Author Topic: The Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread, Larga vida al rey magneto!  (Read 77355 times)

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Who getting UMVC 3?
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2011, 07:36:54 PM »
so uh how bout that strider

It looks like his health (still) sucks ass, and Clockwork is finally complete

Too bad Ouroboros is a lvl3 now.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2011, 08:02:55 PM »

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2011, 08:26:18 PM »
so uh how bout that strider

It looks like his health (still) sucks ass, and Clockwork is finally complete

I don't think that team's gonna play the same though... Doom really doesn't play the same... Sentinel still retains some bullshitery, but Strider seems slower, and his playstyle seems to be reliant on everything he has instead of teleport, block string, teleport, dash block string, doom assist, etc... 2 weak characters in terms of health, plus a different Doom might not work "traditionally speaking"... That isn't to say that there isn't some other strat that can come from this team though... Still won't do much against Trollverine and his dive kick...

Ryu officially became Ryuclops now that his Shinkuu Hadoken bounces offa walls...

I just wish the system was like TvC tbh... Baroque combos allowed for good combos and comebacks, but nothing made it broken. I also liked how characters could air dash, and how everyone could do it... Made for more rushdown and less zoning, too...

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2011, 09:25:24 PM »
Zoning sucks dick in MvC3 alreayd and you want it to be worse?

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2011, 10:28:27 PM »
Zoning doesn't suck that bad in MvC3-- that is, it depends on your setup (of course), and the matchup... On the flipside to that, rushdown ain't all that either... You've got some flyers but its not crazy triangle rushdown like in MvC2... Air dashing isn't gonna make that worse either... If anything, air dashing can help some characters escape and get space, especially if they don't have a dash at all, or its jacked up and slow like Doom's dash...

Real talk, I could bust out Doom, Arthur, and Task and zone all day if I wanted to... It's not gonna work on all the matchups though... Also, I believe the stages are shorter length-wise, so zoning isn't gonna be the big thing that it was in MvC2...

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2011, 11:16:44 PM »
all new low for capcom

oh wait

I WAS WRONG!

And The Most Hated Company of the Year Award goes to: Capcom!!!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2011, 02:07:14 AM »
all new low for capcom

oh wait

I WAS WRONG!

The rumor strikes me as terrible enough to want proof positive of Capcom actually doing that (iPhone vid or something), but I can't see why Capcom had to bring a natural disaster into their argument. It probably saves players in the long run, but mostly those who bought the game already. The ones who waited for the upgrade were just lucky or smart.

As far as the game itself, I do commend Capcom a little for bringing newer characters into the fray. Many of the new charactes wouldn't be my pics and might not seem realistic as decent fighters, but a good deal of Marvel is about suspending reality. I'll definitely give Rocket Raccoon a try, lots of time will go into Strider, Vergil, probably Iron Fist, and I haven't seen Nemesis's gameplay, but part of me hopes he plays like a tank, just mowing people on the ground, and possibly have a few grappling moves to boot.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Ryudo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2011, 03:34:55 AM »
To me i'm not really impressed by the Capcom side who and what they are adding. Marvel clearly has an idea what their fans want and they delivered with some whom you thought would never be in a fighting game. Megaman X not making the roster after them hainvg a poll and him coming up as the top wanted character. They give the trolling fanboys what they want when it comes to Mr. Pheonix Wright. So far i only think Firebrand and Hawkeye are good, hopefully they can make the other ones atleast decent because 90% of the MVC 3 cast wasn't that good. You always needed those splash able characters like Magneto, Wesker, Dante and others to kind of mesh things together.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2011, 05:35:45 AM »
Capcom is Crapcom

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2011, 09:02:20 AM »
It happened... it actually fucking happened! Capcom rehashed an MVC game!

What next? Am I gonna see the Horsemen of the Apocalypse outside of my house?

Ponies can go jump off a cliff

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2011, 07:25:36 PM »
People were saying Hawkeye was gonna be in there simply because of Taskmaster... I knew they were gonna add Phoenix Wright and Frank West in there..

What strikes me though is that there's no Doctor Octopus, and supposedly when the game was hacked, there was info stating that he was to be in it along with some other character... That's strange I guess...

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2011, 08:24:48 PM »
They're adding Doc Ock in the Ultimate MvC3: Penultimate Nearly Final Edition.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2011, 08:26:10 PM »
They're adding Doc Ock in the Ultimate MvC3: Penultimate Nearly Final Edition.

nah, he will appear in Ultimate MvC3: Penultimate Nearly Final Arcade Edition.

Waifu Material

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 06, 2011, 06:39:08 AM »
http://youtu.be/K5W9n7bBgGA

NSFW for Language

Even though this guy speaks for the casual crowd he makes a lot of good points you have to admit.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 06, 2011, 06:44:38 PM »
http://youtu.be/K5W9n7bBgGA

NSFW for Language

Even though this guy speaks for the casual crowd he makes a lot of good points you have to admit.

I'm surprised the guy didn't verbally attack how soon the game was coming out; it was on the screen, but that's been one of the biggest gripes about the game. Guys like me who bought the game Day 1 for the full $60 might still get the game, but feel really reluctant to pay $40 for another version 8 months later. If Capcom insists on a new update for their fighters, taking a year to release them wouldn't kill them. I might get mine at $20.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995