Author Topic: The Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread, Larga vida al rey magneto!  (Read 77361 times)

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Who getting UMVC 3?
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2011, 03:40:03 AM »
Releasing two version of the same fighting game 2 seasons apart, has this ever happened before? I think they'll push the release date back to decemeber.

UMVC3 being streamed: Unity Events
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:56:15 AM by AmedoS310 »

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2011, 04:00:09 AM »
Releasing two version of the same fighting game 2 seasons apart, has this ever happened before? I think they'll push the release date back to decemeber.

UMVC3 being streamed: Unity Events
Probably not.

Lol, streams.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2011, 04:14:26 AM »
I wonder if they are doing this to compete with KOFXIII? It's so weird after all the hype KOFXIII is getting (LOL conspiracy theories XD).

On a serious note, I don't think it's smart for Capcom to be doing this. Imagine the people who just bought MVC3 only to find out there is a UMVC3 coming in 4 months. This game could literally bomb based on the fact that people may feel cheated out of their money due to a different upgraded version coming out months after the original release.

We will see what happens. It's Capcom we are talking about, people are probably going to give them their money anyway. However, there is a good chance of what I said above is going to happen.
You're too slow!!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2011, 05:49:40 AM »
What happen to the old capcom that made sick games like SF3 3rd Strike, MVC1, MVC2, Xmen vs street fighter etc.

That Capcom died right after CVS2. This is the new Capcom.

As far as the Raccoon goes, it's an odd choice for sure. Squirrel Girl would've made more sense, and having read that JLA Special featuring Deadpool I could actually look forward to her interactions with the other characters.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2011, 05:59:37 AM »
I wonder if they are doing this to compete with KOFXIII? It's so weird after all the hype KOFXIII is getting (LOL conspiracy theories XD).

On a serious note, I don't think it's smart for Capcom to be doing this. Imagine the people who just bought MVC3 only to find out there is a UMVC3 coming in 4 months. This game could literally bomb based on the fact that people may feel cheated out of their money due to a different upgraded version coming out months after the original release.

We will see what happens. It's Capcom we are talking about, people are probably going to give them their money anyway. However, there is a good chance of what I said above is going to happen.

It worked for Apple and their Iphone and Ipad products... Maybe Capcom is thinking the same thing...

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2011, 07:05:04 AM »
Might buy it.. But then again, sfxt will be fresh upon its release, 3rd strike is on its way etc.. I don't get capcom, are they trying to kill the market?

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2011, 07:57:19 AM »
That's a good point. SFxTK is poised to come out around early 2012 so yeah... Capcom's really milking the cow. One can guess they're announce a new Rival Schools or Darkstalkers around 2012/2013 and then Street Fighter 5 in 2014.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2011, 08:10:31 AM »
Well shit.

Is it just me, or is Capcom trying to have a fighting presence anytime another fighter is out?
KOFXIII followed by UMVC3 next month.
Maybe SFxT followed by TTT2, SCV, or something else just months apart.
Mortal Kombat sanwiched between OMVC3 and SSFIVAE (lucky it was already popluar here).

I'm just as pissed as nearly all the others who bought OMVC3 on launch. May take a gun to my head to get UMVC3, even at $40. Only people I'm looking forward to playing is Strider, Vergil, and Nemesis (really glad he made it to this one) out of the new characters, and I can't wait to see how Phoenix (Wright) is supposed to play.

I really wonder what the reaction to this one will be come launch. Will the crowd saying "too soon" still buy it first day? Sorry to say probably. But how are we supposed to value a Capcom fighter now when the revision shows up quicker than a movie shuttling from theatres to DVD.  I mean, give a wallet some time to breathe before you apply pressure till money falls out; try making a game worth the money while you're at it. I want a new rule established in the industry - no fighter (particularly Capcom) is allowed any major disc-based revision until it's been through a minimum of two EVOs.

What's almost even more irrationally maddening is SNK planned so it wouldn't be rivaling anything, especially SSFIVAE, and Capcom sneak attacks with UMVC3, almost just for the sake of. I do hope SNK doesn't have the uphill battle it looks like it's going to have with promotion; hopefully Atlus has taken notice and is already on keeping gamers aware, and hopefully EVO will keep up and build more anticipation.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:16:57 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2011, 09:40:23 AM »
It happened... it actually fucking happened! Capcom rehashed an MVC game!

What next? Am I gonna see the Horsemen of the Apocalypse outside of my house?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2011, 10:11:01 AM »
It happened... it actually fucking happened! Capcom rehashed an MVC game!

no nathan drake will be in the next street fighter

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2011, 12:29:02 PM »
That Capcom died right after CVS2. This is the new Capcom.
Too bad the fanbase won't die with it. :(

This game could literally bomb based on the fact that people may feel cheated out of their money due to a different upgraded version coming out months after the original release.
Unfortunately it won't happen. Most modern-day Capcom fans are stupid beyond belief, so they'll buy it all the same. Same reason AE is selling.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2011, 01:01:55 PM »
playmore did the same thing and added nothing extra with kof 98 um and kof 2002um - not to mention milking the old snk games like there's no tomorrow.The only difference is that Capcom actually makes some money LOL.Stop bitching

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2011, 01:07:46 PM »
playmore did the same thing and added nothing extra with kof 98 um and kof 2002um - not to mention milking the old snk games like there's no tomorrow.The only difference is that Capcom actually makes some money LOL.Stop bitching
98UM / 2002UM were significant updates and bugfixes. Also, there aren't eight versions of 2002 / 98. There's two. UM and Vanilla. There are seven SF2's, three SF3's, three SFA's, three SF4's, two MvC3's. You can't compare releasing a UM with significant updates to releasing a new SF2 with only one / two extra characters.
Explain how they're milking older SNK games, when Capcom is doing the same.
Stop being a retard.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:10:13 PM by Remzi »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2011, 01:09:06 PM »
playmore did the same thing and added nothing extra with kof 98 um and kof 2002um

But Dude, that was almost 10 years after the original games came out, and they added a ton of new characters, fixed the inputs, and rebalanced it. UMVC3 comes out 9 months after the original.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2011, 01:30:45 PM »
But Dude, that was almost 10 years after the original games came out, and they added a ton of new characters, fixed the inputs, and rebalanced it. UMVC3 comes out 9 months after the original.
Pretty much. Here's a little thought though.

2002 to 2002UM - 23 characters added, one removed.
98 to 98UM - 18~ characters added.
New system mechanics were introduced in both UM versions (Ultimate Bar, etc)

Now let's take a look at SF2. Through that course of ten years, four characters were added. Oh, and a meter system / character styles. (HSF2)

Same thing, amiryte?