Author Topic: The Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread, Larga vida al rey magneto!  (Read 77364 times)

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
Re: Who getting UMVC 3?
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2011, 02:15:56 PM »
playmore did the same thing and added nothing extra with kof 98 um and kof 2002um

But Dude, that was almost 10 years after the original games came out, and they added a ton of new characters, fixed the inputs, and rebalanced it. UMVC3 comes out 9 months after the original.

come on man it happened like yesterday LOL

KOf 98 um, kof 98 um final edition (nothing extra)

kof 2002um, kof 2002um tougeki edition (nothing extra), kof 2002um final edition (nothing extra)

need i say more?

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2011, 02:36:47 PM »
Actually there are significant differences between 2K2UM and Tougeki. Tougeki is rebalanced and tons of small changes were made.

As far as the Final Editions, these are ports to the Nesicaxlive system to keep them in arcades. If they are ported to home consoles, which seems unlikely, it's very different than the MvC3 situation. MvC3 came out about a year before UMvC3. 98UM came out years after 98UM and 98UMFE came out years after that.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:41:07 PM by nilcam »

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2011, 02:48:37 PM »
Actually there are significant differences between 2K2UM and Tougeki. Tougeki is rebalanced and tons of small changes were made.

As far as the Final Editions, these are ports to the Nesicaxlive system to keep them in arcades. If they are ported to home consoles, which seems unlikely, it's very different than the MvC3 situation. MvC3 came out about a year before UMvC3. 98UM came out years after 98UM and 98UMFE came out years after that.
Not even a year, it's like ten months. (Feb 11th for MvC3 release, November is the supposed release date. Alas, UMvC3 is already in arcades.)
The final editions probably won't ever hit consoles, unfortunately. Too bad they can't just update 2002UM / 98UM on XBLA to Final Edition.

KBlackNoah, quit persisting that SNK did the same thing. It's obvious they didn't.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2011, 02:56:52 PM »
it's the same thing even worse (you just defend playmore using some kids arguments - there were no extras but  hitbox and damage value changes 2002um tougeki came after a few monhs after regular 2002um - this was the point of the discusion no, we were talking about extras and releasing a rehash after little time?).still this doesn t matter because 13 will fail.Leaving asside umvc3 october a lot of good games will be released that period, if playmore or atlus wants to make money they must make teh game attractive to the casual gamer...the casual gamer which will spend his money on uncharted, batman whatever, resistance 3, and other shit that gets released before and after october.especially in europe the price is just outrageous.last post in this discussion for me ... fanboys will be fanboys - have fun

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2011, 03:02:35 PM »
To be fair, the various versions of SF2 had the same sort of subtle rebalancing as 2002UM to Tougeki.  Do people not remember things like getting thrown during blockstun (and back when there was no throw teching, to boot *laughs*)?  Both cases seem the same at a casual glance but have lots of little tweaks that players of the affected characters would notice.

That being said, it's pretty dirty of Capcom to already be putting out a new version of MvC3.  Makes me glad that I lost interest in the game after playing it for a few weeks.
Old man/bad player

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2011, 04:13:35 PM »
it's the same thing even worse (you just defend playmore using some kids arguments - there were no extras but  hitbox and damage value changes 2002um tougeki came after a few monhs after regular 2002um - this was the point of the discusion no, we were talking about extras and releasing a rehash after little time?).still this doesn t matter because 13 will fail.Leaving asside umvc3 october a lot of good games will be released that period, if playmore or atlus wants to make money they must make teh game attractive to the casual gamer...the casual gamer which will spend his money on uncharted, batman whatever, resistance 3, and other shit that gets released before and after october.especially in europe the price is just outrageous.last post in this discussion for me ... fanboys will be fanboys - have fun

Tougeki had dlc to pay for and collector's editions that some people bought? Also, did tougeki come out in America or world wide twice?

"kof 2002um final edition": Evidence?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:29:30 PM by AmedoS310 »

krazykone123

« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2011, 04:37:48 PM »
need i say more?

Okay I probably shouldn't respond but I'm bored, rebalanced versions of fighting games without additional characters have been the "thing" since SF2 so it's nothing new, don't like it? don't buy it. As for the FE editions they're arcade exclusive Nesica updates (atm) so I don't see how you can really use that as a dig at PLAYMORE seeing how no one outside of Japan can play them. 2002UM Tougeki came out at a budget price and was promoted as a tentative console update/patch to help garner steam for it at SBO 2010, they didn't add any characters but that was the whole point. I swear SF2/MB/GG have way more quick fix iterations (and I don't mean any offense btw) and their fans don't bitch up a storm like SNKP fans do. KOF gets it's first three (quick) revisions and dude(s) says SNKP is already whoring iterations *smh*.

They're better ways to rip on SNKP, like their shitty KOF 94-98 ports, awful netcode, etc.

krazykone123

« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2011, 04:40:12 PM »
FITTAN GAMEZ!

Anyway if UMVC3 is anything like SUPER SFIV I'll get it for both systems.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2011, 04:43:55 PM »
MB
WAIT WHAT. How does MB have quickfix iterations aside from MBAACC, which has fairly good updates from the original MBAA (Serious balance fixes, bugfixes, character additions, etc). Plus MBAACC is still being worked on, like KOFXIII was until the current version. Fuck it.

I can understand the fact that the old rehashes that Capcom did were acceptable, because there weren't too many means of updating everything. Nowadays though, they could fix everything with a patch and some DLC.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2011, 05:10:53 PM »
still this doesn t matter because 13 will fail.

Let's all hope you're wrong about that one.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 21, 2011, 05:34:36 PM »
playmore did the same thing and added nothing extra with kof 98 um and kof 2002um - not to mention milking the old snk games like there's no tomorrow.The only difference is that Capcom actually makes some money LOL.Stop bitching

UM was released 10 years after the original ones, plus they did money, if weren't for 2002um, I seriously doubt that XIII would have been released

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 21, 2011, 06:32:03 PM »
so uh how bout that strider

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 21, 2011, 07:09:43 PM »

Strider's voice sure got deep.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2011, 07:16:04 PM »
It happened... it actually fucking happened! Capcom rehashed an MVC game!

What next? Am I gonna see the Horsemen of the Apocalypse outside of my house?

krazykone123

« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2011, 07:25:46 PM »

It looks like his health (still) sucks ass, and Clockwork is finally complete