Author Topic: The Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread, Larga vida al rey magneto!  (Read 77372 times)

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
Re: Who getting MVC 3?
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2011, 11:36:08 AM »
without any technical discussion on why you think x-factor is so bad, i can't take your statement seriously. also, no, they aren't going to patch out a major mechanic from their game

Just look at that video man ... does that need to be explained in "technical terms"? That to me is called bullshit... in a few days i will get the game and i am sure it will be fun to play but when it comes to competitional gameplay X-factor for sure will bring a lot of drama and salt if it's not nerfed at least (also a lot of characters will chip damage the hell out of you with x factor) - a good solution to this might also be to turn damage to low - yipes made some kind of demo here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC_KoDQIFvo&feature=player_embedded and suggested the same thing when it comes to tournament play, not because of only the x factor but also because of the high damage in game with medium level selected.I am not complaining  it's just an obvious observation for now...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:56:59 AM by KBlackNoah »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2011, 11:54:06 AM »
If i've understood it right x-factor activation works as a reversal but can only be used from the ground, it then resets and locks damage scaling for it's duration so that everything does full damage.

I heard that when someone does a l m h heavy chain you are supposed to be able to activate x-factor inbetween the medium and the heavy attack and turn shit right around.. I don't know, it may be op, but i do think that is what they where aiming for.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2011, 12:02:46 PM »
If i've understood it right x-factor activation works as a reversal but can only be used from the ground, it then resets and locks damage scaling for it's duration so that everything does full damage.

I heard that when someone does a l m h heavy chain you are supposed to be able to activate x-factor inbetween the medium and the heavy attack and turn shit right around.. I don't know, it may be op, but i do think that is what they where aiming for.

just look at this shit man :)) ... look at it!

http://www.gamercafe.cl/2011/02/13/marvel-vs-capcom-3-wat-waaaaaaaaaaaat/#comments

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2011, 06:33:09 PM »

yes, XF can only be activated while on the ground. you can use it to cancel out blockstun. say if someone is rushing you down, instead of advance guard (pushblock) you can XF the blockstun and reversal with a command grab (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GIsy1tysQ4) or anything with invincible frames. you could also use it to negate chip, such as during hailstorm, and continue blocking afterwards. remember that it powers up your whole team as well. i think people are looking at the possibilities as too offensively oriented with it's damage scaling buffs. i mean you could even use it for whiff cancelling into command grab/grab supers. i feel like it'll be an interesting mechanic and that people should give it a shot before thinking "ZOMG! BIG DAMAGE!"

plus you have to decide when and where to use it. should i use it early game to kill a point character? should i use it for life regain/chip negation? should i use it for an OCV comeback? keep in mind that unlike sf4 ultras, you have access to it the entire match and it changes levels according to how many characters you have left, which makes its implementation that much more thoughtful mid-game.

just look at this shit man :)) ... look at it!

http://www.gamercafe.cl/2011/02/13/marvel-vs-capcom-3-wat-waaaaaaaaaaaat/#comments

yeah i've seen it. it's lvl3 x-factor and dark phoenix. i don't know why people are surprised. it's like you haven't seen lvl3 x-factor thor.

honestly, the overall damage output of the game may limit a lot of high level competition potential, but that remains to be seen. give the game some time. it only came out today.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2011, 07:28:57 PM »
If anyone gets a chance, try it out on both 360 and PS3. I hear there's a speed difference, but haven't gotten to try out a 360 version yet.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2011, 08:31:26 PM »
I don't think noone is shitting on the game. all I said was that I don't like the button setups. Like I've been saying to others, I understand if they want to make the game more accessible to beginners, but is it that hard to just crouch and hit the HP button?

And the game may have come out today but a lot of players have had the game for a few days now. And some of those players happen to be top level players. But like you said, I'm not going to jump to conclusion like a lot of people and claim stupid crap because the game is only less than a week old.

But even so, I think the biggest concern is how much damage even without X-Factor the characters do. And this is with the damage set to medium. characters like storm can take off close to 60-70% of your life with one combo and only having to use one super bar. And as much as X-Factor is an interesting concept, you can already tell a lot of people will mainly only use it when their last character is left and if that is Storm, it's already a verdict that her Level 3 X-Factor with at least 3 super bars = tons of chip damage from hail storm.

I actually am hoping that damage set to low will become the standard. I don't agree with Sandford Kelly saying there will be too many time over matches if it is set to that because the rushing game in Marvel 3 is amazing with a lot of characters.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2011, 11:34:34 PM »
If anyone gets a chance, try it out on both 360 and PS3. I hear there's a speed difference, but haven't gotten to try out a 360 version yet.

I have the 360 version, and I haven't noticed any lag whatsoever... I do know that Tekken 6 loaded almost as fast as the arcade version on the 360 version and the ps3 was the slowest one, so I'm thinking that could be the case for mvc3 but in terms of actual gameplay... The ps3 version of a few other games were known to have lag issues (Marvel Ultimate Alliance was a good example of that)...

I'll ask around though...

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2011, 01:15:30 AM »
I just got myself a copy today for the 360.

I'm almost finished with a few people's missions lol.
You're too slow!!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2011, 02:43:35 AM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/feb/15/dlc-costume-images-marvel-vs-capcom-3-trailers/

Alternative outfits are more cool than the ones used in SSF IV

If ryu one fucks your joystick to the point that you will try to do a hadoken for the entire round I will bought it  :)

Waifu Material

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2011, 07:04:39 PM »
For some reason, I could never get myself properly hyped for this game...  :(

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2011, 07:09:51 PM »
fuck

no.

not really into airdashers, especially 1 featuring gay men in different colored spandex suits. i dont like loli's, but id rather see ah3 or mbaaac than any of this gay shit. not homophobic, but when the designs are all this gay (and a broken airdasher to boot) i'll pass. game looks like shit btw, but probably not a turtle borefest like s/sf4. if so, the only good point of the game.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2011, 07:43:47 PM »
fuck

no.

not really into airdashers, especially 1 featuring gay men in different colored spandex suits. i dont like loli's, but id rather see ah3 or mbaaac than any of this gay shit. not homophobic, but when the designs are all this gay (and a broken airdasher to boot) i'll pass. game looks like shit btw, but probably not a turtle borefest like s/sf4. if so, the only good point of the game.
how dare you call the cap'n gay

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2011, 09:18:31 PM »
I heard the netcode for this game is no good, theirs  lot of mixed reviews about it

krazykone123

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2011, 09:42:23 PM »
I heard the netcode for this game is no good, theirs  lot of mixed reviews about it

It was good, I was playing online since the 12th and the netcode was legit, it was on some Blazblue shit before all the Gamestop kids got their copies.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2011, 02:07:57 AM »
The netcode is sf 4 like. Make sure you put the setting to search for English language and same region.