Author Topic: The Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread, Larga vida al rey magneto!  (Read 77353 times)

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Who getting UMVC 3?
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2011, 09:53:21 PM »
That Racoon is from Guardian's of the Galaxy, one of Marvels more popular titles and one of the more popular characters from it. Do you any of you even read comics?

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2011, 09:56:18 PM »
Vanilla is the best flavor ever

A fucking Raccoon?!?!?!?! are you kidding me?

I know

Capcom sucks at their characters roster

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2011, 10:03:42 PM »
That Racoon is from Guardian's of the Galaxy, one of Marvels more popular titles and one of the more popular characters from it. Do you any of you even read comics?

It's a fucking Raccoon!

Vanilla is the best flavor ever

GTFO

I know

Capcom sucks at their characters roster
[/quote]

Very much.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2011, 10:07:39 PM »
Behold! Capcom new logo!

Definitely feeling their intentions in that logo!

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2011, 10:18:17 PM »
The new DMC is like wtf is this shit? MegaMan Legends 3 got canceled and now one of the UMVC3 characters spot is a fucking raccoon! What next? A fucking poodle? What happen to the old capcom that made sick games like SF3 3rd Strike, MVC1, MVC2, Xmen vs street fighter etc. Please Capcom if you ever plan to make CVS3 dont trash it like MVC3 =[

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »

To be fair, Rocket Raccoon is awesome. He's a sentient space exploring Raccoon. He's too good to be in MvC3.

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2011, 10:58:44 PM »
Did anyone sell their copy of MVC3 after seeing this news?

Why Capcom, why do you troll me so  :(?

*Sigh* Still no Megaman, but at least we get Strider.
You're too slow!!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2011, 11:09:46 PM »
To carry the question about why it's bad for no females in 12 update char's of UMvC3... it's just lame, lol. -ahem- Fighters normally have a pretty good sense of "balance"; they add characters of different races, sexes, sizes, colors, backgrounds, etc. U-3 is adding 2 guys with semi-quickdraw styles, 2 guys with skintight-lookin outfits with yellow as primary colors, a zombie-looking things and a man who hunts zombies for fun, like 5 total characters who all have blue as a strong color in their default outfit designs... it's just a bit odd. They add a cast list equal in size to SFIICE, but not 1 woman? Has there ever been this many characters added into a series update, without one?

And not a single black guy in the game, lol. 50 characters! And we get Tentacle'd Eyeballs, Racoons, Gargoyles, and growth-stunted armored knights before we get a black male! :( As one myself, I do find that pretty "uh.. what the hell?!?", lol. Like Luke Cage or Black Panther couldn't do 70% of what Ghost Rider (a dude with a skull head, wow) does, haha. Oh wait, we got Spencer, right? He has Dreads, so of COURSE he's black, too! LoL.  

Not even going to speak for other under/non-represented minorities. A whole comic universe, and all the characters at Capcom's disposal, and THIS is what they come up with? -sigh-

The initial cast of MvC3 just had me expecting something a bit better balanced, cast-rep wise. I'm sure I'll enjoy a lot of these characters from a gameplay standpoint, and when it comes to gameplay, variety of looks don't matter much. But for the amount added, I think they could have had more variety of looks and creeds for these slots.

(Oh, and I'd rather see Megaman X ride of someone with a hover bike / Rider armor, then Ghost Rider with his cycle! As much as I'll enjoy the idea of "Penance Stare!"'n evil to death, can you tell that, as a character, he doesn't excite me at all?)

I hope Iron Fist helps make up for the lack of Gene / Asura (from Asura's Wrath) being there. Though he can't replace Jin and BLODIA! (I prefer Mecha fist to Iron Fist, thanks!)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2011, 11:13:17 PM »

To be fair, Rocket Raccoon is awesome. He's a sentient space exploring Raccoon. He's too good to be in MvC3.

(argh... which I could make it smaller)

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2011, 11:16:10 PM »
*Wolverine's divekick had its angle changed like it did in MSHvSF.
J-Boogie *The lifebars look better in actual gameplay, but only slightly.
J-Boogie *Assist timers regenerate quicker.
J-Boogie *Hawkeye has acrobatic command jumps. (!!!) They're really fast and can cross up and he can fire arrows out of them and
J-Boogie *It looks like more damage is red overall, to negate the X-Factor nerfs since X-Factor recovers red health (which would be fitting as a comeback mechanic).
J-Boogie *X-Factor reduces damage scaling slightly, but doesn't boost move damage except for super moves.
only_SK_hates_you you all are coming here to celebrate me trolling you guys with bad games
J-Boogie * I don't know if this was posted yet, but it looks like the magic pixel health is gone. I really hope that's the case.
*Akuma's tatsumaki no longer negates projectiles

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2011, 11:24:14 PM »
^Liking those changes so far.

But indeed, the new health bar is great, works great to know which character you have 1st and 2nd in the back. I can now know that the top character is my R1 and the bottom character is my R2 (DS3 controller here).

What I didn't like was the Super bar, didn't fit with the style of the health bar IMO.

I still wish Jin, Gene and Gambit would had made it into the game. But I'm happy with Vergil, now my team will be Dante, Vergil and Strider.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2011, 11:43:01 PM »
BAM!

jedpossum

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2011, 11:44:22 PM »
Since only a few of you know how awesome Rocket Raccoon is Flying around. I hope he has a AHVB.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2011, 12:11:55 AM »
Damn I'm really getting sick of Capcom. SF is the only fighter you usually see them do multiple rehashes of so I felt confident at the time I bought MvC3 that it was the only version of the game there was going to be. This bullshit needs to stop. It would be one thing if MvC3 felt like a complete game and Capcom gave a more reasonable amount of time between releases, but they are not and it feels like they are trying to take advantage of us.

The part that pisses me off the most is I like Capcom's games. But I am afraid they have gone too far this time. I'm really tempted to ignore this game completely just out of principal. I'm too angry right now to really make a final decision though.

The exclusion of Mega Man X and the Punisher (my favorite Marvel character) is also something that kills my excitement for this game.

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2011, 12:36:53 AM »
People bitching about Rocket Raccoon needs to go read some god damn comics. Don't be mad that marvel has an audience of people that aren't just players of previous vs. games.

Now i'll be waiting to see my Guardians of the Galaxy Cameos...