Author Topic: The Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread, Larga vida al rey magneto!  (Read 77371 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: Who getting UMVC 3?
« Reply #195 on: August 09, 2011, 08:38:10 PM »
The reason I say that is because I don't want to be bored at my friends house or at a tournament when all of them are playing popular games and I'm just sitting here playing KOFXIII vs the Computer. I'll still main KOF don't worry but I don't live In a state were KOF is big. I'm the only one who is trying to get KOF to be popular in South Carolina.

I feel your pain... I can't tell you how many times I miss being in Hawaii (where everyone played everything), because San Diego is straight up Capcomville...

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2011, 01:17:36 AM »
I'm buying it because of three reasons

1. I hate SF4 and I need at least one popular game to play

No you don't

Worst reason ever!
The reason I say that is because I don't want to be bored at my friends house or at a tournament when all of them are playing popular games and I'm just sitting here playing KOFXIII vs the Computer. I'll still main KOF don't worry but I don't live In a state were KOF is big. I'm the only one who is trying to get KOF to be popular in South Carolina.

Ah. Well...

You do that.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2011, 07:27:53 PM »
Well I will say, that if you just started playing fighting games, there is nothing wrong with playing MvC3 or SSF4AE. It will get you used to whatever controller of your choice(especially if you are using an arcade stick) and you will get used to fighters in general.

As for UMVC3, the funny thing about it was that I was considering renting out MvC3 just to try to give it another shot and then I come online and find out that UMVC3 is on the way. I just gave up and rented out SSF4 instead.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 16, 2011, 11:11:32 AM »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 16, 2011, 06:12:05 PM »
Nemesis: Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - NEMESIS-T型

Wow. It's like Venom with higher damage and a rocket launcher. I know they lowered Sent's life, but still it looks brutal how much life Nemesis knocked of in 3 hits. Capcom got this character right; he seems nearly as scary as he did in RE3, truly the mobile tank I envisioned. He'd better say STARS against Chris, Jill, or even Wesker at some point.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #200 on: August 16, 2011, 07:17:46 PM »
Nemesis: Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - NEMESIS-T型

Wow. It's like Venom with higher damage and a rocket launcher. I know they lowered Sent's life, but still it looks brutal how much life Nemesis knocked of in 3 hits. Capcom got this character right; he seems nearly as scary as he did in RE3, truly the mobile tank I envisioned. He'd better say STARS against Chris, Jill, or even Wesker at some point.

Did you see the twinkle in his teeth, a la Kim Kaphwan @ 1:07 in the video? Is there a RE stage for him or any of the characters at least? I sick of seeing stages that are "redux" only with snow and nothing more...

thec0re3

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Fighting Games Online
« Reply #201 on: August 16, 2011, 10:29:39 PM »
Damn capcom I'm getting Doctor Strange is looking pretty good and Nemesis is looking very strong I'd hate to see some one have the ability of him and sentinel on the team. Background never mattered to me at the end of the day you can't really pay attention to it while your fighting but I understand the frustration it is kind of dumb.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2011, 07:58:47 AM »

Animefreak

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2011, 11:19:21 AM »
Virgil and Iron Fist officially announced.

Both look fun as hell, Virgil looks almost broken lol. A real dp... that otgs? Lol ok.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2011, 05:42:36 PM »
oh god phoenix wright ALL MY FUCKING MONEY

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - Phoenix Wright

i dont want to buy this i really dont but my gawd

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 13, 2011, 06:04:15 PM »
I get the feeling that Wright is going to be the new Dan in UMVC3. He just doesn't look very good and much more of a troll character.

Nova looks meh, not looking forward to the gameplay trailer for the Raccoon. You know what pisses me off? They add 2-3 seemingly random and obscure Marvel characters, and they make the Raccoon into a Cable-like character. You know who would've been a better choice for a Cable-like character and people would actually recognize them? THE FUCKING PUNISHER. I mean come on.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:08:04 PM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 13, 2011, 06:13:45 PM »
im still pissed that psylocke isn't in this game or hayato all in all the marvel side is still better capcom needs to crack more into there other series if they can give PW a working move set they can damn well give one to everyone from power stone

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2011, 06:36:26 PM »
I get the feeling that Wright is going to be the new Dan in UMVC3. He just doesn't look very good and much more of a troll character.

Nova looks meh, not looking forward to the gameplay trailer for the Raccoon. You know what pisses me off? They add 2-3 seemingly random and obscure Marvel characters, and they make the Raccoon into a Cable-like character. You know who would've been a better choice for a Cable-like character and people would actually recognize them? THE FUCKING PUNISHER. I mean come on.

Using guns a Cable-like character doesn't make.  Unless Cable is the only one allowed in any game to use guns.

Wright actually has potential, albeit it's initially hard to find with that great awkwardness, but he does have a very decent projectile arsenal, his Maya shield stays out god near forever, his Maya Hyper is safer than two prudes having sex, and in Objection Mode his Shining Finger is damn near unstoppable, and his level 3 seems to do OTG as well as Gavel (though I doubt you'll use it much since it sends both him and the opponent into hard knockdown).

Wright has to be point though, no ways around it, he has to build that case, get that Evidence.  Once he does (shouldn't be hard, Maya shield protects him all day, and you probably should have one cover your ass assists to help out), he can now do whatever he wants.  Switch him out to anchor, keep him on point, whatever, but now the opponent has to be wary, one whiffed move, Wright says Objection, Cornered hits and at that point it's all over.  Hell, Cornered is so powerful, not even incoming characters can change it, once Cornered starts, it damn well finishes.

He has potential.  We'll need a rundown of his moves though and some serious dissecting, but I think he can very well get there.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2011, 07:15:27 PM »

Dude, half of the Marvel characters are obsure characters. That was one thing that pissed me off about MvC3.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2011, 07:23:44 PM »
^ wrong half of them are not obscure