 2 times if not canceled into a special normal or special move.
* ;dn ;c can hit up to 2 times if close enough to opponent.
* ;dn ;d causes tech-able knockdown.

Jumping
* ;ub / ;up / ;uf ;a / ;d have low hit boxes, but  ;ub / ;up / ;uf ;a is further out in distance.
* ;ub / ;up / ;uf ;b is a crazy scythe attack that has okay range.
* ;ub / ;up / ;uf ;c is a spin attack that has good range. Good move to use for retreating.

Guard Cancel Tag Attack
* Pressing the ;e button while blocking will allow Asura to do counter with st. D, and he will then tag out.

Throw
Iuvart: ;bk / ;fd +  ;c ;d
*Can be broken. Does 2 hits and puts the opponent far enough to zone.

==Command Moves==
Soroinen: ;db + ;c  
* Asura does a low sword swipe that trips the opponent. The opponent can tech from this move. Soroinen also has a slight delay but comes out slightly faster when used in a combo (i.e. - ;dn ;c , ;db + ;c ).

Ueriel: ;bk + ;d
* Asura does a standing low kick that can only cancel into either ;db + ;d , ;fd + ;d , ;qcf + ;e or a DM/SDM of choice.

Lostel: ;db + ;d
* Asura does a low kick that can only cancel into either ;db + ;d , ;fd + ;d , ;qcf + ;e or a DM/SDM of choice.

Uerine: ;fd + ;d
* Asura does a standing forward kick that doesn't cancel into anything at all, not even an AC Tactical Step.

Gresiru: in the air, ;dn + ;d
* Asura does a variant of ;ub / ;up / ;uf ;d . The only benefit is that there's another way to cross up instead of using ;ub / ;up / ;uf ;d , although nothing is guaranteed.

Special Moves
Asmodeus: ;qcf + ;a / ;b / ;c
* Asura shoots energy arrows. The button strength determines the number of arrows ( ;a =1, ;b =2, and ;c =3), and the speed ( ;a =fastest, ;b =fast, ;c =moderate).

Belphegor: ;dp + ;a / ;b / ;c
* Asura stabs the ground with his sword, while summoning a lance that shoots upward before going back into the ground. The button strength determines the distance that the lance appears on the screen ( ;a =close, ;b =mid-range, ;c =far). This move can relaunch the opponent and is used heavily in his infinite. This move can be super canceled.

Mammon: ;hcb + ;a / ;b / ;c
* Asura quickly throws a shield out that acts as a counter. If the opponent hits Asura, spikes shoot out of the shield. Only the ;b version of this move can be canceled into specials or supers. One thing to note, this shield can reflect projectiles!!!

Seere: ;qcb ;qcb + ;a / ;b
* Asura makes the screen turn black as he takes his sword out slowly and slashes the opponent. The only difference between ;a and ;b is that Asura dashes further with ;b . This move is unblockable.

Beelzebub: ;qcb ;qcb + ;c
* Asura makes the screen turn black, but he brings out his axe and pounds the ground, producing energy that shoots out around the axe. This move knocks the opponent down and is unblockable. This move can also hit the opponent at any range.

Desperation Moves
Archangel: ;qcb ;hcf + ;d
* Asura does a super unblockable version of ;dp + ;a / ;b / ;c . If the move hits the opponent, it stuns them long enough to cancel into another super or to do a combo of choice. If the super isn't canceled into, Asura will continue with the regular super animation of a Seere ( ;qcb ;qcb + ;a / ;b ) follow up. The lance that shoots out is closer to Asura than the ;dp + ;a version.

Satan: ;qcb ;hcf + ;a / ;b / ;c (requires 2 stocks of meter)
* Asura brings that massive axe out and hits the opponent. If the move hits, Asura continues with a series of attacks with lances.

Combos and strats are found here: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Asura_(NGBC)

Here's the color palettes for Asura which are also found on that website:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:15:12 PM by jinxhand »

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NGBC - Asura
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 09:45:59 PM »
One thing to note: he's the only character that can cancel a super into another super:

;qcb ;hcf + ;d , ;qcb ;hcf + ;a / ;b / ;c .

Not sure if that's the best combo he has from this move, but it's still something to take note of...

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 04:36:12 AM »
Just picked this up, interested in Shiki a good bit, what would you say are his biggest weaknesses?

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 05:15:14 AM »
Just picked this up, interested in Shiki a good bit, what would you say are his biggest weaknesses?

From playing as him and fighting him, I feel his issue really ends up being that all of his attacks have to be thought out carefully... He can create space to zone quickly with just a simple throw or his ;dp + ;a / ;b / ;c (or even his jumping ;c ) and that can help him use the arrow specials effectively, but even that has to be used properly or the opponent will hop right back to your location and rush down (most people I've seen use multiple arrows, then use the ;a arrow special which is one arrow that's faster than the other versions... At the same time, his counters if timed right can allow him to cancel into a super, and/or create space again for zoning... 

I do like how when in close, Asura can get in as much damage as possible with his command normals... That's probably the best thing he's got going for him is that his command normals are better than his specials at times... A majority of those specials have some sort of slow recovery time or delay that can hurt him in the long run... On the flipside of that though, he has good unblockable setups and a high damage combo although it requires alot of meter (it can be found on YouTube)...

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 04:28:13 PM »
Oh yeah, his infinite involving his ;dp moves are avoidable simply by teching... There have been some people who get caught in it, and they see it, but don't try to get out of it... Another thing that I also noticed using him is that if you think you're gonna get GCFS'ed into a combo of some sorts, use that counter special he has... Most players (myself included) will assume that one can easily punish Asura because his moves are slow, or might have negative frames... That's when his counter comes in... I even believe he can cancel his standing ;c with ;hcb ;a move (I'll test it tonight to confirm, I can't remember off the bat)...

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 07:24:35 PM »
Standing ;c can be ducked under by almost everybody in the game, except for Cyber Woo, and I believe Shishioh.

Just realized how much mixup potential he has, despite some of the moves coming out slow. He has some natural chains listed in the wiki, and I'm currently testing to see which ones can be ACTS'ed into something else...

***EDIT***

Kim can completely duck under st. ;c -- I believe he has the lowest ;dn in the whole game. Asura has to be literally close to the him in order for it to hit in a crouch state. Mr. Big can get hit while ducking st. ;c if he's not blocking. Once he blocks, the move gets whiffed completely because the hitbox gets pushed down. Shishioh can get hit while crouching, too.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:03:30 PM by jinxhand »

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 05:20:24 PM »
As posted on the general thread, Asura has a good ACTS combo off of st. ;d that works on everyone in the game. st. ;d , ACTS, st. ;c . The only way this can get screwed up is if the move was done late, which would still make Asura safe because even if the opponent were to GCFS, he wouldn't be in range to do anything, even ;qcf ;e on after blocking would not connect. This led me to trying out a few things.

st. ;d , ;dp + ;a seems to be something worth using since it can keep you safe from a jump in. This might not be the case all of the time, as there are some characters who can straight up avoid that altogether like Mars People, Hanzo, Cyber Woo, and a few others I believe, so varying the ;dp move to something more close to the opponent might prevent them from a jump in even more. In some cases, st. ;d , ;qcf + ;a can do the trick and provide pushback, allowing Asura to zone effectively.

;dn ;c , ;df ;c , while doesn't combo, can be used as a block string that can be canceled into ;dp + ;b , which comes up right where the character stands, pushing them back further if blocked. The only thing with this is that there is a gap where the opponent can dash in and attack. The window is small, though. I'm trying to see if there are any other strings that could be safer, but the only best option I could come up with is either using ;qcf + ;a / ;b ( ;b is slightly slower, but locks a crouching opponent in block stun just enough to push back further with st. ;c ) or forcing a guessing game with ;qcb + ;a / ;b / ;c , which doesn't always favor Asura depending on the character.

Also, remember, in cases where Kim can only counter with ;dn ;d , break that ;qcb ;c out. Kim is one of a few characters who can punish from afar without using meter for a ranbu DM.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 11:20:35 PM »
Unblockable setup : 5B (2 Hits) 2B (1 Hit) 1C 214214B

Blah.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 07:00:08 PM »
I just realized something. His 5D~AB, 5C combo actually takes about 25% of the health bar, and that's not on counter hit. So with that said, Asura can always have at least one stock always if played right. I'm gonna test this out to see how much this does on counter hit, and what options he has from this move. The only real downside to this move is that this move hits high, so against the shorties, there's a chance to whiff. I'll see who specifically can whiff, and who can't based on hitbox properties... Asura does seem like a threat within range, but once he gets closed in, he's limited to 5B, 2B, and his command kick pokes (which can also be used as his BnB combo)...

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 03:32:24 AM »
Asura does seem like a threat within range, but once he gets closed in, he's limited to 5B, 2B

I wouldn't call that a limit considering they're fantastic normals that lead to epic high damage combos.

5B 2B (1 hit) 1C 623A 623A 2141236B

Asura's primary issue is forcing the enemy away. Even if he seems like he'd be good with it, his arrows come out slow and the lances take a bit of prediction, and he doesn't have much midscreen aside from his basic juggles.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 08:26:56 AM »
Asura does seem like a threat within range, but once he gets closed in, he's limited to 5B, 2B

I wouldn't call that a limit considering they're fantastic normals that lead to epic high damage combos.

5B 2B (1 hit) 1C 623A 623A 2141236B

Asura's primary issue is forcing the enemy away. Even if he seems like he'd be good with it, his arrows come out slow and the lances take a bit of prediction, and he doesn't have much midscreen aside from his basic juggles.

I say limited, because he needs enough frames to execute that, and his command kicks are really the only thing available to him pending the matchup. Some matchups have crazy rushdown and only allow for those command kicks, which only do good damage if done repeatedly. Other matchups will allow him to use 2B and 5B, and most times it will end up being a punish combo, beit from a whiff or negative frames during recovery...

As for the combo mentioned, that's 3C. He has to blue cancel to connect, and he can only cancel into his ;qcb ;hcf ;c super. So it would end up looking like this:

5B, 2B~AB, 2C (1hit) xx 2141236C

This actually does about close to 1/2 life, which is ok given it takes 2 stocks of meter to do...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 08:33:36 AM by jinxhand »

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 09:22:45 PM »

I say limited, because he needs enough frames to execute that, and his command kicks are really the only thing available to him pending the matchup. Some matchups have crazy rushdown and only allow for those command kicks, which only do good damage if done repeatedly. Other matchups will allow him to use 2B and 5B, and most times it will end up being a punish combo, beit from a whiff or negative frames during recovery...

As for the combo mentioned, that's 3C. He has to blue cancel to connect, and he can only cancel into his ;qcb ;hcf ;c super. So it would end up looking like this:

This actually does about close to 1/2 life, which is ok given it takes 2 stocks of meter to do...
His 1C is a command normal that induces a juggle state. You don't need a blue-cancel.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 01:24:48 AM »

His 1C is a command normal that induces a juggle state. You don't need a blue-cancel.

I did the combo from the right side facing left, so that's why I mixed the 1 for 3... :s

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 02:40:03 AM »
But yeah, why did you state you have to bluecancel? It's a total waste of meter. :U

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 08:24:49 AM »
But yeah, why did you state you have to bluecancel? It's a total waste of meter. :U

You can link 5B, 2B, to 2C, which can only be canceled with a super, or if you want to extend the combo, you can blue cancel. Canceling 2C to the super doesn't always combo mid-screen, so its best in the corner.